a question about trading in a gun

I have a USPc 45 that I bought from a dealer in 2002, I still have my copy of the fa10, my question is: Is this proof enought that the gun was in the state prior to 1998, or whatever the date is. I am hoping to trade in this gun, and get a 1911sc. I know I can sell FTF, but it would be less trouble to do this through a dealer.

I would think that the FA-10 could only prove that this pistol was in the state at the time you bought it. Can you bring it back to the dealer you bought it from and look into a trade?

I bought 2 USPc's from MA dealers. NO MA dealer can ever sell them again. They were made after 10/21/98 and thus were not in MA on that "magic date" and are forever banned from "commercial sale".

You will no doubt have to sell it privately. Not real hard, people are dying to buy USPc's . . . since most of will never sell the ones we have and you can't buy any more of them without great difficulty.

Thanks len, thats what I thought. I should just retire this, and make it a safe queen, but I might put it up for trade in the classified section to see if any one has what I want.
Thanks

edited to add this peice does have a KI date code, which means it was manufactured in 1998

Or, you can post it for a sale price that would reflect what you were hoping to get toward the 1911.

Adam

Whoah whoah whoah whoah!

I can buy non MA compliant handguns and simply declare them on a forum ten? What about assault weapons (pistol or rifle)? I assume this only goes for stuff bought out of state?

Ericman said:
Whoah whoah whoah whoah!

I can buy non MA compliant handguns and simply declare them on a forum ten? What about assault weapons (pistol or rifle)? I assume this only goes for stuff bought out of state?

You need to go over to some of the topics that have specifically addressed this, In short, any properly licensed individual can by non compliant handguns from another properly licensed resident. The only thing that is affected by compliant/non-compliant or the AG's regulations are sales by licensed MA dealers. So-called "assault weapons" are another matter entirely. Only those that were considered "pre-ban" under the expired federal law are allowed.

Ken

swatmedic said:
I have a USPc 45 that I bought from a dealer in 2002, I still have my copy of the fa10, my question is: Is this proof enought that the gun was in the state prior to 1998, or whatever the date is. I am hoping to trade in this gun, and get a 1911sc. I know I can sell FTF, but it would be less trouble to do this through a dealer.

It's actually far less trouble IMO to sell FTF, and just taking the cash to a dealer and buying what you want. FTF, you don't have to worry about selling an HK to the dealer and if it would be acceptable, etc. With FTF, you fill out a form, and that's it! Also, through a dealer, assuming they could take it in for trade, you would lose potential money because they would need to turn around and sell the gun, and they want to make money on it...so you wouldn't be getting the most $ for your rare HK. I sold my USPc 45 in the classified section here on NES. Within an hour or two, I had a buyer. Got cash for it, and went down to Four Seasons the next day and ordered the rifle I wanted and paid cash...Done deal!

Just make sure to fill out the FA-10 completely, and mail it within 7 days of the sale. Take a good pic or two, tell us about the USPc, and post it in the classifieds...it won't last long being an HK in the PRM.

Just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom