• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Twist on Gun Buyback

i threw up a little thinking of the fine shower of sparks that a cutting wheel would emit as it bears down into a mirror blue Luger or Colt frame

can't believe there are people who would get off over it

I'll repeat this: A gun buyback is just like the Cash for Clunkers program - a subsidy for gun manufacturers. I'm all for it.

How many beautiful historic pieces are destroyed? Do you know how many prewar Winchesters, Colts, high quality WW1 & WW2 bring-backs, Civil War & cowboy era relics?

The morons running these things aren't smart enough to sort out the stuff that belongs in a museum.

McThugginNugget scores a $50 and ditches the stolen Glock he used to whack ThuggyMcThugglePants last week before the PoPo can find and run ballistics on it.

"run ballistics on it?"

Who is doing what, exactly?

But no. Thugs won't take $50 for a gun they can use, or sell on the street for several hundred.

The only people turning in guns at this event will be widows turning in their WW2 hero husband's bringbacks, shotguns, and bolt rifles for pennies on the dollar. It's disgusting.

What a joke. Dr Hirsch should be dick punched for blatant f***ery and lies.

75.00 for a full auto eh? That’s GD nice of them.
Don’t bother telling that family that may have inherited their fathers or grandfathers collection that if they wanted to they could sell it and get about 10K.

"run ballistics on it?"

Who is doing what, exactly?

Compare rifling marks on a fired bullet and the wear marks on a casing, both found at a crime scene, to the firing pin face/extractor claw and breech face to that from a test firing from a recovered gun believed to be used on a crime. The stuff a crime lab is supposed to do, but usually doesn't because a DA offer a plea deal with the threat of "having evidence" well before any lab would have the time to perform the tests.

Fingerprints recovered off a handgun are usually a myth due to being smeared too much. Matching powder residue (still potentially circumstantial) to a suspect's clothing and any hair/fiber stuck to the oils (or electrical tape the idiot gang bangers put on grips) on the gun are usually what actually winds up in court if ever at all.

I now consider all the
employees at City Welding
enemies of the state!
If you take part in
something like this you’re
an automatic anti!

So if they quit are you going to pay their bills while they look for a new job?

"Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possesion and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

- Patrick Henry

I forget the story specifics, but a group of people hung out across the street from a buy back at a PD, and were offering better prices to people who came to turn in guns. Any takers?

"Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

- Patrick Henry
Reminds me of:
4A34027200000578-0-image-a-70_1521085588081.jpg

The only people turning in guns at this event will be widows turning in their WW2 hero husband's bringbacks, shotguns, and bolt rifles for pennies on the dollar. It's disgusting.

Not that I approve of these things, but IMHO that's usually not realistic. Have you seen the tables of garbage that ends up at these things? Yes, some of the good stuff gets turned in, but it's a distinct minority of the guns collected. About 80% of it is what I'd call junk class stuff, tons of airguns, fudd stuff, cheap grade shotguns, bolt action rifles, muzzleloaders, etc. Go look at the pics from the Fail river thread... most of that stuff is
junk, stuff I would sell off to a local gun dealer for peanuts to get rid of it so it's not taking up space in my safes. The reason most of that stuff is still in peoples houses is because nobody wants to buy it. For example a
friend of mine had her Grandfather pass away a few years ago. Her grandmother wanted to know if the guns were worth anything. Her uncle got gifted a few of the guns out of the estate (namely, one gun that was actually
worth something, a marlin lever action of some sort) but the stuff that was left, 8 or so guns left, a dealer wouldn't even have given her $400 for all of them combined, most of them were 12 or 20ga, intermediate or long barreled pump shotguns and a cheap bolt action rifle in some odd chambering I can't remember.

If you really want to puke though, go dig up pics of the guns turned over in the UK and Australia during their gun confiscation schemes... those pics are 10x disturbing from a typical shitty US gun
"buyback". Lots of hi-brow shit owned by those people, destroyed by their government....

-Mike

Compare rifling marks on a fired bullet and the wear marks on a casing, both found at a crime scene, to the firing pin face/extractor claw and breech face to that from a test firing from a recovered gun believed to be used on a crime. The stuff a crime lab is supposed to do, but usually doesn't because a DA offer a plea deal with the threat of "having evidence" well before any lab would have the time to perform the tests.

Fingerprints recovered off a handgun are usually a myth due to being smeared too much. Matching powder residue (still potentially circumstantial) to a suspect's clothing and any hair/fiber stuck to the oils (or electrical tape the idiot gang bangers put on grips) on the gun are usually what actually winds up in court if ever at all.

Lol, nobody is going to do that to random guns without whittling something down. Although it does piss me off that it's likely that stolen guns will not be checked for in any of the stuff turned in. So the state likely gets away with destroying someone else's property that was stolen from them....

-Mike

So if they quit are you going to pay their bills while they look for a new job?
I don't know where you live or what you do, but here if you can show up on time every day good jobs come looking for you, not the other way around.

Attachments

• 58E6E9DF-A75E-4C43-9DDE-B900A492ED28.jpeg
    58E6E9DF-A75E-4C43-9DDE-B900A492ED28.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 33
How many beautiful historic pieces are destroyed? Do you know how many prewar Winchesters, Colts, high quality WW1 & WW2 bring-backs, Civil War & cowboy era relics?

The morons running these things aren't smart enough to sort out the stuff that belongs in a museum.
I agree, but my argument causes antis to melt down.

I'll say it again, you can't "buy back" something you never owned in the first place. This is just a test run for future confiscation.

Back
Top Bottom