• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A store with a large selection of pelican type cases?

Does anyone know of a store within 30 minutes of the metrowest that carries a decent selection of hard sided, quality gun cases?

I'm in the market for a pelican case but I don't want to order one online without holding it...I've had good luck at Cabelas in the past but don't want to drive to Maine for this one..

Thoughts?

Thanks.

You looking for a hand gun case or a rifle case?

I have the Pelican 1720 Rifle case; I can send you some photos with a rifle in it if that helps. Or you can drive to Tewksbury to see it for yourself.

The cases are expensive but worth every penny; I could probably put my guns in it and run it over with my truck and there would be no loss of zero on my rifle.

I haven't seen much of an assortment locally, and I would expect that a shop would need to charge MSRP.

I bought mine from Amazon for about 60% of MSRP.

I don't know of anyplace in the metrowest area that sells a huge selection of Pelican cases. This is something I searched for myself a few months ago.

But in Needham, MA there is You-Do-It Electronics. They have a small selection of Pelican cases.

I got a Pelican at B&H Photo in NYC. They seem to have free shipping and their prices are competitive. You can buy them with and without the foam padding.

I bought one without foam. For every handgun I have a soft handgun rug. Using a Pelican case without the foam, and instead using pistol rugs, I can almost fit double the amount of handguns in my Pelican case. I only use this for temporary relocation of handguns (not for long term storage).

These folks were at the Springfield Sportsmen's show and had good prices on Pelican cases and lights. They were knowledgeable and helpful:
Electronic Sales of New England
Old Saybrook CT 06475
860 388 1196
If you find a case on the website that has the space you need, and the price is right, go one size bigger for future capabilities, and don't worry about the quality. They're all good. SKB makes good ones, too.

Hunt's photo in Melrose had a good selection when I was in there a few years ago.

I believe Hilton's Tent city near the Boston Garden stocks some Pelican's but they won't be gun specific, they'll be for hiking, camera's, etc. And their prices are much higher than online.

If you buy from amazon or some other online sites, they have free return (cabela's might too). So if you order the wrong one or don't like it, send it back and get refunded.

I got a Pelican at B&H Photo in NYC. They seem to have free shipping and their prices are competitive. You can buy them with and without the foam padding.

I bought one without foam. For every handgun I have a soft handgun rug. Using a Pelican case without the foam, and instead using pistol rugs, I can almost fit double the amount of handguns in my Pelican case. I only use this for temporary relocation of handguns (not for long term storage).

When I buy from B&H, I choose the free ground shipping and it's generally here the next day.

Tony P.

I haven't been to Hunts in years but my recollection was that it is a huge camera store and has a pretty decent selection of hard cases. You-Do-It in Needham (you can see it from the 128 Highland St. exit) has a small selection of Pelican cases -- I bought a great Pelican case with built in key locks that holds 3-4 pistols. I don't get too hung up on pricing -- there isn't a wide price gap between buying in a B&M store vs. internet when it comes to expensive SKB and Pelican cases, and you generally will still pay tax through the large e-tailers plus shipping. So I buy wherever I can find what I am looking for.

A Pelican 1520 will hold 6 handguns easily and some mags. I pack 4 226 sized handguns and a couple compacts to the range in one.

When I buy from B&H, I choose the free ground shipping and it's generally here the next day.

Tony P.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I chose the slow ground delivery but it arrived fast, almost next day. They must have a warehouse on the NY/MA border.

I believe Hilton's Tent city near the Boston Garden stocks some Pelican's but they won't be gun specific, they'll be for hiking, camera's, etc. And their prices are much higher than online.

If you buy from amazon or some other online sites, they have free return (cabela's might too). So if you order the wrong one or don't like it, send it back and get refunded.

Holy crap... Are they still in business?!?!?! I haven't been in there in 28 years.

Back
Top Bottom