A new Sig P365 variant

Lol 850 for a Glock, I know people try to sell them at that price but I did not know people actually pay that lol...

When I see Glocks in the classifieds they're not usually that high unless they have a lot of extras. The premium in Mass seems more like $100, not $200+.

When I see Glocks in the classifieds they're not usually that high unless they have a lot of extras. The premium in Mass seems more like $100, not $200+.
I have seen them. Someone is selling a gen 5 19 and I think it was 850$, which is insane to say the least but 550 $ for a gen 2 is just as crazy lol

View attachment 302166

Maybe it was power of suggestion that swayed his decision ?
I wonder if he's going g43 for comfort and accuracy.

FFS the G43 is no more accurate than the P365, it just isn’t. If you can’t shoot a P365 accurately that’s on you, not the gun. You can go on all you want about how much “comfort” you get out of a fraction of a difference in size of a gun but if the G43 is the only one you’re comfortable shooting (and two people at the range agreed w you) then you need to learn to shoot better. I have a personal preference for the G17 over the M&P 9 full size over the VP9 but I can shoot all three of them accurately. Don’t shit on the 365 because the 43 has become your binkie. I have had a dozen people shoot my 365 at the range, mostly strangers, not one has complained about not being able to shoot the 365 in fact it’s been roundly praised. It’s not the gun it’s the shooter. It’s not the club it’s the golfer.

Bought a 365, nice grip, great sights, but for me, accuracy needs to improve. I had my friend try it, he put 3 rds through the same hole from 7 yds. I couldn't do it.
Put 150- 180 rds through, not a hiccup, runs flawlessly. Is it a great gun? I think so.
The big advantage I see is the carry profile versus the G26. It feels much lighter and carries much smaller than the G26. I can see why so any buy it.
I still posted it for sale here.

FFS the G43 is no more accurate than the P365, it just isn’t. If you can’t shoot a P365 accurately that’s on you, not the gun. You can go on all you want about how much “comfort” you get out of a fraction of a difference in size of a gun but if the G43 is the only one you’re comfortable shooting (and two people at the range agreed w you) then you need to learn to shoot better. I have a personal preference for the G17 over the M&P 9 full size over the VP9 but I can shoot all three of them accurately. Don’t shit on the 365 because the 43 has become your binkie. I have had a dozen people shoot my 365 at the range, mostly strangers, not one has complained about not being able to shoot the 365 in fact it’s been roundly praised. It’s not the gun it’s the shooter. It’s not the club it’s the golfer.

Never said the g43 is more accurate. In fact it's not.
But I'm more accurate with the 43 than the 365. I'm gonna keep what I'm comfortable with, it's that simple.
The 365 isnt some magical pistol where I NEED to learn to love it, it's just not comfortable, and I'm not the only one. Everyone gets so wet over the 365, bunch of sig fanboys cant handle that someone might not like it.
So therefore I will keep my binky.

Bought a 365, nice grip, great sights, but for me, accuracy needs to improve. I had my friend try it, he put 3 rds through the same hole from 7 yds. I couldn't do it.
Put 150- 180 rds through, not a hiccup, runs flawlessly. Is it a great gun? I think so.
The big advantage I see is the carry profile versus the G26. It feels much lighter and carries much smaller than the G26. I can see why so any buy it.
I still posted it for sale here.

Your best bet may be the g43, I shoot it much better and it's closer in size to the 365 than the g26. Plus the g43 you can fully trust operationally.

I guess I am your polar opposite when it comes to handguns. I have tried so hard to love glocks. I just can not. I hate everything about them. Grip angle, trigger, feel in my hand.
I totally respect the platform, recognize the well deserved reputation and understand the brand loyalty. But I love Sigs. I have big hands and they just feel right to me, and I shoot them very well. I carried a 229 in 40 for a decade because the only other gun I liked was a 1911.

But I get it. Some people love Glocks. It's ok to be wrong.[laugh][cheers]

My first handgun was a Glock. Thought out long and hard of availability, parts, etc., So I'm not sure if I'd hate them if I didn't start with them, but they affect how I shoot and point anything else.

F'rinstance, I've got a Polymer80. It's a Glock. . . . but without the palmswell on the back. So it angles like. . . . a 1911. When I naturally point it, it ends up high. Comfy, but high. I'm too invested in Glocks to NOT have Glocks. And I don't hate them.

The thing with the Glock vs Sig is, SIG is innovating. Glock is basing all their guns on the same blueprint, so yeah, they don't have as much bugs to fix as SIG with brand new designs. Glock's idea of innovation is to take an existing slide and to put it on a slightly modified already existing frame, and to come up with an arbitrary number for a name. Their last real innovation was the .45 GAP. That was what? 10-12 years ago? I can appreciate a company that does quite a bit of R+D. Let me know when Glock comes out with their own line of suppressors, optics, or starts making squad weapons for .mil, or anything military for that matter. They're reliable, no doubt. I own a 17 with an RMR and a 26 (which doesn't feed a single round out of a Magpul magazine, btw). But they're not the bee's knees, and they're uglier than Hillary Clinton before her make up.

They don't make 42 different varieties of gun, they make 42 varieties of the SAME gun. No steel. No aruminummm. Just the same polymer frame they've made for 40 or so years. Sig is "innovative" because they made a couple of polymer guns after making steel/aluminum guns. OK, so if I skipped that step, I can get a pass? They they make 1911's and other Colt designs. If I skip that, can I get a pass? Then Sig makes a tiny gun. Glock already had a tiny gun or seven. THEN Sig innovates. . . . the magazine. OK, that's a good one. So Glock has to innovate a magazine and it's still in teh same ballpark outside of steel-gun guys and 1911 guys.

But yeah, they are butt-ugly. That's their thing. Sameness and ugly. LOL

FWIW - how many shovels and field knives has Sig made, huh? LOL

No one-handed slide manipulations and it requires tools for field stripping? Is that funky uni-sight worth it? Never used one. Is it comparable to a red dot?

No one-handed slide manipulations and it requires tools for field stripping? Is that funky uni-sight worth it? Never used one. Is it comparable to a red dot?

I don’t think you can compare it to a red dot. It’s fixed, not adjustable; not battery (or other ) operated, is not a separate device that can be transferred on to various other arms.

That’s just my opinion though.

The size of the grip. Same as a G19, so .... but we'll see

I have a G19 and G43X. While the length may be the same, the G19 feels fat in my hand, while the G43X feels nearly perfect.

The longer grip is certainly harder to conceal but it's worth it for 4 more rounds and much better feel in the hand.

I have a G19 and G43X. While the length may be the same, the G19 feels fat in my hand, while the G43X feels nearly perfect.

The longer grip is certainly harder to conceal but it's worth it for 4 more rounds and much better feel in the hand.
Thanks for that. I will be stopping at KTP next Thursday and I will check out the 43X

the other factor is this, my G26 is fatter but shorter on the grip and for the weight factor, I think the 43X is about thew same as a G26. I love the G26.

I picked up some ammo the other week, and handled a 365 at the shop. I could feel my credit card start to tingle. Almost bought one.

Meh... strapped on my old G27, which I hadnt for a while. Unless I lose 15 lbs or so, I still have plenty of "concealement"
Seen a few steel poppers at the range have a 9mm bounce right off. .40 or .45 lays em right down even off center, lol. So theres that.

Anyway, I would like to give one a try, before I decide. These threads are fun. Havent bought a new gun in while.

Last edited:
It's not like Glock has never had a gun returned.

Everyone has duds and I have had a couple of Glocks that didn't work right, but they made good on it, and in one case I didn't even have to
ship the gun back. A glock rep fixed my gun for free and gave me a free mag for my trouble. Glock DID go through a period of malaise a few
years ago but if I was going to bet money, right now as it stands their box-fail rate is much, much lower than Smiths or Sig's is right now.
(eg, the number of guns out of box that fail and don't work correctly. Glock went through a window of shit a few years ago where they had pumped out some junk,
but it's nothing like the post-sandy-hook BS we've seen out of some others, like Smith and Sig have still been in a sort of malaise. Pre Obama bad guns from any of these
brands were nearly unheard of, but it's pretty obvious things have changed.

The thing with the Glock vs Sig is, SIG is innovating. Glock is basing all their guns on the same blueprint, so yeah, they don't have as much bugs to fix as SIG with brand new designs. Glock's idea of innovation is to take an existing slide and to put it on a slightly modified already existing frame, and to come up with an arbitrary number for a name. Their last real innovation was the .45 GAP. That was what? 10-12 years ago?

I can appreciate a company that does quite a bit of R+D. Let me know when Glock comes out with their own line of suppressors, optics, or starts making squad weapons for .mil, or anything military for that matter.

Does any of that actually matter? The fact that Glock "doesn't innovate much" doesn't really bother me. "Having guns that work" is enough.

Further, A lot of that stuff you mentioned is all bling from the cohen crapber dog and pony show, marketing, rebranding, etc. Do you really think Sig makes their own
optics? f*** no- they rebadge stuff that comes from some company they subbed it out to. Their can designs are probably licensed from someone else (or at best, a ripoff of some common design) etc. They have a few guns in their own class. Everything else? Already done by industry in 6 different ways. I will concede that
their marketing strategy is brilliant though, much like Crapbers. Crapber is sought after by many because those guns are everywhere and their ads are
everywhere. Their marketing is very innovative. But 90% of the rest of the stuff they make, you're acting like its red jacket arms and "aint never been done
befoah" but that simply isn't reality. They have a cool PCC and one pistol (the 365) that are pretty innovative. The rest of the stuff they make has plenty of
competition, and is sometimes done better by others.

Hell I have a Legion and I like the thing (I might even by another someday) but it's pretty obvious they're still suffering from QC/QA flinting from Cohen AIDS. Look at how long it took them to unf*** the P365, as well as the entire P320 recall debacle. (I have two of those stupid guns too, although if I had to use them, they DO work).

You know what? If sig wants to impress people, maybe they should start empowering their armorers a bit better. I can get glock handgun parts from 3 different places within an hour of where I'm sitting, probably everything except for the frame. The same cannot be said for Sig.

-Mike

I agree with this- Anyone making accuracy claims about either gun is retarded, if a P365 or a 43 is in working order and otherwise not f***ed up, they're both going to be "good enough" in terms of accuracy.

-Mike

They have a cool PCC and one pistol (the 365) that are pretty innovative. The rest of the stuff they make has plenty of
competition, and is sometimes done better by others.

I would have to disagree with this. The P210 was/is really in a class of it's own when it was introduced. The 220 was a huge improvement in the semi auto market and was a drop dead reliable, serious side arm that was really a game changer for people that didn't trust semi's and clung to revolvers because of their dependability. The same is true of the 225/228/226.
There rifles have long been recognized as some of the best in the world, and the introduction of a line of airsoft products that offer the same nomenclature and trigger pulls etc of their center fire products, for training, is brilliant.
Sig does farm out some of the optics, but suppressors they make themselves and were recently given a contract for military use. And we all know they are now making their own line of ammo.

There is no one in the industry that offers such a wide variety of products. When you actually see a current list of all they offer it is pretty impressive, and most of them are of above average quality. Past and present, 550- 556-716-516-MCX -MPX and on and on. P series pistols, 1911's, full size to ultra compact handguns, ammo, optics, supressors etc. And lets not forget training, education and research.
Like I said, the folks at Sig are not sitting still. There are some great gun makers out there. CZ, Glock, H&K, S&W, but I think Sig leads the pack. Is every product tops in it's class? No. But they are usually contenders.
There are a few decent 9mm subcompact/ micro pistols XDS, G43, PPS, 938, PM9, LC9 etc. There is only one that is 10+1

SIG Sauer - Wikipedia.
Product list at bottom.

Just a random observation. But the same can be done with the P365 and P365 Max or whatever its called.

Not in Mass unfortunately. The XL frame only works with 12 round mags.

And while the P365 has extended mags that are equivalent to a G43X (longer grip) those are also 12 round only. You can buy 3rd party mag extensions but they get mixed reviews.

I would have to disagree with this. The P210 was/is really in a class of it's own when it was introduced. The 220 was a huge improvement in the semi auto market and was a drop dead reliable, serious side arm that was really a game changer for people that didn't trust semi's and clung to revolvers because of their dependability. The same is true of the 225/228/226.
There rifles have long been recognized as some of the best in the world, and the introduction of a line of airsoft products that offer the same nomenclature and trigger pulls etc of their center fire products, for training, is brilliant.
Sig does farm out some of the optics, but suppressors they make themselves and were recently given a contract for military use. And we all know they are now making their own line of ammo.

There is no one in the industry that offers such a wide variety of products. When you actually see a current list of all they offer it is pretty impressive, and most of them are of above average quality. Past and present, 550- 556-716-516-MCX -MPX and on and on. P series pistols, 1911's, full size to ultra compact handguns, ammo, optics, supressors etc. And lets not forget training, education and research.
Like I said, the folks at Sig are not sitting still. There are some great gun makers out there. CZ, Glock, H&K, S&W, but I think Sig leads the pack. Is every product tops in it's class? No. But they are usually contenders.
There are a few decent 9mm subcompact/ micro pistols XDS, G43, PPS, 938, PM9, LC9 etc. There is only one that is 10+1

SIG Sauer - Wikipedia.
Product list at bottom.

I agree, although the G43X is 10+1, and is about the size of the 12 round P365. Still subcompact.

Without Sig there'd be no G43X that's for sure.

Not in Mass unfortunately. The XL frame only works with 12 round mags.

And while the P365 has extended mags that are equivalent to a G43X (longer grip) those are also 12 round only. You can buy 3rd party mag extensions but they get mixed reviews.

Aren’t the factory Sig baseplates a bear to get off too? Or is that only for their MPX/MCX line?

Perhaps I worded my post wrongly- when I meant innovative- I meant now. Glock isn't very innovative, either, by making guns they should have made 10 years ago. Sig isn't doing anything earth shattering, though, outside of stuff like the P365 or the MPx. The stuff they did 30 years ago, great, fine, that was then. Sig has some standout products but nothing earth shattering, and their lack of QC is kind of disturbing, although it HAS gotten better in the past decade, but still can be somewhat lacking. It's not the same company in that regard as it was back in the day. Even in the early 2000s you could buy a Sig and getting a f***ed up gun was an anomaly, and over time it has become less so. And before that, even standard P series pistols were considered on par with companies like HK, etc... but I don't think they're playing in that wheelhouse anymore. They've schloqued out in a lot of ways, much like Krapber, Smith, and likely some others.

I'll probably buy more Sig products, maybe even a 365 eventually. But most of their stuff I just kinda shake my head at and go "meh, whatever". I do like the fact that they actually had the balls to start making ammo, and depending on where you find it, it can be at a reasonable price. Their 10mm practice ammo is actually loaded much hotter than most, too, which is a pleasant surprise.

ETA: I am kinda pissed though that when I bought my Legion the "Cigar Ashtray" option disappeared from the legion club site, though.... I think Canndo managed to snag one of those, though.... it was nice, made out of a chunk of aluminum or something. I wanted to be able to say I had a $1200 ashtray. [rofl]

-Mike

Perhaps I worded my post wrongly- when I meant innovative- I meant now. Glock isn't very innovative, either, by making guns they should have made 10 years ago. Sig isn't doing anything earth shattering, though, outside of stuff like the P365 or the MPx. The stuff they did 30 years ago, great, fine, that was then. Sig has some standout products but nothing earth shattering, and their lack of QC is kind of disturbing, although it HAS gotten better in the past decade, but still can be somewhat lacking. It's not the same company in that regard as it was back in the day. Even in the early 2000s you could buy a Sig and getting a f***ed up gun was an anomaly, and over time it has become less so. And before that, even standard P series pistols were considered on par with companies like HK, etc... but I don't think they're playing in that wheelhouse anymore. They've schloqued out in a lot of ways, much like Krapber, Smith, and likely some others.

I'll probably buy more Sig products, maybe even a 365 eventually. But most of their stuff I just kinda shake my head at and go "meh, whatever". I do like the fact that they actually had the balls to start making ammo, and depending on where you find it, it can be at a reasonable price. Their 10mm practice ammo is actually loaded much hotter than most, too, which is a pleasant surprise.

ETA: I am kinda pissed though that when I bought my Legion the "Cigar Ashtray" option disappeared from the legion club site, though.... I think Canndo managed to snag one of those, though.... it was nice, made out of a chunk of aluminum or something. I wanted to be able to say I had a $1200 ashtray. [rofl]

-Mike

I don't disagree. As usual, points well made and well spoken. It's not wrong to say that Sig "isn't doing anything earth shattering, though, outside of stuff like the P365 or the MPx." but those two examples carry some significant weight. I really can't think of any other gun makers that have introduced anything as innovative as the two products you mentioned in a pretty long time.
I can't say I blame Glock for their approach. If I was steering that boat I would likely chart the same course. They have a super reliable platform, but they are running out of ways to modify it. People say Glock is like Tupperware, but I think they are more like Rubbermade. You know everything they make will be molded plastic, will preform and last well, and look like shit. But you have no choice but to carry the flag and ride that wave.

I have always believed that if a company isn't moving forward they are dying. Sig is moving. And I really can't think of anyone else that comes close.

Back
Top Bottom