• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A survey by police on proposed gun laws

Actions speak louder than words. You are not pro-2A if you make a living by punishing people who are practicing their 2A rights. You are a shitbag.

No one who makes a living by enforcing MA gun laws is pro-2A. They are a hypocrite at best. And a jack-booted thug at worst.

You're an idiot.

This is balls out fantastic.

Before I start spreading this around, can anyone vouch for PoliceOne and their polling practices? Can we stand up and point at this as legit, or does it hold as much water as an NPR/MSNBC poll?

Every cop that I know personally is very Pro 2A. So I never understood about NES is the hatred of cops and the opinion that they weren't Pro 2A. It has been a disconnect for me.

Licensing officer in my town repeatedly said "We want more good guys to have guns". My buddy who passed a few years ago ALWAYS took people shooting and encouraged them to get licensed. And more. Look at the list of towns and how many of them are Bold Green. Here. In Massachusetts.

This is balls out fantastic.

Before I start spreading this around, can anyone vouch for PoliceOne and their polling practices? Can we stand up and point at this as legit, or does it hold as much water as an NPR/MSNBC poll?

PoliceOne is a very legit law enforcement source.

What he said...

and thank you to all the officers who participated. This is a very powerful statement that needs to be echoed to every elected critter. They keep hammering home how we need these things and parade out a minority voice to the contrary amongst law enforcement for their dog and pony shows.

The disconnect is between politically-influenced police leadership and the reltaively more conservtaive rank-and-file. Policing will shake all the liberal out of you real quick and in a hurry when you realize all the liberal social programs furthered by the left do, at worst, nothing more than serve a bottomless pit ofr tax dollars, and at best, perpetuate the problems they're intended to reslove.

The political attitudes of leadership tend to be in line with those of the community served. Chiefs in red cities that vote liberal tend to give out more restricted licenses. The rank-and-file also tend to be a reflection of their community, adjusted to the right by half a standard deviation or so.

Last edited:
So I never understood about NES is the hatred of cops and the opinion that they weren't Pro 2A. It has been a disconnect for me.

Did your police department happily collect $25 from you in exchange for permission to exercise a Constitutionally protected right? Did they fingerprint you like a criminal? Can they criminalize your ownership of your property on a whim? Will they initiate the process of the state ruining your life and bleeding your bank account for having a tube with a spring that was made after an arbitrary date?

What you're observing is not "hatred," which is irrational. You're seeing legitimate, experience-based resentment of intrusion into the affairs of people who want to live a quiet uneventful life without hurting anyone, and be free from coercion.

None of my friends who are police officers ever go on internet gun forums and whine like tween girls about how people perceive them. In fact, I think it's a red flag for immaturity and unsuitability for working in that challenging profession.

Last edited:
Did your police department happily collect $25 from you in exchange for permission to exercise a Constitutionally protected right? Did they fingerprint you like a criminal? Can they criminalize your ownership of your property on a whim? Will they initiate the process of the state ruining your life and bleeding your bank account for having a tube with a spring that was made after an arbitrary date?

What you're observing is not "hatred," which is irrational. You're seeing legitimate, experience-based resentment of intrusion into the affairs of people who want to live a quiet uneventful life without hurting anyone, and be free from coercion.

None of my friends who are police officers ever go on internet gun forums and whine like tween girls about how people perceive them. In fact, I think it's a red flag for immaturity and unsuitability for working in that challenging profession.
Good points Bill.

I'll just note that the police department doesn't "happily collect" the money, they are forced to, as well as being forced to do everything else the law requires. $25 into the town coffers, or which more than 60% goes to schools here in this town doesn't even begin to cover the cost of an hour's worth of time for the Licensing Officer. They don't like doing any of it any more than we like going through it. At least in my town.

As far as being "fingerprinted line a criminal" Weren't you fingerprinted when you went into the Service like I was? I was also fingerprinted several times over the years for insurance bonding purposes when I held various jobs of responsibility. So just because someone takes your fingerprints doesn't make you a criminal any more than when the registry takes your picture.

I guess I also knew innately the difference between hatred and resentment. But thinking about that, if it's true then the resentment has grown into hatred here. The police are doing what it is that the legislature has required the police to do, and the legislature is doing what the people who sent them there want them to do. So yes Bill, we are all responsible for the way that the police here act.

So to hate them is irrational. And we do hate ourselves some serious "JBT cops" around here, yes we do.

Last edited:
The disconnect is between politically-influenced police leadership and the reltaively more conservtaive rank-and-file. Policing will shake all the liberal out of you real quick and in a hurry when you realize all the liberal social programs furthered by the left do, at worst, nothing more than serve a bottomless pit ofr tax dollars, and at best, perpetuate the problems they're intended to reslove.

The political attitudes of leadership tend to be in line with those of the community served. Chiefs in red cities that vote liberal tend to give out more restricted licenses. The rank-and-file also tend to be a reflection of their community, adjusted to the right by half a standard deviation or so.
Awesome post.

I'll just add that the chiefs are selected because of their fit with the community and probably agree to behave in the way that the selectmen or mayor want them to act. If they don't they are replaced.

It's not the cops who are responsible for this, folks. It's the politicians.

As far as being "fingerprinted line a criminal" Weren't you fingerprinted when you went into the Service like I was? I was also fingerprinted several times over the years for insurance bonding purposes when I held various jobs of responsibility. So just because someone takes your fingerprints doesn't make you a criminal any more than when the registry takes your picture.

Exactly, I remember having to be fingerprinted before I was allowed to go to church. No big deal, I'm not a criminal

Every cop that I know personally is very Pro 2A. So I never understood about NES is the hatred of cops and the opinion that they weren't Pro 2A. It has been a disconnect for me.

Licensing officer in my town repeatedly said "We want more good guys to have guns". My buddy who passed a few years ago ALWAYS took people shooting and encouraged them to get licensed. And more. Look at the list of towns and how many of them are Bold Green. Here. In Massachusetts.

I have the same experience. Yes they have to enforce the law - that's their job. They have families and pets and outboard motors to feed. Yes they piss you off when they write a ticket. Yes the piss you off when they cut you off with lights on (hey chasing a bad guy?).

And yes, I have a healthy respect and give them a wide berth. Doesn't mean I hate them. Just don't need them doing their job with me.

Unless of course I need their help.....[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom