A Riddle For You

Q: What's better than a free box of ammo.

A: Three, of course.

Just bought a steel gun cabinet from a guy in Lynn (MA) who had it listed on Craigslist. He was asking $50 for it, and when I got to his house last night, he threw in a couple free boxes of .38 handloads and a box of .357 hollowpoints (and a 9mm/.38 pistol brush set and a couple throwaway earplugs).

I guess it's time to buy that GP-100 I've been thinking of.

Pics here.

Personally...

I would NOT shoot those handloads. You don't know the guy, you don't know weather or not he knew what he was doing, you don't know where he got them, or what whackjob may have been sitting at the press doing the loading. If any of the ammo is factory, then have at it, but I would get rid of those handloads.

Adam

My advice on the handloads:

place cheap .38 in vise, get behind some suitable object with string attatched to trigger, proceed to pull trigger with said string while taking cover.

That's awesome! I saw that listed yesterday and emailed him about it but he said it was already taken. I'm glad to see it went to a good home.

Good deal, except now if you buy the GP100 you've spent more than you've saved LOL. That looks like a good cabinet. Is it a Stack-on or a Sentry or what? You certianly can't go wrong for $50, but I have a feeling you're going to fill that pretty fast.

depicts said:
Good deal, except now if you buy the GP100 you've spent more than you've saved LOL. That looks like a good cabinet. Is it a Stack-on or a Sentry or what? You certianly can't go wrong for $50, but I have a feeling you're going to fill that pretty fast.

It's made by Homak Security - identical, pretty much, to the one's you mentioned.

http://www.homakmfg.com/HOMAKsecurity.htm

yeah, I have a small Homac from Wally World, they called it a stack on because you could put one on top or the other (they're about 24" x 24") and bolt them together and to the floor. I use them for my ammo, and put most of my long guns and handguns in heavier safes.

Back
Top Bottom