A law by initiative petition - Repeal the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban

I meant "1998 Gun Control Act" ... If an admin could correct the title, that would be great.

What would it take to do this?

Last edited:
If you search "repeal the Hughes amendment," you can probably find the information you're looking for.

The AG has to approve all ballot initiatives.

There was one this year to make the AG's office and AG's election non-partisan. Guess how far that one made it?

The AG has to approve all ballot initiatives.

There was one this year to make the AG's office and AG's election non-partisan. Guess how far that one made it?

I have never really thought about this much, but the activities as of late seem to support the idea of the AG really being the most powerful position in MA.
You can manipulate laws by simply applying guidance, without applying any due process. There are laws that put the AG in a position of deciding if a company can sell something here, based just on the AGs feelings. You have a mega budget to haggle anyone you want. If the citizens want to push an initiative you don't like you can just can it. You cannot be removed from your position. You can take as much vacation as you want. I am sure the pension is very nice as well as the health care. . . .

Back
Top Bottom