• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A military joke (Brace yerself, Derek!)

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
A Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine were walking to chow when a helicopter flies over.

Soldier: "Hmm, a Chopper."

Airman: "In the Air Force, we call those Whirlybirds."

Sailor: "We like to call them Helos."

Marine (while pointing up to the aircraft): "Ugh! Ugh!"

Yeah, that's how we were taught to respond. It's not only useful when other people underestimate you, but particularly easy to accomplish most of the time. Uggh! Uggh!

Ken

Cross-X said:
Derek, I won't share with you how I almost became a Marine JAG.

The only experience I had with JAG officers was when I got put on guard duty for a murder trial. I never realized how much the two attorneys talked to each other after everybody left the courtroom. You would of thought they were buddies or something. But when the show was on they were at each others throats.

derek said:
Cross-X said:
Derek, I won't share with you how I almost became a Marine JAG.

The only experience I had with JAG officers was when I got put on guard duty for a murder trial. I never realized how much the two attorneys talked to each other after everybody left the courtroom. You would of thought they were buddies or something. But when the show was on they were at each others throats.

My wife was surprised how much I banter with prosecutors when not actually on trial. One thing many folks don't seem to understand is that defense lawyers work with, or against, the same proscutors day in and day out, year in and year out.

Since many criminal cases end in a plea bargain, it always helps to have an open, relaxed relationship with one's adversaries. you can often get much better deals that way. (Heheh!)

Back in my days as a prosecutor, when I had a general court martial trial, I would ask that the security police officers bring their K-9 dog teams.

Cops may be big and tough, but nothing matches a crazed miliary working dog.

You get somebody who likes to think of himself as a badass, he's always looking at the guards (no matter how damn big they may be) out of the corner of his eye and thinking "I could take him. He's not half as bad as I am." Sooner or later the fool is going to try, Dogs, on the other hand, rarely inspire that sort of macho day dreaming.

Ken

Not entirely. A man doesn't feel the same compulsion to prove that he's better than a dog as he does to prove he's bettern than some other guy. It's the same reason that women officers can arrest a lot of guys without any resistance when the same guys would fight like hell against a male officer trying to do the same thing. Egos. (Plus a good dog can indeed be really a vicious piece of work.)

Ken

Back
Top Bottom