A Rant, if I may....

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Cats are delicious because they have no soul.
That's why cannibals eat the gingers first. I tell my wife that I tolerate her cat because if the SHTF, and food gets scarce... You can make damn near anything taste good in a stew.
...I thought we weren't allowed to talk about cats in here.
Mea Culpa.

Good employees are hard to find. Lots of people just don't want to work, even if you really try to take care of them. The smartest ones have already figured out how to collect more from the state than they would if they worked 9-5.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For the old school NESers I have a new Pizza Special...it's called the BC Eagle Ace pizza. It's advertised to be made with Roma tomatoes imported from Sicily daily by helicopter, 4 different types of caviar, lobster meat only from the rarest blue lobsters. It costs $150 for a large pie, but when you get home you discover its Elio's Pizza.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Not saying you should, or even could and remain competitive. It's just a matter of economic fact that most shortages are, in fact, shortages at the price the buyer is willing to pay (regulated and price controlled markets excepted). It's like Boston housing - there is no shortage, just a shortage of supply the average resident can afford.
yIve been saying it for a year - a recession sucks but it puts work ethic into a pile of people. 11 years of college grads who haven’t had to worry about losing a job has created too much complacency.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
For the old school NESers I have a new Pizza Special...it's called the BC Eagle Ace pizza. It's advertised to be made with Roma tomatoes imported from Sicily daily by helicopter, 4 different types of caviar, lobster meat only from the rarest blue lobsters. It costs $150 for a large pie, but when you get home you discover its Elio's Pizza.
It's delivered by a guy in a Ferrari, except when he pulls up its actually a Geo metro...

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That's a sad story, Kelton. Plenty of great pizza out there....probably none as good as any pizza on a good old fashioned 80's style coke binge though.
Back in the day, mid 80's, when I was in high school, Pizza Hut pan pizza was epic. Then they got bought by Conhugeco and closed all of the sit down restaurants with the red roof and started pedaling that shit along with taco bell. They stopped using quality ingredients in an effort to compete with Dominos, in a race to zero for $5 pizza.
Circa 1985, a large meatlovers pan pizza was probably $18. Which was expensive, but was worth every penny.
Linwood, Town Spa, Cape Cod are all good, but who remembers Tip Top? They were worth the drive into the heart of Brockton, and as an added entertainment bonus, you probably got to witness at least one felony during the trip. Occasionally, you might hear gunfire.

My local pizza place is awesome. We lived in Weymouth 30 years ago, and in Columbian Square there was a little Greek pizza shop, Olympic Pizza. Awesome Greek pizza. When we moved to the Bridgewaters, we found this little shop Zorbas pizza, so figured what the hell. I was surprised at how similar it was and one day mentioned it to the owner while waiting for my order. He said "Olympic pizza? That's owned by my brother George." And all was right with the world.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It's been awhile, so..?
Nashua: East Hollis street..Bob's Pizza... Turn around, go to Allds street and find Danelly's for grinders.
Bob's Famous Pizza, picked one up last night. The closest I've found to good pizza up here. But still not quit up to past standards in MA, sad but true.

Maddawg1952

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I worked in Londonderry N.H. for over a year some of the best pizza I've ever had came from a small place in the strip mall next to Walgreens. Really had a great sundried tomato and BBq chicken pizza. And one that goes against all that is Holey in Pizza World an alfreado and grilled shrimp with loads of garlic. And I grew up on the best pie in the Northeast from a small Mom & Pop little Italian hole in the wall pizza shop no seats just take out , Placido Bertini's in Salem

Last edited:
Top Bottom