• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Twist on Gun Buyback

Another event where they mention nothing about how to legally transport these firearms. Boston PD has a website where they encourage illegal transportation of firearms if you are turning them in.

$75 for full auto! Zoweeee, that $225 will really make Christmas for my family! Can I get directions for Worcester here?

This reminds me of a gun buy back that was run locally several years ago. The officer who was put in charge of it told me that the orders from above were that everything was to be destroyed, no exceptions. He said that most of the stuff that came in was absolute junk and missing anything of value , like sights, bolts, buttplates, etc. and was brought in by people taking advantage of the no-questions-asked and cash payment policy. Three guns were brought in that he distinctly remembered, however. They were a Browning Superposed skeet gun, a mint Marlin lever-action carbine and a Colt 1911 from WW2. all 3 were brought in by widows whose husbands had passed away and they didn't know what to do with them, nor were they aware of their value. Knowing what was going to happen to these fine pieces if they were turned in, as well as their real value, he gave each the address of 3 local gun shops and told them to go to each one, ask for their best price and sell it to the highest one.

His opinion of the buy-back was that it was a huge waste of tax payers money and was being used to support a political agenda.

I will never bring any gun to one of these Dog and Pony shows. They have value as parts guns and if one of my parts guns helps somebody else put one of their pieces back on the firing line we are all better off because of it. Gun Grabbers can Kiss My Ass.

Happy and Prosperous Thanksgiving to all here at NES.

Is there a website (besides threads on NES) to find out about upcoming gun buybacks?

I will tape a pipe to wood and turn that in.

Somebody with an FFL needs to set up a table right next to these guys and give appraisals and offers.

“So, this is a super rare piece worth upwards of 5,000. You really want to trade it for the equivalent of 5 boxes of twinkies?”

Lol, nobody is going to do that to random guns without whittling something down. Although it does piss me off that it's likely that stolen guns will not be checked for in any of the stuff turned in. So the state likely gets away with destroying someone else's property that was stolen from them....

-Mike
That's so true. When I prosecuted gun cases I always tried to contact owners of stolen firearms to try to return them. Took my knowledge nobody else in the system was ever trying to return guns.

That's so true. When I prosecuted gun cases I always tried to contact owners of stolen firearms to try to return them. Took my knowledge nobody else in the system was ever trying to return guns.
A NYC prosecutor did this for a friend when his Ed Brown 1911 was confiscated as part of an arrest in the Bronx. He eventually got the gun back after calling in some favors.

Back
Top Bottom