• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

a WTF moment: small gun stores that screw you

I wonder what Soros is going to do with all that ammo.....bought up purposely so guys like us wouldn't have it come the Big Reset. Dude must have one seriously big warehouse somewhere.

Sure there is, but it generally involves coercive situations. As in "I am the only one here with a first aid kit and you have about 5 minutes before you pass out and die unless I sell you a tournequit. My price is $250,000 - just sign here agreeing to the price and a lien on your house and I'll install it".

Technically that is "willing buyer meets willing seller", but most would still consider it gouging.
After Hurricane Sandy, NYC and the surrounding areas went though a "can't get gasoline" scenario similar to the current "can't get ammo" event we now have. Several months later, someone on a car forum I frequent was whinging about how hard it had been to get gas, how he had only been able to run the generator he had for a few hours a week, the problems his mom had as a result, and so on. He also complained about how some things had cost more then.

I commented that there had been unlimited amounts of gasoline just an hour or so north of NYC, and how a friend of mine and I had joked that we should have bought out the local Benny's of 5 gallon gas cans, filled them, loaded up the back of my truck with them, and driven them down to NYC to sell them for $100 a pop. The original poster was incensed, declaring that if anyone had tried that, he and his neighbors would have beaten them and just taken the gas to teach them a lesson.

When I replied that since that attitude was the reason we didn't then and wouldn't in the future, he should stop complaining, keep his $100, and just run his generator 3 hours a week, as that was the situation he clearly preferred. As I recall, he called me an a*****e and stuck me in his kill file.

Back
Top Bottom