• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ABA House votes in favor of restrictions on 'ghost guns,' firearm permits and safe storage

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
ABA House votes in favor of restrictions on 'ghost guns,' firearm permits and safe storage
Resolution 107A addresses loopholes in state and federal laws that allow gun buyers to purchase partially built frames and receivers (where the operating parts of the firing mechanism, including the trigger, hammer and firing chamber are attached) to make homemade firearms known as ghost guns. Resolution 107A was also co-sponsored by the Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice and the Criminal Justice Section.
Resolution 107B urges authorities to require people to apply for a permit from a designated law enforcement or public safety agency before being allowed to purchase a firearm. It also asks that authorities, at the very least, require prospective gun buyers to apply in person, be fingerprinted and be subject to background and criminal records checks.
Resolution 107C calls for federal, state and local governments to enact regulations for the safe storage of firearms, require gun owners to comply with the rules, and promote safe gun storage education programs.

Who the f*** is the ABA and why do they have a standing Committee on gun safety?

Ps..I need the advice on anything the Gifford’s Law Center says like I need another hole in my head.

Who the f*** is the ABA and why do they have a standing Committee on gun safety?

Ps..I need the advice on anything the Gifford’s Law Center says like I need another hole in my head.
American Bar Association. A bunch of lawyers who have significant influence over public policy.

The ABA and other legal reform organizations typically draft model laws for legislatures to tinker with and adopt. The ABA has demonstrated a left wing stance for decades, likely because the legal community as a whole trends left. The ABA is the de facto regulatory body for legal education. Membership in the ABA for lawyers is purely voluntary and not tied to state or municipal bar membership. Full disclosure: ABA membership is offered to law students and I am not a member.

Some model legal codes have been highly successful like the Uniform Commercial Code. Others like the Model Penal Code have been widely ignored by state legislatures and are only relevant in law school textbooks and bar exams.

The ABA is not about public help any more than the AMA is about patient safety or health. It's a SIG. That's it. SOMETIMES their desires align with good causes. And sometimes, they are counter. What is odd is that your rank and file human AND rank and file news reporter never notices this.

First line of the linked article says:

The ABA will call for tighter controls to curb gun violence after the House of Delegates adopted three resolutions addressing gun permits, so-called ghost guns and safe storage.

They should be challenged on how, exactly, their tighter controls will actually 'curb gun violence'. I'm sure the gang banger that shot the guy's cousin in the back of the head didn't have a ghost gun, didn't submit to a background check, didn't have a permit, didn't follow safe storage laws, and none of their other proposals could or would have curbed a friggin' thing, either.

I think the ABA may have some problems.
a year ago my brother in law took early retirement/buyout they offered, I'm sure he's pretty far left but harmless.
I'm sure he was good at what he did. but maybe he wasn't far enough left.

William-Shakespeare-quote-about-murder-from-Henry-VI%2C-Part-2-1a1830.jpg

Back
Top Bottom