a sad day, my c&r expires....

Decided when I got my renewal letter a few months back that given the political climate and the rack that we're trying a put money away in savings that I wouldn't renew my FFL I tried to get one last purchase in but it just didn't work out......

All in all it was a very good thing for my collection to do, and a very good thing for my wallet to let go! There will be an additional piece or two this year but nothing like the last 2!!!! The only real downside is finding the "right" Luger just got harder!

I debated this and decided to keep mine. I sent in my renewal a couple weeks ago. I'm still undecided and might turn it in later. My other thinking was maybe it can be used to keep things I have as a licenses collector if this BAN EVERYTHING shit gets out of control.

I'm on the same boat. I do see some pro on keeping C&R for online vendor discount. The saving would easily pay for the license fee.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Not an option for Me. If I give up my C&R I would have to give up my MG license too. Besides it saves me way more than it costs in the discounts I receive from Brownells, Midway and Numrich.

I thought the C&R was only a "prerequisite" of sorts when it comes to getting your MG license? How does letting a C&R license expire suddenly mean you must give up your MG license?

I don't think I'd ever let my C&R expire. I have gotten so many discounts through distributors/ suppliers that it pays for itself in no time. Not to mention the fact that out-of-state ammo sellers have agreed to ship me ammo once they learn I have an FFL03.

Last edited:
I thought the C&R was only a "prerequisite" of sorts when it comes to getting your MG license? How does letting a C&R license expire suddenly mean you must give up your MG license?

Perhaps his licensing officer will consider it when he renews. It may be worth a call to ask him. I know it's required for an initial application, but I haven't seen a MG renewal yet.

Not actually give it up, but be unable to renew it.

I let it go in Oct. of 2007. I was buying most of my guns locally and did not see the need since the days of lots of Enfields, Mausers, Mosins and such from wholesellers were pretty much over. If however, I still had one today, I would be turning it in. Having one today just seems like too much hassle with the Federal Agents. A simple and honest mistake in your book could cost you more in lawyer fees than I would have saved in FFL fees. Why take the risk.

Oh ok. Having never had an MG license, I didn't know that's how it works. You need to maintain a C&R license in order to keep your MG license?

Yup, In MA You must be a bona fide collector of firearms to maintain a "green card". Having a C&R meets the criteria.

Back
Top Bottom