A teacher who gets its

Lots of comments here about teachers getting it wrong when it comes to teaching about the Bill of Rights especially when it comes to Amendment 2.
My daughter is taking two AP courses this year at a charter school here in Ma. Her Advanced Placement US History instructor has his PHD in History, we are very fortunate to have him on the staff. Anyways, he sent some lesson plans via email so I read through it. When discussion the Constitution and the Bill of Rights he stated the following:

[FONT=Bell Gothic Std Black, serif]AmendmentII[/FONT]
[FONT=Bell Gothic Std Black, serif]Awell regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a freeState, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not beinfringed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Bell Gothic Std Black, serif]Notes:TheSecond Amendment guarantees an individual right to own and possessarms. It enshrines a very ancient English right into theConstitution. Many of the founders, such as Jefferson and Washington,owned large amounts of guns and rifles. Most farmers had guns and atan early age, young boys would be trained to shoot rifles – both tohunt and to protect farms from wild animals or Indians. The right toown and possess arms was a right Englishmen had inscribed in law inthe 1100s. It was also contained in the [/FONT][FONT=Bell Gothic Std Black, serif]1689Bill of Rights[/FONT][FONT=Bell Gothic Std Black, serif]. The founders believed that the right to own arms was essential tothe maintenance of liberty and security. A government, theybelieved, that could take away the arms of its citizens, could reducethem to slavery. The ownership of firearms distinguished the freefrom the un-free. Militia’s, in turn, encouraged local citizens tounite in defense of their town and state. [/FONT]

Dig it.

It seems fairly simple to me. It has to be a retard gene as to why liberals don't understand this.

Legit. Wish I had a teacher like that for US History when I was in HS. Instead I had the only teacher I've ever not liked nor respected. I used to call her out when she spewed what I know realize was nothing more than anti-freedom propaganda. Only class I was ever kicked out of. I called her a liar to her face and proved it, she was none too pleased.

Nice to see.

I had a junior high school Social Studies teacher that when we got to the American Revolution would dress up in period clothing and bring in his black powder musket. About halfway through class we would all go outside and he would load up(minus ball) and fire it, it was awesome and SWAT didn't show up.

Charter schools, while public, have very wide latitude of discretion in their operations. Unlike a regular public school, you are not compelled to attend a charter school.

Back
Top Bottom