A Very Neat Collectable

That's exactly what I've been looking for. I'll place a bid later this forenoon, but first I have to rummage around in my piggy bank to see how much is in there. [roll]
JT

Here's what mine looks like after gassing up yesterday:

image0018.jpg

We were finding the gas stations last night that had the cheaper gas,were out of regular. Will be interesting to see what happens with the long weekend.
Glenn and I are both glad we have small cars right now, and the motorhome is going to stay parked.

Can't afford that but did get this a couple of months ago. Glad I did it when I did because I certainly don't have any extra money now. The thought even came into my head that I might have to sell a gun or two to be able to pay the oil bill this winter.

tommy2.jpg

tommy1.jpg

tommy3.jpg

dwarven1 said:
But what's that ugly thing in the trigger guard?

It's a magic marker to hold the gun up a little for the photo.

Jonj,

It's a 1990 version. It's not actually a repro, it's a 1927a1 model built by AutoOrdnance. AO was the company founded in 1918(?) by Mr Thompson. It's undergone several owners since then but as far as I know,the 1927a1 is still the same as it was in 1927. The 1927a1 was a semi auto then and is now.

As far as I know, it will take a drum. AO is still making these and they have drums listed on their web site.

For everything you ever wanted to know about the Thompson:
http://www.auto-ordnance.com/ao_ao.html

Pilgrim said:
It's a 1990 version. It's not actually a repro, it's a 1927a1 model built by AutoOrdnance. AO was the company founded in 1918(?) by Mr Thompson. It's undergone several owners since then but as far as I know,the 1927a1 is still the same as it was in 1927. The 1927a1 was a semi auto then and is now.

As far as I know, it will take a drum. AO is still making these and they have drums listed on their web site.

For everything you ever wanted to know about the Thompson:
http://www.auto-ordnance.com/ao_ao.html

Thanks for the info!

My ambition is to get one of each type of US military weapon from the Civil War up. This came up at a reasonable price so I had to do it.

Yeah, I could have bought 5 or 9 foreign milsurps or 2 or 3 modern handguns, but then I'd still need a Tommy for my collection.

I've got several foreign milsurps and several modern handguns already. Foreign is ok but the don't have the same attraction to me as US weapons.

I think once I get an M14 clone and a M16 clone, then I'll try some Civil War guns.

At any rate. It's a blast to shoot and a real attention getter at the range.

Only downside is this:
I can drag any of my other rifles thru the house and my wife can't tell the difference between them and doesn't ask if it's a new gun. The Tommy is impossible to do that with as it looks so different !

Cross-X said:
I have a Thompson for sale that will take drums, and even comes with one, along with a stick mag and a banana mag.

This beauty is a .22 caliber, semi-auto.

I'm gonna hate myself, but... how much, Darius?

Back
Top Bottom