A Look Back at Massachusetts’ Legislative Session: Sportsmen’s Issues in the Spotlight

What's the other state??? PA started allowing it, but it's anemic. It adds one day to one season and maybe 2 to another, IIRC. It's a "pilot program" at this point. I'd hardly call that Sunday hunting.

How much of that is really open to hunting? For instance, nahant has state forest but bans discharge of firearms and bow.
So, that means only 1/2 the time for hunters, and 1/2 the places. Only 1/4 enjoyable by the people who pay for it.

What's the other state??? PA started allowing it, but it's anemic. It adds one day to one season and maybe 2 to another, IIRC. It's a "pilot program" at this point. I'd hardly call that Sunday hunting.
Its better than nothing. They actually start deer firearm season early and include that Sunday. Also one prescribed Sunday for Archery, and one for Muzzleloader as well.

Some of the sportsman in PA can't get out of their own way though, they don't agree with Sunday hunting, and also when asked by the state if they should add semi auto rifles, voted it down for deer season, but OK'ed it for coyote or something.

Can’t hunt Sundays in Maine
and I believe CT is only private land archery for Sunday but I could be wrong on that.
This is correct. CT is pretty much no hunting on Sunday.

MA will never allow hunting on Sunday....its a waste of time.

This is correct. CT is pretty much no hunting on Sunday.

MA will never allow hunting on Sunday....its a waste of time.

With unlimited permits in some zones, extra
2 weeks in eastern ma, they appear to be doing a lot to get more kills for deer at least.

I wonder whether they will change Sunday, setbacks or crossbow next to increase the number of kills.

With unlimited permits in some zones, extra
2 weeks in eastern ma, they appear to be doing a lot to get more kills for deer at least.

I wonder whether they will change Sunday, setbacks or crossbow next to increase the number of kills.
They will certainly bring the herd down with unlimited doe permits. Every doe killed is 2-4 out of the herd for next year.

Crossbow has been pretty sticky....but they may get that passed.

Sundays are extremely unlikely unless its something like CT. Archery only private land certain zones.

They will certainly bring the herd down with unlimited doe permits. Every doe killed is 2-4 out of the herd for next year.

Crossbow has been pretty sticky....but they may get that passed.

Sundays are extremely unlikely unless its something like CT. Archery only private land certain zones.
Don't expect to see anything favorable to hunters.
The reason the population is getting out of control is a lot of guys have just thrown in the towel on hunting here.
I know a bunch.
We've lost a number of good spots that we have hunted for 40 -50 years because fruitcakes move in and either harass the land owner till they don't have us back to keep the peace with these freaks or us directly.
Don't even get me started on the wardens , after all these years I could write a f*cking book.
We've even been harassed on our own properties by both private people , local cops in some towns or wardens.
I even got written a fine for shooting too close to a house which I decided to fight in court and won.
The main issue? I didn't even have a f*cking gun.

Back
Top Bottom