A Rant, if I may....

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Rant to Pizza to Steak Tips..... Topic Drift..... next we'll go completely off the rails and be talking about guns [smile]

Maddawg1952

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Good clean Pub lots of local sport celebs in the bar area when there is a game on. Have sat next to a few former Bruins players. (Lol) My nephew had to tell me who they were!. Never ate in the dining room so I can't help you there. Off Topic threads seem to usually drift well...… Off Topic!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Be warned they're pretty small.
Good to know. I prefer the people making my pizza be at least six feet. Prefer if everyone is over 6'3" but that's hard to find.

pizza's like sex, even when it's bad - it's okay.
I dunno. I've had some pizza that was what it is probably like to have sex with Oprah. So. . . . . . notsogood.

Which brings us back to Linwood in Randolph. Isn't that the place that was robbed a few years ago by shotgun wielding thugs?
9pm on a Fri or Sat night means a CRAPTON of $ in the till for sure.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Which brings us back to Linwood in Randolph. Isn't that the place that was robbed a few years ago by shotgun wielding thugs?
Sacrilege, how dare they violate the sanctity of the Linwood Cafe

9pm on a Fri or Sat night means a CRAPTON of $ in the till for sure.
For the longest time they were cash only when other places took cards. Pretty sure they change that. And if you want to pick up a pizza on a friday night, best call 4 hours in advance.

CCW

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like that episode of Family Guy sometimes. You know the one where Lois keeps all of her anger, aggression, and rage pent up inside, which soon turns into a tumor. Well I refuse to get a brain tumor over this crap....and since some of you seem to be entertained by the imbeciles I'm surrounded with, I figured I would bring some joy to you all.

Employees:

Case 1:
If you don't know how to do something ask. "Fake it til you make it" does not work in a food establishment. When I tell you that you're just not good enough for the job, and then you turn around and tell me it's because I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RUN MY BUSINESS THAT I'VE BEEN RUNNING SUCCESSFULLY FOR OVER 20 ****ING YEARS, HIRING AND FIRING DUMB PANTY WASTES LIKE YOU ON A MONTHLY BASIS....don't call me the next day and ask me "So, am I on next weeks schedule?" NO MOTHER****ER, YOU ARE NOT....UNLESS THAT SCHEDULE IS FOR YOU TO COME HERE FOR ME TO KNOCK YOUR TEETH DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!!!!!

Case 2:
If you see that you have a boss that scratches his nuts most of the day, surf's the internet, and pays you out of sheer laziness and not necessity.....and THEN you notice that everytime YOU work, HE HAS TO BUST HIS ASS DOING SHIT HE PAYS YOUR STUPID ASS TOO ALL ****ING DAY BECAUSE YOU MISREPRESENTED YOURSELF AS A COMPETENT RESPONSIBLE ADULT WITH AT MINIMUM A HALF A BRAIN, WHEN IN REALITY YOU"RE A FREAKING HALF RETARTED ANIMAL THAT IS 2 EVOLUTIONARY CYCLES BEHIND MANKIND.....you're probably not gonna make it past your first week.

Case 3:
If you think you can strong arm me, because I'm already shorthanded...and you feel like MY BUSINESS THAT'S BEEN AROUND SINCE YOUR MOTHER WAS CUFFING YOUR DADDY'S BALLS CUZ IT WAS COLD IN YOUR GRANDMOTHERS BASEMENT, YOU CAN FOAD, BECAUSE YOU'R FIRED TOO!!!! IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, WHEN I ACTUALLY DO WORK, I TAKE THE PLACE OF 4 OF YOU TARDS AND WILL BE PUTTING YOUR FRUCKING PAYCHECKS IN MY POCKET FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.

Customers:

Case 1:
I have absolutely nothing against children with mental disabilities, but please don't use my store as your social training ground in the middle of a lunch rush, especially when you see there a line of irritated customers forming behind you. Instead, if you contact a business owner and tell them that you have an autistic child that you would like to expose to real world situations, I'm sure 90% of business owners would work something out for you and your child. (which I arranged)

Case 2:
If you buy something, walk out, return 3 hours later and tell me you dropped it, threw it in the trash and need another one free of charge....I will laugh loudly and tell you to go **** yourself in a store full of people. Every time.

Case 3:
If you tell me that I HAVE to accept your EBT card because it's your "civil right", then I will laugh loudly, tell you to call Jesse Jackson, and then go **** yourself....in front of everyone. Every ****ING time.

Case 4:
If you tell me you're gonna "whoop me" for kicking you out of my store, please, OH PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN AND AVOID ME WHEN YOU SEE ME IN THE STREET!!!!! I HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF ANGER I WOULD LOVE TO RELEASE ON YOU!!!!

That's all for now.

Everyone have a blessed day.
Case 1: You can Fuk right off. If you don't like disabled people inconveniencing you that's too fuking bad. I have an autistic nephew and to see what they go through as parents the last thing they need is some pin head getting pissy about it. Please post the name of your establishment so I can be sure to direct all the parents of the disabled and their families to avoid it so they don't upset you. Call and make an appointment? Yeah not so much.

chris_1001

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Case 1: You can Fuk right off. If you don't like disabled people inconveniencing you that's too fuking bad. I have an autistic nephew and to see what they go through as parents the last thing they need is some pin head getting pissy about it. Please post the name of your establishment so I can be sure to direct all the parents of the disabled and their families to avoid it so they don't upset you. Call and make an appointment? Yeah not so much.
Can I subscribe twice????

pastera

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Really?
Having a good amount of first hand experience dealing with autism, what he proposed is actually pretty great.

Call and get a time when the shop will be quiet to teach an autistic child how to order is actually a damn good thing - think about the reduction of over stimulation and stress that a quiet shop would bring to everyone.

But it's easier to just get angry that his first priority is actually running a profitable restaurant instead of accommodating an unreasonable parent - asking an autistic child to handle the stress of learning to order food in a loud busy environment is torture.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Damn. I re-read some of this stuff and I STILL think this reminds me of the sub shop down behind Jordan's off of Washington back in the 80's. Good subs, fast service, no-nonsense attitude. LOL

CCW

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really?
Having a good amount of first hand experience dealing with autism, what he proposed is actually pretty great.

Call and get a time when the shop will be quiet to teach an autistic child how to order is actually a damn good thing - think about the reduction of over stimulation and stress that a quiet shop would bring to everyone.

But it's easier to just get angry that his first priority is actually running a profitable restaurant instead of accommodating an unreasonable parent - asking an autistic child to handle the stress of learning to order food in a loud busy environment is torture.

Really?

Yep. Really.
Teaching autistic kids to handle real life situations involves putting them in real life situations. In real life you can’t always make an appointment to do everything you’re looking to do such as walking into a pizza shop. Also, if the parents decided that was what was best for their child I think they know a hell of a lot more so than you what is best for their own child. The OP stated that he was frustrated dealing with special needs people because there was a long line of customers forming behind them. Boo-hoo, bitch. You and everyone else will have to deal with waiting. Do you get pissed when someone is trying to navigate the grocery store in a wheelchair and you’re stuck behind them? Notice how he will not post the name of his business so we can see who he is. I’m sure he knows how it would look getting the publicity that he is shitting on autistic people because it’s inconvenient for him and his other customers and he knows better.

Last edited:

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yep. Really.
Teaching autistic kids to handle real life situations involves putting them in real life situations. In real life you can’t always make an appointment to do everything you’re looking to do such as walking into a pizza shop. Also, if the parents decided that was what was best for their child I think they know a hell of a lot more so than you what is best for their own child. The OP stated that he was frustrated dealing with special needs people because there was a long line of customers forming behind them. Boo-hoo, bitch. You and everyone else will have to deal with waiting. Do you get pissed when someone is trying to navigate the grocery store in a wheelchair and you’re stuck behind them? Notice how the pussy will not post the name of his business so we can see who he is. I’m sure he knows how it would look getting the publicity that he is shitting on autistic people because it’s inconvenient for him and his other customers and he knows better.
I understand where you are coming from.
Perhaps 1 of the things parents or others who accompany someone with a disability could also be a little more aware of others. This also goes for people without disabilities. For instance, if I am still making up my mind and there is a line behind me I will step aside and tell the next person to order. Even if it takes me 2 or 3 customers before I make up my mind, the "line" usually let's me "cut back in" and place my order when I am ready. I haven't actually held anyone up because I made up my mind while allowing others to place their order. This is not a "common" occurrence for me as I eat out very infrequently, much less in a place where I actually have to stand in line to order, but if I am in that position of standing in line and getting to the front of it before I am ready to order, this is what I do.

And yeah, the rest of us need to have a little compassion and patience for others. That would help a lot!

No idea how much of a "hold up" was had at the OPs place of business. I am also acutely aware of how it can be when you have a limited lunch break and need to get your food and get back to work.

Brin747

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yep. Really.
Teaching autistic kids to handle real life situations involves putting them in real life situations. In real life you can’t always make an appointment to do everything you’re looking to do such as walking into a pizza shop. Also, if the parents decided that was what was best for their child I think they know a hell of a lot more so than you what is best for their own child. The OP stated that he was frustrated dealing with special needs people because there was a long line of customers forming behind them. Boo-hoo, bitch. You and everyone else will have to deal with waiting. Do you get pissed when someone is trying to navigate the grocery store in a wheelchair and you’re stuck behind them? Notice how he will not post the name of his business so we can see who he is. I’m sure he knows how it would look getting the publicity that he is shitting on autistic people because it’s inconvenient for him and his other customers and he knows better.

pastera

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yep. Really.
Did you miss my first hand experience?

If you are trying to teach social interaction skills to someone on the spectrum you necessarily have to reduce stressors until they have mastered the interaction with the person behind the counter.
Telling a young Aspie to order their food at a busy counter is overwhelming to the point of torture - it takes a number of extremely easy, repeatable interactions before they can handle ordering with distractions.
Unless you are an aspie, you probably don't understand the topic fully (you said it's a nephew that's your experience, correct?)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They’re gonna shut this thread down.

Guy is trying to make a living selling pizza. Taking your autistic kid into a situation that you know will trigger him or her and cause a slow down in sales takes money directly out of the business Owners pocket. That is stealing.

I am against stealing. Seems like you aren’t

the OP is correct. If you want to expose your autistic kid to real social environments, do it off hours. Ease them into it.

but don’t steal from business owners. All that theft does is either drive them out of business or force prices higher.

now can we please get back to a really entertaining thread that’s been around for years and years and not get it shut down?

Thanks in advance.

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
oh yes! the crust too.

We no longer eat wheat/grains so we use a premade cauliflower crust. it's actually not bad but no where near the same as a bread crust.
What brand cauliflower crust? We've tried one or two and they were absolutely awful. Didn't "bake" or crisp up at all, even when pre-cooked for several times longer than recommended. Came out as a mushy disgusting mess every time.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What brand cauliflower crust? We've tried one or two and they were absolutely awful. Didn't "bake" or crisp up at all, even when pre-cooked for several times longer than recommended. Came out as a mushy disgusting mess every time.
cauli'flower brand. they really don't hold any crisp when you put the sauce on. It's "passable." We only eat their "plain" crust as the others all have some type of additive we don't eat.

Top Bottom