• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

a new twist on the old rule

ok im going to beat the dead horse for a second here. buying in mass 101, the firearm you purchase from the DEALER has to be on two two lists, the approved roster and the AG's. almost anything goes when it comes to FTF, at least in respects to lists. if its in the state its assumed that it can be here, there just needs to be an FA10 involved. now when it comes to buying from out of state it has to be transfered through the FFL and this is where my understanding comes in.

buying from the dealer, it has to be on two lists

however if you buy from out of state, it needs to be on the roster to get into mass, but it dosent say anywhere that it has to meet the AG specs because its not being sold by the FFL that your using to facilitate the transfer. also, since the firearm in question would come from a different state the AG would have no authority over it.

thats my understanding, and ive been reading and re-reading the same law sections for a few years now. Have you guys ever thought of this?

i meant the AG's "list" that the never publish.

There is no such list.

And you have no idea what you are talking about. A handgun from out of state MUST go through a MA dealer. If it's not compliant, they CANNOT transfer it to you, regardless of where they got the gun or whether you paid an out-of-state dealer.

ok im going to beat the dead horse for a second here. buying in mass 101, the firearm you purchase from the DEALER has to be on two two lists, the approved roster and the AG's. almost anything goes when it comes to FTF, at least in respects to lists. if its in the state its assumed that it can be here, there just needs to be an FA10 involved. now when it comes to buying from out of state it has to be transfered through the FFL and this is where my understanding comes in.

buying from the dealer, it has to be on two lists

however if you buy from out of state, it needs to be on the roster to get into mass, but it dosent say anywhere that it has to meet the AG specs because its not being sold by the FFL that your using to facilitate the transfer. also, since the firearm in question would come from a different state the AG would have no authority over it.

thats my understanding, and ive been reading and re-reading the same law sections for a few years now. Have you guys ever thought of this?

This dog doesn't hunt. You also have serious problems understanding the applicability of the compliance regs.

As far as the state is concerned a dealer sale and a dealer transfer are the same thing for both sets of regulations.

Read this, then get back to us...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...p/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)

-Mike

Wrong. It IS effectively being "sold" (transferred) by the MA FFL, as it is entered in their bound book, and a form 4473 must be completed prior to transfer from them to you.

Last edited:
Wrong. It IS effectively being sold by the MA FFL, as it is entered in their bound book, and a form 4473 must be completed prior to transfer from them to you.

It's not being "sold" but it is still being transferred. The word "transfer" is also specified in the law and regs.

-Mike

I heard this at a NH gun store the second i said i was from mass.. I was not intrested but he felt he had to expain it all out, some reason the whole time i thought i was going to be arrested just walking in the place. the guy had sounded like someone trying to make a drug deal.

i had the creepy feeling of people doing anything to make buck, i left without buying the ammo i went in for and got it at wally world insted.

Back
Top Bottom