A VERY well written opposition letter to NY legislators from Saratoga County Sheriffs

Well thought out and written. I liked it especially this part. Let Cuomo go door-to-door confiscate weapons and see how it'll play out.

In recent days, we have also become aware of published reports describing a large and growing movement within our state of citizens who have apparently announced their intention of non-compliance with the new statutes as they relate to assault weapons and registration. With an estimated 1 million assault rifles in existence throughout New York, it is beyond comprehension that the legislature and the Governor would needlessly place police officers in a position where they might be called upon to confiscate the previously lawfully owned property of an American citizen. There can be no denying the potential danger this prospect places law enforcement in and once again strongly suggests a bill that was rushed to passage without aforethought or any regard for its potential implications. We cannot excuse this and do not appreciate our very safety being sacrificed for political gain.

Very nice.
As a relocated Upstate New Yorker I will offer this.

If it were possible to out vote NYC voters on this matter, upstate would secede from the rest of NY at the earliest possible opportunity. It is really 2 very different mentalities.

One mentality, one group that's just plain "mental"!

Also, any chance Charles Fuller will be running for President?

@Ezekiel,
As another relocated Upstate New Yorker, I say they should drop NYC and give it to NJ.

Great letter.

Not bad... now lets see them write a letter the Saratoga County judge for refusing to issue pistol licenses for anything other than "target/hunting" [rolleyes]

Anyone who knows NYS knows the Troopers will enforce this and the Sherrifs will transport the prisoners.

This letter should be front page news EVERYWHERE! None of us remember what it was like to have to wait days or weeks for news. Now the 24 hour news cycle is literally programming peoples thinking. It makes one kind of wish the power would go out. If people had to actually think about things more.....wouldn't this world would be a way better place? Maybe the sheeple would even wake up.

sorry for the ranting.

RE VERY well written opposition letter to NY legislatorsfs

OMFG

See, now stuff like this is restoring my faith in our Constitutional Republic.

I think Bloombugger has finally crossed that line that he can't come back from. He embarrassed and put at risk every rep that voted this trash into being. Time to vote them all out NY.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If I was a NY politician involved with this new legislation, I would be embarrassed. Not because I am pro 2A, but because it was poorly written, very little thought was put in the redactation, and was pushed without propper review and debate. He can forget about running for higher office. But then this is America, where people more often than not, are developing short term memory, and loosing their spines.

"While it may come as a surprise to the authors of the legislation, most semi-automatic pistols do in fact come with a pistol grip"
Good one.
Wish it had directly addressed the 10 to 7 round reduction that we're also faced with in Mass.

Very nice.

If it were possible to out vote NYC voters on this matter, upstate would secede from the rest of NY at the earliest possible opportunity. It is really 2 very different mentalities.

I suspect most of Illinois would likewise just LOVE to lose Chicago.

The SCSDPBA reminds the addressees that “assault weapons”, which are banned under the newlegislation if they have 1 military-type feature, were responsible for 5 out of 769 homicides in NewYork last year – or .007%

Too bad about the math:

5 out of 796 is 0.62%, he was off by a factor of 100, and rounded poorly.

While it may come as a surprise to the authors of thelegislation, most semi-automatic pistols do in fact come with a pistol grip,

Most? What's the alternative?

I love the rest of it, suitably harsh without being directly insulting.

Re: A VERY well written oppos

Very nice.

Same here (spent many years there). Although most might give Albany and Cohoes to NYC if they want it.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Great Article! I think I'll print it and mail a courtesy copy to all my state representatives.

One of my favorite quotes:
As police officers who encounter criminal activity on a daily basis, our membership finds the notion that a criminal might somehow wait in line to turn in his or her high-capacity magazines or sell them to someone out-of-state to be so ridiculous as to be not based in reality. It is beyond shocking thata member of a body entrusted to legislate the very laws that govern our society could, with a straight face, argue this point.

This letter should be front page news EVERYWHERE! None of us remember what it was like to have to wait days or weeks for news. Now the 24 hour news cycle is literally programming peoples thinking. It makes one kind of wish the power would go out. If people had to actually think about things more.....wouldn't this world would be a way better place? Maybe the sheeple would even wake up.

sorry for the ranting.

From what I'm told this did actually make the front page of the local news (The Saratogian) on wednesday.

I like it. My take is this was intended to serve as more than simply a "shame on you" letter. He pointed out all of the reasons they could not and do not support the legislation. When he talked about confiscations, I took that as foreshadowing that they would not comply with such an order without coming out and saying it. By avoiding the subject of non-compliance, he was able to play another stronger card...

We cannot excuse this and do not appreciate our very safety being sacrificed for political gain.

If he simply refused to comply, the safety of his officers would not be at risk. Plus Cuomo hasn't played the confiscation card. Yet.

My hat is off to these Sheriffs. Letters like this show the Sheriffs do serve the people of their county and will protect them from the criminals in office.

I like the letter, but I doubt it's authenticity. The spacing between the paragraphs was off, and there was no letterhead.

I have a PDF of actual document with letter head signature etc would not upload for some reason so I linked to newspaper article. I'll email to you if interested.

Back
Top Bottom