A truly disgusting state of affairs

wheelgun

NES Member
The last few months I've received a few notices from the IRS and Mass. DOR regarding tax issues. They screwed up on two occasions and falsely accuse me of things. So I'm still a bit nervous lately when I receive official notices in the mail.

Today I received this inoccuous looking envelope from the "Criminal History Systems Board". What the hell could this be? Tax related? Am I being called into court? It gave me the shivers.

Turns out it was a just a reminder that my LTC is expiring soon, and it explains the renewal procedure. OK, fine.

Rant ON:

But I find it revolting that law abiding citizens are associated with and should have to deal with a group called the "Criminal History Systems Board". It's so sad that in this state that having an LTC puts me on the list of potential criminals, to be tracked by such a board.

And if the occasion should ever arise that I actually have to use a firearm in defense of myself or others, the state awards me by promoting me to full criminal status and throwing me in prison.

What the heck is the point of granting people a license to carry a concealed firearm if (1) they'll be arrested if anyone even catches a glimpse of it in public by accident, and (2) if they ever justifiably brandish it or actually fire it in self defense they automatically go jail?

I realize I shouldn't whine, be grateful for what I have, and continue to fight the gun grabbers, but it's just getting more depressing every year in this lousy state.

Rant OFF.

Last edited:
But I find it revolting that law abiding citizens are associated with and should have to deal with a group called the "Criminal History Systems Board". It's so sad that in this state that having an LTC puts me on the list of potential criminals, to be tracked by such a board.

You're not the only one that finds it disturbing that we're probably only a
database table away or so from the diddler lists and violent felons.

I think the reason that CHSB ended up with the job (instead of there being a
separate entity for gun licenses) is it was cheaper to lump it all into one
unit. Of course CHSB could have a sub-organization named "MA State Firearms
Licensing Unit" or something more normal sounding, and it would cost the taxpayers
$2,000,000 just to change the name. [rolleyes] Welcome to MA.

-Mike

I was up at a picnic for the Nat'l Guard unit based out of Hudson, MA today (my Lodge was putting on a CHIP event for the guardsmen's kids) and at the very end of the day I was talking with some of the guys and at one point mentioned that I was a member of a large subgroup of people in MA that were despised, non trusted, and viewed with suspicion by the general public. With wide eyes they asked me what group and I said "I'm a gun owner".

One guy asked me advice on his AR15 that he owned (he just moved into the state and is going for his license tomorrow) and another guy asked me advice on selling a Luger his family has that they don't want.

Strange... THEY trusted me and didn't suspect me of wrong-doing.

Give them a chance to get to know you [wink].
blbl.gif

I like you, too, Jim!

Yeah, but on the plus side the mailman never greets you without a smile or doesn't give you an attitude when you don't leave him a Christmas tip.

Back
Top Bottom