• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A1 Upper question

I'm building a beater AR. I have a nasty (all the way back) pre original assault weapon ban bushmaster lower that I want to match up with an A1 upper and 16" pencil barrel. Long Barrel commando, with correct handguards.
What allen-screw front sights work (accurately) with the A1 upper?
I only ask because I once read that there are different front sights heights between the A1 and A2.

RC

I'm building a beater AR. I have a nasty (all the way back) pre original assault weapon ban bushmaster lower that I want to match up with an A1 upper and 16" pencil barrel. Long Barrel commando, with correct handguards.
What allen-screw front sights work (accurately) with the A1 upper?
I only ask because I once read that there are different front sights heights between the A1 and A2.

RC
I dont think the A1 or A2 front sight base/assembly are very different other than barrel size?
The F marked sight assembly will be taller for the use of the detach carry handle
On the A4 and carbine

tour looking for something like this

Last edited:
Thank you. You cleared to the front sight confusion I had.
I knew there was something about a F front sight. I just couldn't remember what it was.

RC

Thank you. You cleared to the front sight confusion I had.
I knew there was something about a F front sight. I just couldn't remember what it was.

RC
Poke around theres lots of old front sights floating around: tou could probably find a surplus one kicking around

Oh yeah I have many many resources for that I just wanted to make sure I didn’t get (apparently) an F site.
What is slowing me down right now is finding an A1 upper, C7 to be exact. Unless I want to spend nearly $200 for a stripped one.
A lot of people are buying them because they’re building retro AR’s. I’m not really going retro I just watch an A1 upper. The rest is going to be nothing special.
JSE Surplus keeps getting them, but by the time I see the email they are already sold out.

RC

Back
Top Bottom