• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Tacticool Alternative to the AR15 ???

This is about as "tactical" as I like in a lever gun:

zoom_1895sbl.jpg

According to this guy, the worst is yet to come: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/daniel-zimmerman/new-from-mossberg-464-spx/

"And yes, they’ll be extending the line with an upcoming *sigh* ZMB zombie model. Because if cowboys have to worry about aliens, God only knows the zombie menace can’t be far behind."

I actually executed a good half minute "1000 yard stare" in disbelief at the possibility of this being potentially true.

Whoever the marketing genius that came up with that abortion will probably be working on his resume soon. But what is even worse is that you know there was a Board meeting at some point, and a bunch of people were sitting around a big oval table and they all agreed that... "This is a great idea! How soon can we get started?"

They are going to corner the market, just like redjacket did with the grenade launcher suppressor... Sorry, that is just horrible..

They could corner the market by just selling the prototype to the one guy who would want it.... Come on you know there is at least one guy out there.

You know this guy wants one: (2nd pic in google search of tactical ninja cowboy)

Photo-0079.jpg

[rofl][laugh2][rofl]

While I do love some of the modern lever guns with short barrels and scope rails.....this is just an abomination.

Although, the idea of an adjustable stock on a lever gun IS intriguing.....this is not the way to do it.

Yes, the adjustable stock would be a good idea. I am not that big (5'11") and I find most lever action rifles to be too small. It feels like the stock should be a couple of inches longer. But this gun jsut makes me [puke]

Whoever the marketing genius that came up with that abortion will probably be working on his resume soon. But what is even worse is that you know there was a Board meeting at some point, and a bunch of people were sitting around a big oval table and they all agreed that... "This is a great idea! How soon can we get started?"

Not only that, but they probably had someone do some market research, estimate the sales, and then an entire marketing team had to convice management. I wonder what those numbers looked like.

Well, I have to admit that a tactical lever gun looks weird, but then I remember when people thought that Glockis looked weird. There are some applications and situations where this might be a good choice.

First, from a survivalist perspective, 30-30 Winchester is a fairly common and easily obtainable round in most parts of this country. The lever action concept has its virtues, and why not update it in a package for the 21st Century.

Until I personally fire an AR/M16 platform gun that does not malfunction for me, I have more faith in the lever action.

Jeff Cooper held the Model 94 Winchester in very high esteem, BTW.

If any of you have ever fired lever action rifles, you would know that they have a tendency to "kick"...perhaps a new design concept in the stock will overcome that tendency.

YMMV...I don't see this as a big seller for Mossberg, but there is a market for it.

Well, I have to admit that a tactical lever gun looks weird, but then I remember when people thought that Glockis looked weird. There are some applications and situations where this might be a good choice.

First, from a survivalist perspective, 30-30 Winchester is a fairly common and easily obtainable round in most parts of this country. The lever action concept has its virtues, and why not update it in a package for the 21st Century.

Until I personally fire an AR/M16 platform gun that does not malfunction for me, I have more faith in the lever action.

Jeff Cooper held the Model 94 Winchester in very high esteem, BTW.

If any of you have ever fired lever action rifles, you would know that they have a tendency to "kick"...perhaps a new design concept in the stock will overcome that tendency.

YMMV...I don't see this as a big seller for Mossberg, but there is a market for it.

the way I see it is:

AR<AK<Lever Action<bolt action. (where the AR is the least reliable (when not properly cleaned), and the biggest PITA to mantain)

When it comes to reliability, bolt actions are the way to go.

The one thing that levers have going for them and most bolt actions dont is the fact they come with iron sights (compared to very few bolt actions). I always wondered why Americans dont like iron sights, I would rather use iron sights than any scope.

Disclaimner: If kept clean, the AR is very realiable. In a survival scenario, you dont want to spend a lot of time cleaning a gun, specially since you might not be carrying gun cleaning products. But this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom