• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ABC with a positive story about cowboy action shooting.

[video]http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/25462934/detail.html[/video]

I saw this last night and was, really happy about it.

Last edited:
I was there when it was filmed. They filmed for about 3 hours and it ended up with about a 5 minute segment.

The best part was that Chuck Would ended up on the editing room floor. <VBG> The pan of all the firearms on the table has my matched pair of Nickel 5-1/2" Colts in .45 with Ivory Grips. They got their 5 minutes of fame. I'm happy.

And the part about the star shooting - 1st time, by the way - was true. He was missing until Grazer put that hat on his head. Next shot and the rest he was on steel. Too funny.

Nice piece. Fair, balanced and non judgemental.

I was there when it was filmed... The best part was that Chuck Would ended up on the editing room floor.

Where as I was part of the piece when they came to MF&G and I managed to screw up and say John Wayne carred a '73 Winchester when in fact he carried a '92. That was hard to live down on CAS City and the SASS wire.

Where as I was part of the piece when they came to MF&G and I managed to screw up and say John Wayne carred a '73 Winchester when in fact he carried a '92. That was hard to live down on CAS City and the SASS wire.

They hanged men for less in Texas

I am really surprised that Harvard allowed the press in. Good piece though.

If we hide, then the Anti's case that gun folks are weird, creepy loners is made for them.

It may not have been possible ( I didn't see anything but the tease) but if the "support staff" ( Camera, sound, etc.) were given a chance to play, too, that would be good PR....unless thay shot better than the reporter?

If we hide, then the Anti's case that gun folks are weird, creepy loners is made for them.

It may not have been possible ( I didn't see anything but the tease) but if the "support staff" ( Camera, sound, etc.) were given a chance to play, too, that would be good PR....unless thay shot better than the reporter?

I agree, but there is apparently history with Harvard and the press.

I was there...and you see me a few times...and can hear me scream, "Nice SHOOTIN'" in the background.

[video=google;-5100052305975445160]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5100052305975445160#[/video]

F%^& them. These are the clowns who pushed for the one gun a month bill and had that puke Rosenthal on with his phony straw purchase in NH. I used to like Chronicle but no more.

Look at the bright side, here is a perfectly good reason, for a liberal, as to why someone would want to buy more than 3 guns in one month.

Look at the bright side, here is a perfectly good reason, for a liberal, as to why someone would want to buy more than 3 guns in one month.

Good point. Ted Reinstein, the reporter in question, was one of the reporters opining on Rosenthal`s yellow journalism on gun show loopholes. did he suddenly have an epiphany?

Shocked the hell out of me actually, but then I realized cowboy guns aren't scary or evil to the moonbats. Bet you'll never see an IDPA or ISPSA match on that show.

Shocked the hell out of me actually, but then I realized cowboy guns aren't scary or evil to the moonbats. Bet you'll never see an IDPA or ISPSA match on that show.
It's like a TV show - pure Fuddery... Guns are fine for entertainment...

No offense to Cowboy shooters - its not their fault...

This is why all those exceptions for actors and movie production companies exist so they can buy/own/use guns we can't even touch because as we all know, actors and movie producers are amongst the most trustworthy, law abiding and level headed people you will run into... [thinking]

How positive would you think the story would be if the subject was a training class full of civilians by Harrington, Suarez, Magpul, etc etc etc?

The only reason this wasn't a character assassination is because CAS is a costume party with non-scary looking guns.

correct me if i'm wrong, but the voice sounds like Ted Reinstein, hes's the

BIGGEST DICK anti gun POS on that channel... and one the one gun bill

was around he said "ain't that too damn bad, learn to live with it."

FU Ted.

Anyone else notice the safety officer's hands go forward when the dipshit reporter brought the muzzle up at the end?

They hanged men for less in Texas

And if I recall, I was one of the guys standing there with a rope, Pete. LOL

The film team consisted of two people. Ted, the talent, and the camera guy. I tried to get the camera guy to the line but he refused. Told me that his Dad was a cop and he had, "don't touch the gun" burnt into his head as a child. And while he agreed it looked like a lot of fun, he was reluctant to try. I told him to come to a match and we'd talk if he ever changed his mind.

Nice segment. Well done, nothing anti- about it.

Yeah, I caught the RSO reaching out when Ted decided to "blow smoke" after hitting the targets.

The country store segment was interesting too. Henry Ford was a jerk!

I was there as well, and appear very briefly in one of the shots. It was a pretty good time.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with some of you people. A reporter takes the time to come out and do a positive piece on one aspect of our shooting sports, doesn't appear at all anti-gun during the three hours that he's there, doesn't allow any of his own (allegedly - you would never have known it from talking with him) anti-gun feelings to find their way into the show, actually does a little shooting while he's there, and maybe, just maybe helps to convince a few on-the-fence people out there that guns are good for something else besides killing people.

So some of you decide it's a good opportunity to denigrate the reporter, the sport, the firearms used in it, the clothes they (we) wear (you know, the IDPA and ISPC guys wear some pretty amusing outfits as well), and generally everything that isn't what YOU personally like to do with your spare time. Sad.

I was there as well, and appear very briefly in one of the shots. It was a pretty good time.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with some of you people.
At least for my part, I am not denigrating the reporter - just responding to - and refuting the sentiment that this was an indication of shifting opinions of guns in the media.

Though I have seen and commented on indications of such a shift, I would not personally categorize this as part of it since, as I said, this sort of display was still of the sort that the gun-grabbers don't mind seeing on TV.

To contrast - imagine the same story about a 3 gun match where everyone was asked to wear chest rigs and camo... Both are good natured costume parties, but one would either not make it to prime time or would have a very different tune.

I see nothing wrong with people goofing off in the manner they see fit and in fact if it involves some gun play - all the better. Just questioning the 'positive' nature of this story for guns as a whole since this sort of thing has been carved off in the twisted minds of the liberal public as unrelated to second amendment rights. I would call it neutral. A more cynical person might say it feeds into the 'its ok if its a show' mentality that leaves hollywood production companies with access to guns that other Californians (and indeed Americans) cannot have.

You and I know they are one in the same - along with double barreled shot guns, but the fudds and the liberals have compartmentalized this...

Back
Top Bottom