A New Fireams Shop on Cape Cod..The Outdoor Shop Inc. South Yarmouth MA. (a review)

ruhip

NES Member
Stopped at The Outdoor Shop today and had a very positive experience. The shop is located in South Yarmouth on Cape Cod. The shop is fairly new and a great addition to the MA./Cape Cod area. The shop is neat and clean and has a good selection of handguns and rifle and shotguns. Not a huge number of firearms but a good selection (1911's, Glocks, compacts, sub compacts, revolvers etc.) The prices are very fair and comparable to some of the prices found at Four Seasons. Ammo prices were also reasonably priced. I met with owner Dan Dumont and his lovely wife (her first name escapes me now, please excuse me Mrs. Dumont). Both Dan and his wife were very knowlegable and very pleasant to talk to and to do business with. Dan is a firearm enthusiast and appears to really enjoy his work, and it shows. The Outdoor Shop is a very comfortable place to visit, it has pleasant and friendly feel to it. I believe both male and female shooters will appreciated the very relaxed and welcome atmosphere it generates. Do yourselves all a favor and stop in and check out this new and welcome addition to the Cape Cod fireams community. The Dumonts' and their shop really impressed me, and it trully was a pleasure to meet and talk with them.

The Outdoor shop is located at 50 Long Pond Drive, South Yarmouth, MA., 02664 Phone (508) 394-3819

Last edited:
I stopped by on their Saturday opening day a couple of weeks ago with my buddy.

After following them from their introduction: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/156898-Introduction with their own forum I was looking forward to a new shop on the Cape.

I didn't even realize until I got their that this was the same "Outdoor Shop" that has been there for a while selling Snow Mobiles, ATV's in the past, etc. I know a few people who have bought Snow Mobiles from him, and the folks that know him arn't surprised he is now selling firearms. Dan seems like an upfront and straightforward guy. I am looking to buy items from him in the future. He does have great prices despite being on the Cape.

Because it was my first visit, and the opening day; this would be my justification buying something. Bought a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe for 9/40 standard Glock frame. LOVE IT. Who-woulda-thunk it can make a fullsize Glock 22 nearly disappear. I know I'm a little late to the bandwagon on these holsters, but I am happy I got on it now. Next up, Mini Tuck for Kahr P9 and PM9!!!

Cool, since I'm down on the Cape all the time as all my family live in South Dennis, and Yarmouth I will check it out. Being a Maine resident now I won't be able to buy much but I can still chuckle at all the neutered weapons :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I heartily agree with Ruhip's review. It is a very nice shop and both Dan and his wife, Lori, are very welcoming and knowledgeable. I plan on visiting often, using them as my FFL, and look forward to their future success having established a nicely stocked and friendly gun shop on the cape. Also, they have two beautiful dogs, Dakota and Penny. If in the area you should stop in and say hello, I am glad I did.

ME and the female stopped in a couple weeks back to look at a SW Bodyguard. Awesome price. Spent about a half hour speaking with Dan and Lori. Great folks. Going to be successful for sure.

Is this the place pretty much across the street from Stop and Shop and Swamp Pond Village? Might stop in next time I'm back in Mass.

normally there 10-5... or later depending on the kids and wife.. lol.

saturday 9:30-2 at least.. sunday by appointment or any other weird times by appointment is no problem.

Just email me for the fastest response on anything.

thanks
Dan

My friend and I took a ride down this morning from, Carver, nice shop good prices, picked up some ammo, shot the bull, friendly atmosphere, from my brief meeting, Dan is a good guy to deal with, and although I don't get down that way to often, I will make it a point to stop in when I do.

And while anyone is in the area stop at Kevin's seafood on 28 next to the mini golf course. A small dive of a place with AWESOME fried seafood, and outstanding clam chowder. If you there on tues, thurs, or friday night say hi to the bartender/server my mom Kathy Cifelli :)

And while anyone is in the area stop at Kevin's seafood on 28 next to the mini golf course. A small dive of a place with AWESOME fried seafood, and outstanding clam chowder. If you there on tues, thurs, or friday night say hi to the bartender/server my mom Kathy Cifelli :)

The best chowda on Cape is at Capt Parka's (Parker's) on Rt 28 in south Yarmouth.

The best chowda on Cape is at Capt Parka's (Parker's) on Rt 28 in south Yarmouth.

Yeah, they have won the award over and over again and it is great but not so much better then a lot of places. They just got more recognized because they entered and won a competition. Its like the 1000 places here in Maine that have best lobster roll. Hit up P-towns Lobster Pot and have a bloody mary and oysters Rockefeller if you really want to be in heaven. Lol, I do it every time I'm on the Cape even tho I stay at my moms house in South Dennis.

The Outdoor Shop

Hey Folks. Stopped there Saturday morning with a buddy of mine. Great people, Good prices. Dan is very knowledgeable and is a shop owner as well as an enthusiast. Stop in and give your local dealer some business!

I was there on Saturday and was quite pleased I now have a nice friendly local place to buy. Even though I went there for cleaning supplies I ended up leaving with a Ruger 10/22. I can already tell I'm going to spend some time and cash getting it set up right and even more time shooting it. I can also see I have a new Saturday routine.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys. Sold almost all that box damaged ammo already. Hopefully will have a few new items in this week for the Saturday crowd. See ya then !!

Kevin's is the best for fried seafood on the cape!

Well we got the site up and running, and started filling it with content. Can always check there to see what may be new, and in stock. I will try and keep it up to date, every few days.

I'm gonna be down soon and plan to check out the store. Being a Maine resident now I can't buy much still. A shame my dad passed a few years ago, he would have loved it.

Man, I keep forgetting to swing by and check this place out. I remember buying moped parts from The Outdoor Shop like 15 years ago! LOL.

I'll swing in this weekend.

Just swung in today. Very clean, organized gun room.

It was a pleasure to meet you Dan. You are by far one of the most friendly and easy to talk to gun shop guys I've met yet. I'll be spending money there in the near future no doubt. :)

Good for you, the cape has been needing a good store. I used to see people from all over the cape driving up to C&F in Middleboro, so there's demand for it.

Went down few week back to Dan shop, from the time I walked in the door Dan made me feel right at home, have since been down several time last trip Dan installed a short trigger rest for my Sig and an Apex duty carrty kit in M&P 45, gave me a very fair price on install and parts, Dan is very helpful and friendly every time. More gun shops should take lession from him on how to treat a customer. He has very reasonable price on ammo and guns worth the drive from Carver. Great Job Dan

I do a lot of online shopping, and Dan is always super competitive with pricing. I've had 3 guns transferred to Rhode Island now with zero problems. Packages arrive on time with all correct paper work, making super easy for my local FFL. Never even thought about doing a transfer until Dan explained to me how easy it was.. Excellent experience all around. And great packing too!

Here's a pic of something Dan has been helping me out with! Putting together my own AR....

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom