A thread-viewing reminder/tip.

HooVooLoo

NES Member
One of the places they filmed the "Stonado" movie.
Hi there. Just posting this little tidbit due to the fact that I see many users going on about how a thread has run 20, 30 or however many pages long.

Having to sift through so many pages of a thread can be annoying if you are trying to view a long conversation, or in trying to find a particular reply. Clicking next next next is gross.

A thread that someone may say is 30 pages long to him/her is only 3 or 4 pages long to me, if you simply set it that way.

First, click "general settings" in the Forum Action drop-down menu in the forum's quick-bar...

nesmainmenu.jpg

Next, just pick how many posts per page you wish to see...

nessubchoice.jpg

40 posts per page is the max.

Enjoy. :)

I get good laughs when someone says "On page 5 blah blah.." I'm thinking... wait, this thread only has like 3 pages!

-Mike

Thanks for the tip. I never had a problem with clicking next but this seems a bit cleaner. Any idea if this setting will migrate from one logged in computer to the next or will I need to set it from each computer I sign in on?

Thanks for the tip. I never had a problem with clicking next but this seems a bit cleaner. Any idea if this setting will migrate from one logged in computer to the next or will I need to set it from each computer I sign in on?

Should be part of your account settings, and be the same no matter where you log in. I've only ever set it once and accessed the board from multiple computers.

I hate when people change titles with 'update on page 30' and I only have like 4 pages. I always use the post number, that way even people who have stupid forum settings can find it. The only time I wouldn't want it to be 500 posts / page is photo threads.

Back
Top Bottom