A new Sig P365 variant

This, plus if your pulling from a holster then what are you snagging on.

The extra rounds don't account for much if I cant shoot it accurately.

Remember, when you need it, chances are that anything that could go wrong, will go wrong.

Your holster is under your t-shirt. The sight could get caught on something. Just like you could accidentally hit the mag release.

As far as the extra rounds ... plenty of people can shoot accurately, but when you are in a high stress situation, walking, your heart is going, you better have those extra rounds. Unless you are Keanu Reeves in a movie where you just hit everyone in the head with the first shot.

Remember, when you need it, chances are that anything that could go wrong, will go wrong.

Your holster is under your t-shirt. The sight could get caught on something. Just like you could accidentally hit the mag release.

As far as the extra rounds ... plenty of people can shoot accurately, but when you are in a high stress situation, walking, your heart is going, you better have those extra rounds. Unless you are Keanu Reeves in a movie where you just hit everyone in the head with the first shot.

The extra rounds also give you more tactical options like suppressive fire, recon by fire etc.

Oh of course, I'd never disagree with that. But let's be real here, the 365 is no slouch on its own.

And I agree the 365 had some issues, even though Sig never acknowledged it was wide spread, but for shits and giggles I entered "Glock recall" into my search bar and nearly fell off my chair.
And every review I have seen about gen 5 -G19's says you need to sand it down in a couple of spots to keep it from wearing a hole in your hand.

I guess I am your polar opposite when it comes to handguns. I have tried so hard to love glocks. I just can not. I hate everything about them. Grip angle, trigger, feel in my hand.
I totally respect the platform, recognize the well deserved reputation and understand the brand loyalty. But I love Sigs. I have big hands and they just feel right to me, and I shoot them very well. I carried a 229 in 40 for a decade because the only other gun I liked was a 1911.

But I get it. Some people love Glocks. It's ok to be wrong.[laugh][cheers]

And I agree the 365 had some issues, even though Sig never acknowledged it was wide spread, but for shits and giggles I entered "Glock recall" into my search bar and nearly fell off my chair.
And every review I have seen about gen 5 -G19's says you need to sand it down in a couple of spots to keep it from wearing a hole in your hand.

I guess I am your polar opposite when it comes to handguns. I have tried so hard to love glocks. I just can not. I hate everything about them. Grip angle, trigger, feel in my hand.
I totally respect the platform, recognize the well deserved reputation and understand the brand loyalty. But I love Sigs. I have big hands and they just feel right to me, and I shoot them very well. I carried a 229 in 40 for a decade because the only other gun I liked was a 1911.

But I get it. Some people love Glocks. It's ok to be wrong.[laugh][cheers]

I expressed my personal opinion, and 2 others personal opinion that shot the same guns side by side, and apparently I'm wrong about my own opinion, so i feel your pain...lol
But thats expected here on NES.

Well i feel wrong for liking Glocks here, im a glock fan boy for liking a gun that operates and is very comfortable for me.
I call this a 365 fanboy club due to everyone making excuses for Sigs quality issues as of late.
For me i still have all Gen3 glocks, other than the 43 of course. I just dont feel its necassary to have the latest and greatest of the same gun, so gen 4 or 5 issues are meaningless to me. And having to sand down polymer is stupid and a dumb Glock mistake, but im sure it wont break a firing pin.
Maybe Sig should fix some issues first before pumping out all these models of the 365?

I expressed my personal opinion, and 2 others personal opinion that shot the same guns side by side, and apparently I'm wrong about my own opinion

You are not at all wrong, it was obviously just a joke. Hence the laughing emoji. You like what you like, and a ton of people agree with you. However, taking two people to the range that are friends or relatives, and finding that they share your opinion, is at the very least, likely to be influenced by the power of suggestion.
Glock is probably the most popular handgun in the world. There is no denying that. More people agree with you, than me, by far, including my hero Hickok45. I wish I liked them but I don't. But you are 100% correct. More people share your opinion than mine, and Glock sets the gold standard for reliability. Only a fool would not concede those points. Yet S&W, Springfield, Ruger etc, still sell a few guns.

For starters I think Sig sucks as a company. CS and quality control sucks ass. I paid stupid money for a P232s with a slide release so sharp it drew blood. I had to fight tooth and nail to get stainless mags to match the gun. But I think they got it right with P365.

When I bought my Glock 27 gen4 of Austrian manufacture one of the first things I found was the teflon striker guide was wrinkled upon installation. A lesser man would have returned that shit. So Glock is not without its own quality control issues. Even though the design is epic for the DIY home armorer. Glocks are awesome but come with a garbage trigger. Even in free states.

I have not shot a G43 so cannot comment of recoil. But the P365 blows my mind in its softness. I like 147 grain stuff the best. The lighter and +P stuff has a snappier feel but totally managable. And talk about concealable... My wife never takes hers off.

Is a ported barrel effectively shortening your barrel? I would think you'd lose some muzzle velocity.

Would be cool if they offer some variants, like embedded sights without the ported barrel. Kind of like Glock with the mag cutout and finger grooves, they sell every combination, lol.

You are not at all wrong, it was obviously just a joke. Hence the laughing emoji. You like what you like, and a ton of people agree with you. However, taking two people to the range that are friends or relatives, and finding that they share your opinion, is at the very least, likely to be influenced by the power of suggestion.
Glock is probably the most popular handgun in the world. There is no denying that. More people agree with you, than me, by far, including my hero Hickok45. I wish I liked them but I don't. But you are 100% correct. More people share your opinion than mine, and Glock sets the gold standard for reliability. Only a fool would not concede those points. Yet S&W, Springfield, Ruger etc, still sell a few guns.

Power of suggestion? Wow. Now your really digging deep.
Sig fan boy of epic proportions.
See, I think it's fine you dont like glocks. I'm not suggesting you should like it or are crazy for not liking them. To each their own.
I suggested nothing. In fact, one of them I've never shot at the range with before.
They are 2 cousins i see once a year, maybe at Christmas. The marine I've shot with maybe 3 times in the past 5 years. I have never influenced a purchase. They called me said they wanted to shoot a new gun, (365). They had no idea i was going to bring the 43. I brought it. Laid it out on the table with ammo and we all shot them. We all didnt shoot the 365 very well.
My newb cousin who just bought the 365 was commenting on how the 43 felt better to him. I said the g43 grip felt better due to the bump in the rear of the grip. All of us literally holding them side by side shooting and not shooting, figuring out what it was that made the glock feel more secure in our hands.
The giant slide on the sig also made it feel top heavy.
The new guy who just spent $500 on a 365 left the range wanting a 43.
He shot it. He felt what he felt.
I'm sorry it wasnt a hit. Again. Im sorry you dont agree with our opinion.

Last edited:
I owned a 365, did not like how it felt in hand, also did not feel good about reliability, i went with a 43X and never looked back, and I get it some people claim to have 1000’s of rounds threw there 365’s with out issue, and if that’s true then, I am happy for you... but I am all set with it. Grip and how it feels is all opinion and everyone has one. But what I think is funny is that (nick fury) says “Dude says here try this... It’s being sent back but see how it feels. Hands her a P365. She is like OMG I love it! I can rack it and feels perfect! Why didn’t you tell me about this? I held it and equally amazed.” Lol why is it being sent back ? It’s like that hank strange video where the 365 is having failure after failure and he completely ignores it lol so it’s ok if it feels amazing but who cares that it’s being sent back already. why do most people ignore sigs quality control issues ?

Last edited:
Dude knows why it was being sent back. Dude also said the issue seems to not be fully resolved. Dude does not put much weight into thumb releasing the slide so the issue is not great.

So put that bold shit on your pipe and smoke it.

Dude knows why it was being sent back. Dude also said the issue seems to not be fully resolved. Dude does not put much weight into thumb releasing the slide so the issue is not great.

Lol ok settle down tough guy, I just quoted what you said, so sensitive

I just did a quick side by side comparison of the P365 vs the G43, the P365 is smaller in all measurements and holds four more rounds standard. If I was shopping between the two I'd be hard pressed to choose the Glock because I just don't see any compelling benefit that would cause me to give up the capacity difference. It's a micro carry gun, I can learn to shoot either gun equally given their modest difference in size/grip/trigger. I have handled the 43 but not shot it but unless Glock is giving free lapdances, there isn't enough "shootability" in the world to make me consider the 43 over the 365. Would I buy a 365 if I already had a 43 and liked it? Probably not.

I just did a quick side by side comparison of the P365 vs the G43, the P365 is smaller in all measurements and holds four more rounds standard. If I was shopping between the two I'd be hard pressed to choose the Glock because I just don't see any compelling benefit that would cause me to give up the capacity difference. It's a micro carry gun, I can learn to shoot either gun equally given their modest difference in size/grip/trigger. I have handled the 43 but not shot it but unless Glock is giving free lapdances, there isn't enough "shootability" in the world to make me consider the 43 over the 365. Would I buy a 365 if I already had a 43 and liked it? Probably not.

Ya, I couldnt justify buying a gun that's uncomfortable for 4 more rounds. Im not hung up on capacity like I use to be. The smaller you go the harder it is to shoot, That was my issue, it was not comfortable for me, and it showed on the target. Why force myself to accurately shoot a gun when I can all ready shoot the g43 naturally better. Glock frames just fit my hand well. They fill my palm unlike the 365, it's just missing that grip bump.

The g43 is slim enough to where it doesnt bother me, and the 365 is only .02 slimmer. No way that's noticable in a kydex holster. Slimness is where it really counts, and I'm also not worried about printing. I have a taran tactical.+1 which adds no size, And a plus 3.
So like I said. 2 other also didnt like the feel, both have larger hands. One of them has massive hands.

The thing with the Glock vs Sig is, SIG is innovating. Glock is basing all their guns on the same blueprint, so yeah, they don't have as much bugs to fix as SIG with brand new designs. Glock's idea of innovation is to take an existing slide and to put it on a slightly modified already existing frame, and to come up with an arbitrary number for a name. Their last real innovation was the .45 GAP. That was what? 10-12 years ago? I can appreciate a company that does quite a bit of R+D. Let me know when Glock comes out with their own line of suppressors, optics, or starts making squad weapons for .mil, or anything military for that matter. They're reliable, no doubt. I own a 17 with an RMR and a 26 (which doesn't feed a single round out of a Magpul magazine, btw). But they're not the bee's knees, and they're uglier than Hillary Clinton before her make up.

The thing with the Glock vs Sig is, SIG is innovating. Glock is basing all their guns on the same blueprint, so yeah, they don't have as much bugs to fix as SIG with brand new designs. Glock's idea of innovation is to take an existing slide and to put it on a slightly modified already existing frame, and to come up with an arbitrary number for a name. Their last real innovation was the .45 GAP. That was what? 10-12 years ago? I can appreciate a company that does quite a bit of R+D. Let me know when Glock comes out with their own line of suppressors, optics, or starts making squad weapons for .mil, or anything military for that matter. They're reliable, no doubt. I own a 17 with an RMR and a 26 (which doesn't feed a single round out of a Magpul magazine, btw). But they're not the bee's knees, and they're uglier than Hillary Clinton before her make up.

Innovation is meaningless if its shrouded in quality control issues. The more products a company poops out, as fast as they can, is a recipe for quality control issues, and thats sigs M.O. right now.
I could careless if Glock couldn't innovate to save their own lives, it works, and that's it.
Glock didn't build their pistol around a Magpul mag, call Magpul if your having issues with mag function, or just keep buying those uber expensive Glock mags that are as common as tupperware. Or buy a p365 and spend $35 for a mag instead of $25 for a Glock mag
Literally any new pistol is measured against a Glock, id say its the bee's knees.
Its funny, whenever a company tries to come up with innovative products for the AR15, its instantly shot down by the NES commandos, even if it works. If it doesn't work, forget about it.

The 43X is a better competitor. It fits my hand better and is about the same size as a P365 w/ extended mag. Since those aren't legal in Mass, the 43X is a better option for me right now. Prefer the Sig trigger though.

The 43X is a better competitor. It fits my hand better and is about the same size as a P365 w/ extended mag. Since those aren't legal in Mass, the 43X is a better option for me right now. Prefer the Sig trigger though.

And isn’t that what this all boils down to? What works for one person isn’t going to work for another person or everyone else. Except air and water...

It’s funny, you sound like you are blaming Glock for the magpul mags not working... that’s pretty funny. I guess 25 $ for a Glock mag is too much for you ? lol

Screenshot_20190909-173242_Chrome.jpg

Maybe it was power of suggestion that swayed his decision ?
I wonder if he's going g43 for comfort and accuracy.

Last edited:
This, plus if your pulling from a holster then what are you snagging on. Maybe from a pocket I get it to a point, but not to the point of removing the sites.

When you want to love something, nothing will make you hate it.

I had 2 people at the range who never shot either gun, All related to me and all have relatively big hands. One a marine, one a total newb and one (mediocre) me.
The 43 was mine and the 365 was the newbs gun. We all shot the 43 best, we all agreed that the g43 grip filled our hands better and just felt more ergonomic.
Before that day I've never shot a 365. I was curious to see the differences. Comfort is 100% subjective, but reliability and quality control are not.
The quality control is my main issue with sig lately. And that does make me snark at it, But if it blew my mind and made me shoot much better and feel much better, I may be able to ignore it's short comings. But it just wasnt comfortable, not my bag.
Oh, and the newb said hes gonna give the 365 to his wife and buy a 43.
The extra rounds don't account for much if I cant shoot it accurately.

This is why variety is good.

I've been a Glock bigot for 20 years. But to me the 365 is far superior to the 43. Good enough that its replacing both my 43 and my 26.

The dude abides

"Maybe it was power of suggestion that swayed his decision ?
I wonder if he's going g43 for comfort and accuracy."

GMAFB - want me to post all the Glock ads? For $850? I am glad you like your Glock.
Google G43 problems. There are just as many complaints and issues. We ALL get it. You like your Glock. You drank the Kool-aid.
And I am sure you brought your Glock to the range and set it silently on the bench and didn't say a word. Bullshit. Total bull shit.

But. I am wondering. what's wrong with you dude? I agreed with you seven times in the post you quoted. Seven times. Bolded below. Talk about beating a dead horse.

"Maybe it was power of suggestion that swayed his decision ?
I wonder if he's going g43 for comfort and accuracy."

GMAFB - want me to post all the Glock ads? For $850? I am glad you like your Glock.
Google G43 problems. There are just as many complaints and issues. We ALL get it. You like your Glock. You drank the Kool-aid.
And I am sure you brought your Glock to the range and set it silently on the bench and didn't say a word. Bullshit. Total bull shit.

But. I am wondering. what's wrong with you dude? I agreed with you seven times in the post you quoted. Seven times. Bolded below. Talk about beating a dead horse.
Lol who’s paying 850 $ for a Glock ?

For someone whos supposedly agreeing with me, you seem real angry about the out come of my range trip, and some random guys 200 round gaunlet here in the classifieds? No, i didn't tell him to write that...lol.
Your agreeing to the obvious aspects of the conversation, like how great Glock is...obviously. But you haven't accepted that 3 people, and now 4 (Random Seller) don't feel that the 365 is comfortable and accurate for THEMSELVES.
And i'm not sure what id suggest when i had never held or shot the 365 before that day, and the other 2 had never held or shot either of them before that day. Im not at that point to tell him he bought a shitty gun, thats not my relationship with my relatives i see MAYBE once or twice a year.
So you can assume all you want, but im certainly not the only one who feels the same way about the 365, as far as comfort level.
Comfort is 100% subjective, so i'm not sure why your calling bullshit on a completely subjective outcome?

And i'm glad you posted that ammo accuracy comparison, cuz i happen to use that exact same federal ammo in my g43...lol
I also don't care if the p365 can shoot a 1/4" at 1000 yards, im not accurate with it. You could put the best ammo in the p365 and the worst in the g43 and ill shoot the 43 better, i am in no way as accurate as either gun.
The p365 isnt for me, my 2 cousins or Mr random seller...lol

And i paid about $420 for my 43, brand new out the door.

Oh, and the g43 is literally FBI approved for personal carry for agents. Words from another cousin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom