A new Sig P365 variant

I don't disagree. As usual, points well made and well spoken. It's not wrong to say that Sig "isn't doing anything earth shattering, though, outside of stuff like the P365 or the MPx." but those two examples carry some significant weight. I really can't think of any other gun makers that have introduced anything as innovative as the two products you mentioned in a pretty long time.
I can't say I blame Glock for their approach. If I was steering that boat I would likely chart the same course. They have a super reliable platform, but they are running out of ways to modify it. People say Glock is like Tupperware, but I think they are more like Rubbermade. You know everything they make will be molded plastic, will preform and last well, and look like shit. But you have no choice but to carry the flag and ride that wave.

I have always believed that if a company isn't moving forward they are dying. Sig is moving. And I really can't think of anyone else that comes close.

The only thing Sig is innovating is quality control issues. The Sig of old was the quality Sig pistol, but things have changed significantly from Sig.
They under bid Glock by $100 million in the militsry contract. We all know what suffers when you go with the lowest bidder. P320 discharge issues.
Now they make optics, ammo...etc etc.. something has to give, and it is. QUALITY.
What's so earth shattering about the 365, it's been plagued with issues? No, I'm not chaging my firing pin every 1000rds just in case, that's insane.
People are taking a back seat on reliability over 10 rounds in a tiny gun, if that isnt backwards I don't know what is.
It's crazy. All the Sig apologizers are out in full force.
You can say anything you want about glock on how it's so ugly, plasticky etc etc. It friggin works and it works damn good, now pushing 40 years.
If your idea of innovation is a gun with no sights then we are in trouble.

Last edited:
I can’t believe changing the firing pin every 1000 rounds is acceptable to anyone.... if that was a Glock that needed a new firing pin every 1000 rounds people would be out of there minds about it, but Sig owners be like “no big deal “ I love my 365 lol sad

The extra rounds don't account for much if I cant shoot it accurately.
Actually, isn't this a bit backwards?
If you can't shoot a gun accurately, then having extra rounds becomes like the most important thing. Haven't you seen any of those videos from when the cops first went from revolvers to their new 17 round semi-autos? They "needed" all them extra rounds to score any hits on the bad guys...

Actually, isn't this a bit backwards?
If you can't shoot a gun accurately, then having extra rounds becomes like the most important thing. Haven't you seen any of those videos from when the cops first went from revolvers to their new 17 round semi-autos? They "needed" all them extra rounds to score any hits on the bad guys...

If my hit percentage is higher on one platform vs the next, then that's what I'm going with, regardless of capacity.
I'm not a cop, I'm carrying for self defense, large capacity for me isnt as crucial. Getting 2 or 3 shots off Is the best case scenario for most conceal carry situations, getting the best odds for those few rounds is the most crucial. I cant prepare for the worst carrying with shorts and a tshirt in summer. Conceal carry is alot more difficult to conceal, I dont have the beauty of a giant police belt or chest rig running down to dunking donuts for a coffee.

If my hit percentage is higher on one platform vs the next, then that's what I'm going with, regardless of capacity.
I'm not a cop, I'm carrying for self defense, large capacity for me isnt as crucial. Getting 2 or 3 shots off Is the best case scenario for most conceal carry situations, getting the best odds for those few rounds is the most crucial. I cant prepare for the worst carrying with shorts and a tshirt in summer. Conceal carry is alot more difficult to conceal, I dont have the beauty of a giant police belt or chest rig running down to dunking donuts for a coffee.

sorry, I forgot to toggle sarcasm mode before my reply to your post above. I actually fully understand (and agree) with what your saying.

I just purchased a P365 SAS. I will chime in on my opinion after I put a couple hundred rounds thru it. So far even before I have shot it, I like it a little more than my P938.

I've got 4-5 rounds through mine....zero issues. I shoot it better than any other small carry gun I own (PM9, 38 Snubby). The trigger and sights work really well and the porting absolutely makes a difference. Just added the Sig Green Laser (Lima) and it makes a great EDC gun even more greater ;-)

Lol. So will this one work?
I see that same Yuuuge slide with disproportionate lower half. Felt majorly top heavy.
I shot a 365 next to a 43. I'll pass on the sig. The grip felt tiny, no support in my palm.

I put 450 rounds through my buds 365 last tuesday (not the SAS model).. He had one of these...
He saw somewhere how to modify it to only hold 10 rounds. That extra 1/2 inch on the bottom of the Mag made all the difference in the world when it came to comfort / grip. I'll be grabbin one with the ambi safety next week. We fed it everything from the Factory SIG 365 rounds all the way down to shit range ammo, never jammed.

Continue to be impressed with my P365 SAS (now with lima green laser). It shoots like a much bigger gun, yet I can still choose to pocket carry it.

The lima makes a great carry gun just stupid good...fast triple taps to center of mass feel effortless.

It's a keeper....all day/every day carry.

Nice job SIG.

What’s the deal with those sights? Can’t say I’ve seen those before. Any good or another gimmick? Purpose?

What’s the deal with those sights? Can’t say I’ve seen those before. Any good or another gimmick? Purpose?

These are like the old “guttersnipe” sights you could get on a few guns. The NAA guardian.32 comes to mind. Not a new concept.

Continue to be impressed with my P365 SAS (now with lima green laser). It shoots like a much bigger gun, yet I can still choose to pocket carry it.

The lima makes a great carry gun just stupid good...fast triple taps to center of mass feel effortless.

It's a keeper....all day/every day carry.

Nice job SIG.

I purchased the SAS for my 365 and love it. I have the green Lima too, and like it, but I could do without it as well.

A little bit of both - one less thing to get snagged as you draw, which if you practiced with your carry weapon wouldn’t be an issue, and a different sight perspective.

Roger. Not familiar with guttersnipe type sights. learned something new. 🤷‍♂️ I’ll stick with my old ones that I’m used to.

Roger. Not familiar with guttersnipe type sights. learned something new. 🤷‍♂️ I’ll stick with my old ones that I’m used to.

I have the standard 365 and have handled the SAS, the sights seem kinda cool but I guess I'm old school and prefer conventional sights. Not sure that I want the one gun I own w/ that type of sight to be my carry gun but I can certainly understand the appeal.

I went back and and forth with that too but decided to try it. I live 10 minutes from my range and work from home, so I can go and practice on my own time.

Back
Top Bottom