• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A very strongly worded 2nd Amendment letter from Utah Sheriffs! Share

...and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation

Nice way to tell the fed to go kick rocks. Molon labe kinda thing.

It's an artfully worded letter that is SO artful that it doesn't say much. Since the good sheriffs of Utah are elected officials, they appear to have done what many elected officials do - used a lot of words to say very little. They never come out and say that they won't enforce any of BO's executive orders, so they don't take a stand. That's bold of them. And the letter itself is nonsensical in that its premise is that the sheriffs of Utah are sworn to uphold the Constitution but they fail to acknowledge that the job of law enforcement is to enforce the laws, not interpret them (something that the Constitution reserves for the Judiciary). God help us when law enforcement officials get to decide what's constitutional and what's not. Forget 2A, wait until these guys get to 4A. I'm sure we'll all be interested in their interpretations...

Wow, these guys laid it all out there, as it should be. Hopefully once enough of the LEO community commits to the Constitution, many more will follow.

Today on Channel 5 they really played up the moms at the statehouse, no coverage for us though. We have to figure out a way around the media blockade!

Wow, these guys laid it all out there, as it should be. Hopefully once enough of the LEO community commits to the Constitution, many more will follow.

Today on Channel 5 they really played up the moms at the statehouse, no coverage for us though. We have to figure out a way around the media blockade!

Do you really watch the MSM? The Lib's. control the narrative they control the information! Social media is the new MSM.

It's an artfully worded letter that is SO artful that it doesn't say much. Since the good sheriffs of Utah are elected officials, they appear to have done what many elected officials do - used a lot of words to say very little. They never come out and say that they won't enforce any of BO's executive orders, so they don't take a stand. That's bold of them. And the letter itself is nonsensical in that its premise is that the sheriffs of Utah are sworn to uphold the Constitution but they fail to acknowledge that the job of law enforcement is to enforce the laws, not interpret them (something that the Constitution reserves for the Judiciary). God help us when law enforcement officials get to decide what's constitutional and what's not. Forget 2A, wait until these guys get to 4A. I'm sure we'll all be interested in their interpretations...

Did you even read the constitution? Where does it say the executive branch can make laws? Also where does it say congress can supersede an amendment without the consent of the states?

I'll give you a hint, it doesn't.

The did say they wouldn't enforce executive orders, just not in a direct way. An executive order that creates law is unconstitutional. They said they would defend the constitution. Therefore any executive order that creates law would not be enforced.

Did you even read the constitution? Where does it say the executive branch can make laws? Also where does it say congress can supersede an amendment without the consent of the states?

I'll give you a hint, it doesn't.

The did say they wouldn't enforce executive orders, just not in a direct way. An executive order that creates law is unconstitutional. They said they would defend the constitution. Therefore any executive order that creates law would not be enforced.

The sheriffs of Utah act as though an Executive Order is something new. It's not. Since Ronald Reagan went into office there have been 1,346 issued. The largest number (381) came from a conservative (Reagan), the fewest, until these recent ones anyway, have come from Obama (144). To the extent that the sheriffs feel that an Executive Order violates the Constitution they are welcome to take legal action and use the judicial system to establish that. Personally, I would rather rely on the Courts, rather than the sheriffs, to determine what's unconstitutional.

WoW-Dude....you sound very very very...ah yes I remember the word now TORY.

The Nutnfancy Project - YouTube

See CTA: Sheriffs To Resist Tyranny!

Back
Top Bottom