• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

About 40 guns stolen from Lowell home

Ultimately, it will be up to a court to decide on the FID and there would have to be a valid reason (209A, R.O, pending criminal charges, commitment for substance abuse, etc. that are also FEDERAL DQs).

Sort of. Yes, The court will decide after you've had your (other) guns stolen from you and your FID suspsended/revoked on a bogus unsafe storage charge (at least in the context of this case and this particular VIRULENTLY anti gun town). (And if you don't think Lowell would stoop that low, I have a nice bridge over the Merrimack for sale... dirt cheap..... )

A CLEO can arbitrarily yank a LTC for no reason at all and that is what happened to that poor guy who had his guns stolen.

A corrupt anti gun CLEO can also trump up charges against you and get your FID pulled, or blackmail you with those charges- eg, "Surrender your FID or we will criminally charge you with a safe storage violation. " I've lost track of the amount of times I've heard this offered. (In this case, with the busted open door or whatever, they could argue that it was always that way, even if it is a bogus assertion. ) Regardless, the CLEO will make you waste lots of time and money in court fighting it, if you don't accept his "offer".

I didn't "sucked for getting the crap license"; I got what I exactly what I needed for hunting and target shooting. I have a Class D driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement. I do not drive for a living, so I have no use for a Class A or B C.D.L. with all of the endorsements that professional truckers and bus drivers need. Why would having a lesser license be a handicap if my lifestyle doesn't require it?

If it suits you, then fine, do what you want... but don't go around advocating others to intentionally cripple their license as some kind of a panacea against abusive chiefs. It's not. The only way to be fully protected from this crap is to not live here. Otherwise you are under the guillotine just like everyone else, the only difference is with an FID holder the rope is slightly thicker and a little harder to cut, in exchange for only being able to own a limited subclass of rifles and shotguns.

It might help on an out of the blue revocation- "I saw joe blow picking his nose and I want to revoke his license because I don't like nose pickers" or "One of my guys gave joe blow a speeding ticket the other night, and I don't like him speeding in my town, and I revoke the LTCs of speeders" .... The thing is, in this particular case (a gun theft report) if the cops are rummaging around in your house, all that stuff goes right out the window, as they can get away with inventing something to charge you with. A gun theft is a primary example of where they can easily get away with charging someone with unsafe storage until proven otherwise, and that will kill an FID, too. at least until you clear the courts, assuming you can afford the fight to do so.

Remember, the corrupt CLEOs are NEVER held accountable for false charges, especially not in this state, and especially not when the issue regards guns. This is a state, where in many locales, a lawful gun owner who has a gun stolen from them is not treated as a victim, but rather is almost treated as an accomplice to the crime! [thinking]

Of course, maybe you live in a place where the CLEO isn't a dick. I don't know. Of course, if that's the case, you could have just gotten an LTC, too. [laugh]

Also bear in mind that "unsafe storage" charges are basically almost considered a form of sporting event among anti gun PDs. It's "their favorite thing" because it puts the
accused in a downward position in court, especially when a gun is missing. After all, how do you think case law gets established based on things like handguns locked in
gloveboxes or whether or not a handgun locked in a cooler is "secure enough". It's because the PD is intentionally bringing lots of bogus safe storage charges to begin with.

-Mike

I love how all these people in the comments are assuming that because the license was pulled it "must have been because not all the guns were registered"! What a bunch of buffoons!

Remember, the corrupt CLEOs are NEVER held accountable for false charges, especially not in this state, and especially not when the issue regards guns. This is a state, where in many locales, a lawful gun owner who has a gun stolen from them is not treated as a victim, but rather is almost treated as an accomplice to the crime!

This will not always be the case. Over time the legal climate is going to change. We are already seeing it happen. As it does, it will make it easier for aggrieved parties to get relief. Some of these little hitlers are going to get their mustashes trimmed sooner rather than later (we are already laying the ground work for challenges we won't be able to take for years). Pardon the comparison, but blacks didn't go from slaves to POTUS overnight. 2A rights will not take generations to accept either, but it won't happen overnight either.

The firearms were kept in a home-built vault in the basement. Capt. Kelly Richardson said law-enforcement officials are investigating how the man's basement was violated.

"It was very, very secure," Richardson said. "Whoever broke into it had some time because it was so secure."

Richardson said the gun owner refilled his own ammunition, some of which was stolen, and described him as "definitely a collector of firearms."

i guess this should make all of us here take a second to think about our how well our own firearms are secured and our own other security measures such as alarm systems or natures alarm system... mans best friend.

We should also take a minute to think about our own "OPSEC" and perhaps change habits, visibility while transporting to a vehicle or general "loose lips sink ships" talk

the unfortunate truth is if you present a tempting enough target, and bad guys have enough information... you could be next and be where this poor guy is now

it seems this man loved his guns so much he built them a bunker and it still wasn't enough

The owner has a class A license from Massachusetts to carry firearms, which Lowell Police Superintendent Kenneth Lavallee immediately revoked, as well as a federal antique license. The status of the second license is unknown.

Jim McNally, a spokesman for the Boston office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said he couldn't comment on the homeowner's license status.

and this still blows my mind even more now that some of the details of how secure these weapons were are out...

Police are investigating whether the resident had legally obtained all the firearms, but no charges were filed as of last night, Richardson said.
[sad]

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadlines/ci_17014950#ixzz1RG9VuOQd

The owner has a class A license from Massachusetts to carry firearms, which Lowell Police Superintendent Kenneth Lavallee immediately revoked, as well as a federal antique license. The status of the second license is unknown.

So this guy had his entire C&R collection stolen? That makes me cry just by itself. The thought of those poor Mosins, Garands, Enfields, and Mausers in the hands a thief makes me wanna puke.

Yes, this guy took the time, materials and sweat to build according to Capt. Richardson, "a very, very Secure storage area" and it must have taken some time to break into. Now, if you have a love of fine shooting implements, most of us would spend the money or energy on securing them. But my question is, if the guy was to have 2 storage areas, and the thieves steal from this one and now he is without a FID or LTC, he is violating MASS law for possession without a permit, unless he turned over anything else he may have had, what a F_-_ed up place!! And it sounds as if he lives in an area that is plagued with crime and the scums in the area are now laughing at him. Man,I feel for this guy.

So this guy had his entire C&R collection stolen? That makes me cry just by itself. The thought of those poor Mosins, Garands, Enfields, and Mausers in the hands a thief makes me wanna puke.

and the fact that they will hold them sideways too

Yes, this guy took the time, materials and sweat to build according to Capt. Richardson, "a very, very Secure storage area" and it must have taken some time to break into. Now, if you have a love of fine shooting implements, most of us would spend the money or energy on securing them. But my question is, if the guy was to have 2 storage areas, and the thieves steal from this one and now he is without a FID or LTC, he is violating MASS law for possession without a permit, unless he turned over anything else he may have had, what a F_-_ed up place!! And it sounds as if he lives in an area that is plagued with crime and the scums in the area are now laughing at him. Man,I feel for this guy.

As the article states - about 40 of his guns were stolen by the thieves.

I'm positive that any remaining guns were stolen by the Lowell PD along with his license.

This will not always be the case. Over time the legal climate is going to change. We are already seeing it happen. As it does, it will make it easier for aggrieved parties to get relief. Some of these little hitlers are going to get their mustashes trimmed sooner rather than later (we are already laying the ground work for challenges we won't be able to take for years). Pardon the comparison, but blacks didn't go from slaves to POTUS overnight. 2A rights will not take generations to accept either, but it won't happen overnight either.

I agree eventually these guys are going to get punched in the face. It has to get to the point, however, where a DA/Prosecutor will actually be compelled to think about the consequences before bringing charges. The way the situation is now, they can bring false charges and basically get away with it because the law gives them wide latitude to do so.

-Mike

and the fact that they will hold them sideways too

Life vest plate carrier
gangsta9.JPG

He was really coming out of a cartwheel while doing this one
gangsta%202.JPG

HUGE style points for the upside down reverse sks shooting here
gangsta%203.JPG

I agree eventually these guys are going to get punched in the face. It has to get to the point, however, where a DA/Prosecutor will actually be compelled to think about the consequences before bringing charges. The way the situation is now, they can bring false charges and basically get away with it because the law gives them wide latitude to do so.

-Mike

Who's waiting for DA/Prosecutors? That's why we have federal civil rights laws. They'll get their 'punch in the face' when their selectmen get tired of paying legal bills for the futile defense of their defenseless actions.

Who's waiting for DA/Prosecutors? That's why we have federal civil rights laws. They'll get their 'punch in the face' when their selectmen get tired of paying legal bills for the futile defense of their defenseless actions.

Years ago though, these often didn't go anywhere. Maybe things will be different now with Heller, etc. The other problem is I rarely hear of real damages being awarded from these sorts of
cases. Nobody would really start paying attention until some big dump city like Lowell has to pay out millions to someone they wrongly seized a permit or firearm from. Most of the BDCs will sweep the standard legal bills under the rug. A small city or town is probably a better target for a lawsuit. Canton, for example, would be a "fun" target, since those legal expenses will not be easily swept under the rug.

-Mike

Do you have to report a firearm theft to the police in MA? Or are you required to just fill out an FA-10 to document it?

The reason I ask is because they are never going to recover the guns anyway. Even if they did, they would not likely return them to you. And on top of that you lose your license. I would rather just eat the loss and have the ability to rebuild my collection.

"The owner has a class A license from Massachusetts to carry firearms, which Lowell Police Superintendent Kenneth Lavallee immediately revoked, as well as a federal antique license. The status of the second license is unknown."

He would be required to report theft of any C&R firearms.

Guilty until proven innocent...

I would say unbelievable but it's not that hard to believe knowing the state and what people have to go through just to get their license. I hope this guy was on the up & up (which it sounds so far that he is) and that he takes his rights back ASAP.

Keep in mind that heller didn't do much, but did a lot. Think building a large building. Heller is a foundation, McDonald sealed the foundation from leaks. This now needs to be built upon. The Civil Rights Act passed in the wake of the failed Civil Rights Amendment is a huge boon to us. Sorry ladies, but here the failed CRA forced them to write the CR act in such a way it applied to all rights. Once the judiciary is forced to see the 2a in that light, a lot of remedies open up. But right now we don't even have a level of scrutiny to rely on. Without that, bitch smacking little hurlers is premature.

Years ago though, these often didn't go anywhere. Maybe things will be different now with Heller, etc. The other problem is I rarely hear of real damages being awarded from these sorts of
cases. Nobody would really start paying attention until some big dump city like Lowell has to pay out millions to someone they wrongly seized a permit or firearm from. Most of the BDCs will sweep the standard legal bills under the rug. A small city or town is probably a better target for a lawsuit. Canton, for example, would be a "fun" target, since those legal expenses will not be easily swept under the rug.

-Mike

Though police would not name the homeowner, the City Assessor's database shows the home is owned by S------ S---------, 9 Dublin St., and co-owned by three residents of New Britain, Conn.

A woman who answered the telephone at the co-owners' home in Connecticut last night said her brother, S---------, has lived in the Dublin Street home for several years and would likely own any guns there.

Richardson said the gun owner refilled his own ammunition, some of which was stolen, and described him as "definitely a collector of firearms."

Jim McNally, a spokesman for the Boston office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said he couldn't comment on the homeowner's license status.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadlines/ci_17014950#ixzz1ACfofw6h

Has an LTC. Has a C&R. Is a reloader. Definitely a Menace 2 Society. Which one of you guys is this guy?

serial numbers. thats how you trace the gun. If a family member passed it down to him, then the gun might be under his family members name, but it is still a legal gun.

If he moved here from another state, then when he applied for a license, they ask you if you had a license in another state, and the number.

anyways, it is bullshit that they revoked his license.

maybe we should all donate some money and get him a good lawyer to sue the state and the local PD. That would be money well spent in this state.

If you are a member of the NRA wont they appoint you a defense attorney? I may be wrong but I thought I herd somthing like that.

Here was my response:
So what you are saying here is that if your dog was stolen and trained to kill people by a criminal that they would be able to sue the dog owner for the actions of the criminal. This would then apply to all of your property regardless of when or how it was stolen.

In the majority of our country if a person is attacked and needs to use deadly force to defend themselves it becomes the liability of the criminal if any wrongful death happens.

Example: Man attacks me with knife. I fight him off and back away. He then draws a gun to shoot me. I draw faster and miss him but hit a bystander. He then shoots me and I shoot him. I die and he lives. He caused the violence leading to the accidental shooting of a bystander and is now liable.

We need to enact laws in Massachusetts that protect victims of crimes and their innate right to protect themselves from violence. Look up the average response time for a 911 call and figure out if you would rather be able to protect yourself and your loved ones or hope you can dial the phone before anyone is hurt.

Knives are used in many more violent crimes then firearms. We should be required to get a license to own and carry them. Open carry of knives should be illegal and anyone caught with an unregistered and unsecured knife in their home should be put in jail. Sometime in the last few years Vermont had only three homicides. No firearms were used in the homicides.

Has an LTC. Has a C&R. Is a reloader. Definitely a Menace 2 Society. Which one of you guys is this guy?

That's me, and I'm damn proud of it. I'm proud of my service to my country, the way I raise my kids and the Catholic church I belong to. I'm proud to have coached many kids in hockey and help them with little things in life. I'm proud to be a good husband and I'm proud of this country ( but not the leadership ) and I love my gun collection. I'm going to go reload another couple hundred rounds, Hey Lavalee, wanna come join me?!

Sweet Jesus.

Honestly, somebody please tell me what exactly is this enough for you guys in MA to call it go time? I mean is there even a limit to how much ground you'll give?

I've just heard back from one of the reporters in response to my inquiry about why they revoked his license. The reporter is trying to find out why they revoked it, and is trying to get in touch with the guy whose guns were stolen to ask him about it. The reporter doesn't understand the justification for it being revoked and hopes to be able to find out.

I've just heard back from one of the reporters in response to my inquiry about why they revoked his license. The reporter is trying to find out why they revoked it, and is trying to get in touch with the guy whose guns were stolen to ask him about it. The reporter doesn't understand the justification for it being revoked and hopes to be able to find out.

Thanks for checking into this.

If you are a member of the NRA wont they appoint you a defense attorney? I may be wrong but I thought I herd somthing like that.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Sweet Jesus.

Honestly, somebody please tell me what exactly is this enough for you guys in MA to call it go time? I mean is there even a limit to how much ground you'll give?

What would you like us to do? Storm the Lowell PD? A public lynching? Rioting in the streets? (Oh, wait, that's only for Red Sox championships...) Seriously.... other than try to donate to this guy's defense fund, what are you suggesting?

And since men from Connecticut came up when they heard about the Somerville Powder Alarm and Concord & Lexington, are you willing to come up and stand with us? Risk your life, your fortune and your sacred honor?

Last edited:

they might give you the name of a good attorney.

anyways, if this guy was doing everything legally (sorry, i dont know all of the details), i think this might be a really good time for a good attorney to kick the state in the balls. I am pretty sure that GOAL, and the NRA, with the help of people would take on something like this. And it would set a presedent that would help all of us in the future, should we find ourselves in this situation.

I would donate money.

Why are you even on this site? GO troll somewhere else.

This whole story is ridiculouly disturbing. I mean at this point whats to stop the COP in your city from pulling your LTC and taking your guns if someone breaks into your house and steals your TV and Xbox or something??

What's stopping them from doing it for no reason. Let's be real about it we allow it to be controlled by the CLEO's. Every person I talk to about this even one today (that is in his LTC process). All say the same thing when they hear it was 40 guns stolen "What? Who needs that many guns? That gun must be a nut". I said what if you had 10 then inherited 15 more then years later another 20 you inherit? Or you went out over the years and bought guns as you pleased because you love them and what they represent. Your into the ammo that it shoots off whatever. How does this make you insane?

Back
Top Bottom