A P38 Shooter

I picked up my third P38 this weekend, and finally have a shooter. Still, it is a decent and matching example of a Nazi war-time production, Walther ac 42. No import marks or Russian capture evidence.

It's not in rare or in pristine condition like my others, with only about 70% bluing. But no major pitting or damage, and it appears to be in excellent mechanical shape.

So it will likely go, "Bang, bang, bang, bang..."

Pics, and thanks for looking.

M9a1ydk.jpg

wvwzxPQ.jpg

GCnvsW0.jpg

pntJktY.jpg

2NjarWQ.jpg

NJi5acV.jpg

F7q2ssd.jpg

APT82KG.jpg

XaSN88d.jpg

XrFCCcy.jpg

I have a couple dozen German firearms from the WWII-era, and simply have never fired one until today.

I got the itch and scratched it.

After inspection and a light lube, I loaded one round, then two rounds, then four mags of five rounds each. Twenty-two of twenty-three shots of WWB made paper at 35 feet. Not my best shooting ever, but it was more for the experience than for precision.

Well balanced gun. Recoil easily tamed.

bQ92w8q.jpg

I have a couple dozen German firearms from the WWII-era, and simply have never fired one until today.

I got the itch and scratched it.

After inspection and a light lube, I loaded one round, then two rounds, then four mags of five rounds each. Twenty-two of twenty-three shots of WWB made paper at 35 feet. Not my best shooting ever, but it was more for the experience than for precision.

Well balanced gun. Recoil easily tamed.

bQ92w8q.jpg

I snagged on few years ago. I paid 600$ it's all matching 1944 I think. Great little gun. Shoots well.
Glad to see you using one of your many!

That is my idea of the perfect P-38. Matching, no import marks and beat up enough to make you think it has a very interesting history. Great find.

Following the range trip, I discovered that it was actually much nicer that I had previously assessed.

After cleaning up the internals, I decided to give the exterior a wipe-down. Years worth of dried oil and crud came off on the cloth, and revealed a fairly vibrant finish under the dull film.

5x5CqnT.jpg

Following the range trip, I discovered that it was actually much nicer that I had previously assessed.

After cleaning up the internals, I decided to give the exterior a wipe-down. Years worth of dried oil and crud came off on the cloth, and revealed a fairly vibrant finish under the dull film.

Nice one!

Isn't this also where you tell us you picked it up for $100? [hmmm]

I sometimes regret selling my only P38, but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, so no big loss. My three P08's make up for a lack of P38.

I may someday buy a P1 example. Much less expensive, and if something broke while firing, it wouldn't be as sad as breaking something on an all original, 100% matching WWII gun. (mine was)

Back
Top Bottom