A LOT of talk about 2A under threat, Gov't policies and collapse of the U.S. *BUT*

Can we start intelligent discussion about what can be done by the 'common man/woman'. Through our true representatives, action from like minded people that could actually make a difference rather than waiting for the abolishment of our constitution/bill of rights and the death of what this country was founded on.

I'm sure others feel frustrated and powerless as they see the writing on the wall...

Please keep it a discussion of reasonable action, NOT more about the problems/corruption/agendas we are All aware of the Many issues...

And then, wait patiently for the robo form letter singing the same old sorry tune! These politicians could care less about what we have to say. That right there is the problem. It's a big club for a bunch of crooks and up and coming crooks. With due respect, you can write till the cows come and nothing will happen till "something happens". Just my measly 2 cents. YMMV

Someone should sticky a how to contact list complete with form letters. But anyway:

This will get you in touch with reps and the pres by zip code:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

This will get you in touch with the speaker of the house:
http://www.speaker.gov/contact

You should also call these people. Definitely play up things like being a vet, democrat, etc etc etc. Yes some of these will fall on deaf ears, but it doesn't hurt and it takes 5 minutes of your time. You have zero right to complain about any of this if you don't bother trying.

Mike

And then, wait patiently for the robo form letter singing the same old sorry tune! These politicians could care less about what we have to say. That right there is the problem. It's a big club for a bunch of crooks and up and coming crooks. With due respect, you can write till the cows come and nothing will happen till "something happens". Just my measly 2 cents. YMMV

Unfortunately, this. Especially in MA. Think Lurch or granny (or rino Brown for that matter) give a flying F?

::sigh::[banghead]

I'll post a generic form letter a little later, Acho.
But as crazymjb pointed out - there are the links. I just started writing being mindful to be respectful of the office & position(s) of the people that I am/was addressing.

I wrote my Rep, and the president, and Faxed. They replied:

SHRIG%20656%20ha%20ha%20ha.jpg

This is why I'm posting, to add more ideas on how to speak out not excuses and restating the problem... I do agree with you but still try.

Forget about writing your rep, or your Senator. Maybe at the state level. But my suggestion?

Buy guns. That runs NICS checks. NICS checks are published. Published data transforms into information.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/20121203_1998_2012_monthly_yearly_totals.pdf

There's likely going to be over 18,000,000+ checks. And remember, these are for new purchases. Not FTF, unless mandated by state law.

Imagine if NICS data was running at 2,000,000 a month. Or 3,000,000 each and every month? That would send a serious message to Congress, the President and every other moonbat that thinks they can infringe on our Constitutionally-protected rights.

Yes we can.

Yeah, I would say buying firearms and stocking up on non-perishables sends a message. Stop paying taxes as much as possible, not by breaking the law (that's what the .gov wants) but by not earning more money than you need to get by, purchasing things in NH to avoid state tax. Moving to NH to starve MA, taking as many deductions as you can get on your federal taxes. Notice how the "fiscal cliff" has gotten so much attention? It's because we're spending A LOT more than we're making, imagine if that got even worse?

Money is all the .gov understands, starve the beast and make a change.

And buy firearms for when that doesn't work.

General Template

I'm a meathead. Want to give me a template?

Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies that were proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban.
Do not pass laws that strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others. Rather, I urge you to support initiatives for training teachers & allowing schools to become less of a target. Promote safe storage of firearms that are not being carried. Do not judge a book by it’s cover, because while these firearms may appear to “military-style” their function is nothing like.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear that you are one of the ones that actually takes the political process at face value.

Ever notice that when you write your reps, they respond with an automated letter to let you know what their opinion is? See the problem with that?

There is nothing that you can do by coloring within the lines of a system that doesn't exist anymore.

I've written all elected officials from rep to pres. Here are the results:

Scott Brown: Thanks for contacting, nothing specific, but hey.

John Kerry: No reply.

Deval Patrick: No reply.

N. Tsongas: Appreciates hearing from me, and can I send money?

Pres. Obama: Appreciates hearing from me, and can I send money?

Nobody, but nobody, said one word about the specifics of my issues.

You guys are nuts if you think these a**h***s give two shits about sternly worded letters that you send. Time to start marching, get off our asses, and get out in the streets and demand that they back the **** off.

So how is that, It don't matter and Woe is me, working out for you?

He's right, though. Politicians will very likely never read the letter, and if they do they certainly won't make any decisions based on it. Politicians make decisions based on polling, lobbying, and backroom negotiation. They simply do not care about letters. Honestly, the only way you can make a difference is by attempting to change the voting demographic.

You can get people involved in writing letters that otherwise would not be. Two benefits - you yet more people involved, and more people get jaded. It's a win either way you look at it.

Haven't had time to sit down yet, but I'm working up form letters to post up here for others to use. I'm planning on taking a couple of days from work, grabbing a prepaid cell, and sitting at gun shops and helpigg people mail letters and make phone calls. About 60-75% of the people I know are against further restrictions when pressed and confronted with facts, and many are willing to get others involved...but they need a little push.

I still instruct for Appleseed despite a bunch of personal BS going on, because I feel it gets more people involved in an environment that isn't particularly threatening to those on the "other" side.

Still looking to buy a PTR91, a Stag 3G upper, and a White Oak heavy barrel CMP upper. Already stocked on ammo and mags. Already contributed knowledge and advice to two other people's first EBR purchases. Bought the g/f a big stupid slug gun, both for the extra NICS check and so she can't complain about my uppers and rifle. (She doesn't like 'em, bit thinks banning is stupid.) I'd be trolling the classifieds here if I hadn't been a tool and let my membership expire.

Speaking of memberships...re-upping NRA for the g/f, NRA-ILA for me, extra GOAL and Comm2A donations coming, and GOA, JPFO, and 2AF memberships coming. Shit, I'll throw the Pink Pistols some cash if they'll use it for fighting.

Last edited:
good idea

I think hkdrummer stated a good point..maybe its time gun owners across the country take to the streets and standup for our 2nd amend..when that is gone they will all be taken away 1 after another..may work better then a letter on deaf ears, they most likley dont make it past the mailroom boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are nuts if you think these a**h***s give two shits about sternly worded letters that you send. Time to start marching, get off our asses, and get out in the streets and demand that they back the **** off.

I guess that's part of the point.
Let them know that THEIR constituents in their districts want them to back off.

We are numerous. We are organized. AND they will be met with RESISTANCE.

Just sent to speaker and reps, worth a shot but probably get a generic response

Greetings,

In light of the recent shooting in Connecticut, I would like to express deep sympathy for the families of the victims. However, I would like to request that you vote against any further firearm restriction legislation. In the case of this shooting, perhaps more support for mental healthcare would be a better area of focus for any legislation that results. A firearm, regardless of its appearance, does not work on its own. As a law abiding firearms owner, I have undergone proper training and know that it must take an unstable individual to commit a crime so atrocious as the Sandy Hook incident. Again, my deepest sympathy to those affected by the shooting, but firearm control is not a proper course of action to pursue as a result of this.

Just sent to speaker and reps, worth a shot but probably get a generic response

Greetings,

In light of the recent shooting in Connecticut, I would like to express deep sympathy for the families of the victims. However, I would like to request that you vote against any further firearm restriction legislation. In the case of this shooting, perhaps more support for mental healthcare would be a better area of focus for any legislation that results. A firearm, regardless of its appearance, does not work on its own. As a law abiding firearms owner, I have undergone proper training and know that it must take an unstable individual to commit a crime so atrocious as the Sandy Hook incident. Again, my deepest sympathy to those affected by the shooting, but firearm control is not a proper course of action to pursue as a result of this.

Great!
short & to the point.

We stand as One Link:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/we-stand-as-one-contact-congress-on-guns-email-your-contacts/

If you are going write them use a post card. Keep it real short, I want you to support this bill or oppose that bill, Or support or oppose such and such, Thank you.
A post card gets read by everyone that handles it.

That is a GREAT idea!

Back
Top Bottom