A new Sig P365 variant

Lol. So will this one work?
I see that same Yuuuge slide with disproportionate lower half. Felt majorly top heavy.
I shot a 365 next to a 43. I'll pass on the sig. The grip felt tiny, no support in my palm.

Of course. A month after I buy one. I like it- the porting and all-in-one sight "may" help with accuracy but I cant recall ever getting the front sight post or frame controls snagged on something. Also, is that a screw-out take down lever? Wtf?

Btw, I have 500rds through mine with only one failure to eject at about 100rds. It was a buffalo bore FN lead cartridge - round fired and the extractor pulled the casing out but crushed/slipped off the rim while doing so which caused a double feed. Im blaming the round.

@buckfarack convinced me to go try one. I might end up buying one. But...

...What worries me is the mag release. I am still carrying an older PPS, the one with the trigger guard mag release. Almost impossible to push that while drawing the gun.

That mag release is the only thing holding me back.

The sights on this nine look interesting.

Last edited:
Also, is that a screw-out take down lever? Wtf?

It looks like they have all but eliminated the slide release. I’d wager they opted to eliminate the takedown lever to prevent throwing that instead.

I gotta say the slide release kinda sucks on this pistol. It does not easily let go and I even held one that was being sent back for it. Really had to fuss with the slide to get it to disengage. Looking at this new variant fixing that was not an option...

Lol. So will this one work?
I see that same Yuuuge slide with disproportionate lower half. Felt majorly top heavy.
I shot a 365 next to a 43. I'll pass on the sig. The grip felt tiny, no support in my palm.

When you want to hate something, nothing will make you like it.

My wife held my Glock 27 and thought it felt great. So I bring her to shop planning to steer her toward the 43 or similar sized M&P. We hold em, rack em, dry fire them, only to find nothing says buy me. Dude says here try this... It’s being sent back but see how it feels. Hands her a P365. She is like OMG I love it! I can rack it and feels perfect! Why didn’t you tell me about this? I held it and equally amazed.

With all the fanboi love and internet hate I never even considered it. Fast forward a few months when I was able nab her a safety model and was finally able to shoot it I was even more surprised. Low super controllable recoil. Feels great even in my xl hands. Stupid small and concealable. Super accurate. Lots of holster options even.

I fully see myself getting one in the future. I just can’t justify it presently with all the other irons I have in the fire...

I'm sure all the ported barrel naysayers will now hop on the ported barrel bandwagon.

There's no front sight to get dirty at least.

Innovation is good, speaking of the sights. But I don't feel like it was a problem needing fixing. Give us 10 round extended mags.

I don't know about you guys but I've never had a SEVERE snag on any of my draws. Also, I hate plastic guns so Ima-pass on this just like the P365 and the XL. Ugly also....

I don't know about you guys but I've never had a SEVERE snag on any of my draws. Also, I hate plastic guns so Ima-pass on this just like the P365 and the XL. Ugly also....

This, plus if your pulling from a holster then what are you snagging on. Maybe from a pocket I get it to a point, but not to the point of removing the sites.

My wife held my Glock 27 and thought it felt great. So I bring her to shop planning to steer her toward the 43 or similar sized M&P. We hold em, rack em, dry fire them, only to find nothing says buy me. Dude says here try this... It’s being sent back but see how it feels. Hands her a P365. She is like OMG I love it! I can rack it and feels perfect! Why didn’t you tell me about this? I held it and equally amazed.

With all the fanboi love and internet hate I never even considered it. Fast forward a few months when I was able nab her a safety model and was finally able to shoot it I was even more surprised. Low super controllable recoil. Feels great even in my xl hands. Stupid small and concealable. Super accurate. Lots of holster options even.

I fully see myself getting one in the future. I just can’t justify it presently with all the other irons I have in the fire...

When you want to love something, nothing will make you hate it.

I had 2 people at the range who never shot either gun, All related to me and all have relatively big hands. One a marine, one a total newb and one (mediocre) me.
The 43 was mine and the 365 was the newbs gun. We all shot the 43 best, we all agreed that the g43 grip filled our hands better and just felt more ergonomic.
Before that day I've never shot a 365. I was curious to see the differences. Comfort is 100% subjective, but reliability and quality control are not.
The quality control is my main issue with sig lately. And that does make me snark at it, But if it blew my mind and made me shoot much better and feel much better, I may be able to ignore it's short comings. But it just wasnt comfortable, not my bag.
Oh, and the newb said hes gonna give the 365 to his wife and buy a 43.
The extra rounds don't account for much if I cant shoot it accurately.

Clearly you only read what you wanted to out of my post. I was not in love or interested in the P365 before holding it. I had dismissed it totally.

You have been shitting on the P365 from the beginning. Your posting is some of what I refer to. My post was describing a more unbiased experience. That ended up quite positive.

Carry on with your highly subjective opinions...

Clearly you only read what you wanted to out of my post. I was not in love or interested in the P365 before holding it. I had dismissed it totally.

You have been shitting on the P365 from the beginning. Your posting is some of what I refer to. My post was describing a more unbiased experience. That ended up quite positive.

Carry on with your highly subjective opinions...
I gave 2 unbiased opinions of both, neither one of them knew about sigs quality issues and never even mentioned it to them, they arent that into guns to know about these things. Perhaps you ignored that part of my post?
We can argue about comfort all day. Comfort is subjective.
Admittedly. We all werent to good at shooting the 365.
I'd have to blame that on the uncomfortable grip for our relatively big hands

Last edited:
@buckfarack convinced me to go try one. I might end up buying one. But...

...What worries me is the mag release. I am still carrying an older PPS, the one with the trigger guard mag release. Almost impossible to push that while drawing the gun.

That mag release is the only thing holding me back.

The sights on this nine look interesting.

Same...shot my firend's P365 and while I loved that the Sig was a touch smaller and lighter, I did manage to hit the mag release while firing the gun. That was an unpleasant surprise partway through a magazine.

I still prefer my Walther PPS (Classic or M1) and its paddle magazine release over the P365

So a 365 is being sent back to Sig... hahahahaha I am not surprised, quality control issues still

This, plus if your pulling from a holster then what are you snagging on. Maybe from a pocket I get it to a point, but not to the point of removing the sites.

I had 2 people at the range who never shot either gun, All related to me and all have relatively big hands. One a marine, one a total newb and one (mediocre) me.
The 43 was mine and the 365 was the newbs gun. We all shot the 43 best, we all agreed that the g43 grip filled our hands better and just felt more ergonomic.
Before that day I've never shot a 365. I was curious to see the differences. Comfort is 100% subjective, but reliability and quality control are not.
The quality control is my main issue with sig lately. And that does make me snark at it, But if it blew my mind and made me shoot much better and feel much better, I may be able to ignore it's short comings. But it just wasnt comfortable, not my bag.
Oh, and the newb said hes gonna give the 365 to his wife and buy a 43.

I've found that the Hogue rubber slip on beavertail grip makes a big difference in how I can shoot my S&W Shield. I'm betting that it would help you get comfortable with this gun too. Small money for a huge improvement in the feel of the gun in your hand.

If you can’t shoot it accurately don’t blame the gun. There are lots of reasons lo love or hate guns but neither of these two guns is more accurate than the other and the difference between the two is nothing that can’t be remedied w training & repetition. The 365 had some issues early on, as sometimes happens w brand new designs, they have been fixed.

If you can’t shoot it accurately don’t blame the gun. There are lots of reasons lo love or hate guns but neither of these two guns is more accurate than the other and the difference between the two is nothing that can’t be remedied w training & repetition. The 365 had some issues early on, as sometimes happens w brand new designs, they have been fixed.

Agreed, practice makes perfect.
But if I'm more naturally comfortable with something right off the bat, I'm going to stick with it.
I dont need to train myself to shoot the 365 accurately when I already shoot the 43 pretty good and it feels comfortable doing so.
I dont have to have the 365.

But if I'm more naturally comfortable with something right off the bat, I'm going to stick with it.
I dont need to train myself to shoot the 365 accurately when I already shoot the 43 pretty good and it feels comfortable doing so.

I don’t think either of those guns is a must have if you already have one & are already comfortable with it. The guy that turned me on to the 365 is a Marine, an instructor, a great shooter and the biggest Glock fanboy have ever met. My point is of you can shoot one you can shoot the other, and I also get why you don’t have a compelling need to switch. I happen to love the gun but that’s me.

<edit> if you’re shopping for a 9mm subcompact/micro striker fired gun and not looking at the 365 then I think you’re missing the boat, but if you have a G43 you’re happy with there’s nothing wrong w that either. I also tend to make my decisions about guns based on the attributes of the gun more than on how I feel shooting it at the range.

Last edited:
Everybody needs to justify their purchase. That seems even more true for Glock fanbois. Don't get me wrong, I do own Glocks. But unlike some people on here, I don't think everything they turn out is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The G43 is a mediocre attempt at regaining market share that was lost to the Shield and the P365. There's absolutely nothing the G43 does that the others don't do just as well or better. But the guys like RKW here, who seem to sleep in their Glock underoos, will glorify anything coming out of Gaston's garage.

Seems like 43X would be good for you.

Everybody needs to justify their purchase. That seems even more true for Glock fanbois. Don't get me wrong, I do own Glocks. But unlike some people on here, I don't think everything they turn out is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The G43 is a mediocre attempt at regaining market share that was lost to the Shield and the P365. There's absolutely nothing the G43 does that the others don't do just as well or better. But the guys like RKW here, who seem to sleep in their Glock underoos, will glorify anything coming out of Gaston's garage.

Well when the Gaston garage releases a new gun, it usually runs ok. And I get my Underoos on and run down to the nearest dealer and give them my money.
And I usually don't have to send it back...lol

Damn - I really like that, but like my existing P365. It would be hard to justify me spending the money on the SAS version at this point too.

Also, when will our beloved AG declare it illegal to own in MA? Monday morning at the earliest, me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom