A little “more” fun with ammo crates

mac1911

NES Member
A little throw back to my modeling days (20+ years ago) Fooled around making a 1:4 scale version of the Greek HXP 4 can crate.
wffxPNVm.jpg

Holds 30 rounds loose
pVlWNipm.jpg

Or 2 loaded Enblocs
6mpzz92m.jpg

With the full size crate
NOVoM27m.jpg

Holds

Last edited:
Very cool! What type of modeling did you do? My first job during school was making building models, very fun.

how much?
Made from scraps from a remodel . 1/4” plywood for the 1/4 scale it’s close enough. I need to add the end piece handles.
Just glued to gethet with what I could squeeze out of the construction adhesive tube

That's very cool- I think more so than the full size.

Would be cool to make one that is sized to hold the typical number of rounds we use in a CMP match, with spaced holes to hold the rounds upright.

That's very cool- I think more so than the full size.

Would be cool to make one that is sized to hold the typical number of rounds we use in a CMP match, with spaced holes to hold the rounds upright.
Maybe i can play around with tbe scale size of the 2 tin crates.

Not sure how it would look . 1/7 scale would be tall enough to fit the cartridges but be pretty big for practical use. I’m still looking for some small hinges.

if I make it to fit the cart. it starts to loose it "ammo crate" look. the scale is just off. plus im not finding any hinges that look right?

Old pos furniture, salvaged the 3/4" sides,top,bottom. Not the strongest wood but was goingto the dump. In keeping with the recycle theme I used all the screws holding the bureau together , it was not enough so until I find some more in the junk bin im done for now.
wEPaN1Ph.jpg

New 2 can crate:
3hjoEpYh.jpg

had some time as kids where in the pool. I have tablesaw set up next to the pool so I can work and watch

Last edited:
I tried cutting out a template only to find even with my Rx I could hardly see the tip of the Xacto blade along the edge of the template when trying to cut it. I also tried laying the yellow on thinner but it looked duller while I was spraying than it does when it dried, I only had 2 "stencil" fonts on my computer and this was the closest of the 2.
Fun little project now to just find some hinges and latch so I can lock them up.
vREs9t0m.jpg

Really nice Job on the Crates , so good you could create an illusion with a Camera . I used to make Model 55 Chevys when I was young by the time High School rolled around I was more into the two legged type models like the one Brady has .A good way to end up Married young.
I have one of the Large Mosin Crates I'm going to do a creative display sometime. And I just picked up a nice 7.62x39 Wooden Ammo box the same color about 18"x18" .

Back
Top Bottom