• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A house bill that has been presented .........

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/189/House/H2188

I know its only been presented in a committee now but if I read it and understand it correctly this is almost registration, and MANDATORY insurance for you be able to get/keep/renew your ltc.

"No license to carry shall be issued pursuant to this section unless and until the applicant for the license or for the renewal of an existing license presents to the licensing authority a complete list of every handgun owned by the applicant along with a certificate of insurance verifying that the applicant has a valid insurance policy insuring against any harm or damage that might arise out of the use of each weapon on said list. The applicant shall swear under the penalties of perjury that said list is a complete list of all handguns owned by the applicant. The insurance policy shall be in an amount of at least $250,000 and shall list the specific weapons covered by the policy. The list presented to the licensing authority shall match the list on the insurance policy or the license or renewal shall not issue."

does this seem insane to any one else? even from ma?(should not be surprised) Or am I miss understanding it? thoughts?

think that a-hole tried to get something similar put in the legislation last year....

that's a class-ist/racist bill.... can't afford insurance? no constitutional right for you....

This has been introduced in some form or another by some anti gun moonbat ****wit or another from the 128 loop region about 48 times now and it's failed every time. I think it's been introduced (or in some cases, some 'tard makes noises about filing it) every session for at least the last 10 years or so. The best part was one time recently after it was introduced even some types that represented the MA insurance industry actually came out and said "We don't want to be involved in any part of this "business" ".

-Mike

This moonbat can go EABOD. If it ever did pass, it would probably get dropped once it hit the courts.

Linsky has a handful he has filed for 10 yrs and they all got no where. But he'll file again and again.

My concern is that with these moonbats proposing the same crap legislation every single year, it only takes one crap bill to get passed and we are hosed. I wasnt in MA in 1998 but my understanding is that '98 would be an example.

the only obvious solution (to me) is to propose and support counter legislation but I dont see that happening in MA.

whats that saying? "A good offense is the best defense"?

And prison for license holders.[rolleyes]

"In the event that a judgment issues against the license holder for personal injuries or property damage that cannot
be satisfied by the required insurance policy due to the holder’s failure to maintain said policy, the license holder may be punished by imprisonment by not more than five years."

See how many sponsors signed on to Timmy's insanity??

NONE!

These idiots file this crap every year, that is why GOAL has to stay on top of things, but they go nowhere. These are so radical that even in MA they are DOA. But one must be forever vigilant regardless.

NONE!

These idiots file this crap every year, that is why GOAL has to stay on top of things, but they go nowhere. These are so radical that even in MA they are DOA. But one must be forever vigilant regardless.

+1

and the bit about five years for lack off coverage is some of the worst of it(i.e all of it) , ahh regulation, turning law abiding citizens into criminals one law at a time. and like it was said before hopefully stuff like this won't gain traction here EVER.

My concern is that with these moonbats proposing the same crap legislation every single year, it only takes one crap bill to get passed and we are hosed. I wasnt in MA in 1998 but my understanding is that '98 would be an example.

I never get worried about these because they are so poorly written that they won't get support. The industry rebuttal of this one pretty much put the last nail in the coffin for the idea. These kinds of bills are political grandstanding, nothing more.

-Mike

It's time to counter with a bill requiring people who don't own firearms to have insurance or be hit with a tax... er... penalty... er... fee we can't decide which.

NONE!

I've seen this before too, and I haven't been at this as long as you guys. I think Toomey and Linsky play badminton with this political shuttlecock every session.

Twerps being twerps.

Toomey's also the numbskull that has introduced bans on body armor for us civvies and other such garbage. But he's from Cambridge, so he's a lifer in the House.

God I hate this state.

There's far more to that than just an insurance mandate as well.

Section 4 increases the amount of training required to 20 hours with a minimum of 4 hours of live fire. Essentially making training too expensive for many people.

Section 5 is a "one gun a month" law.

Section 6 adds "smart gun" technology to the list of "safety devices" that must be sold with a gun.

I hope that entire family and grandkids of this mother ****er Timothy J. Toomey, Jr. feel the guilt of carrying the "traitor" and "POS" genes

toomey2007.jpg

Go **** yourself timmy, or better yet go play a goat with Linsky.

I hope that entire family and grandkids of this mother ****er Timothy J. Toomey, Jr. feel the guilt of carrying the "traitor" and "POS" genes

toomey2007.jpg

Go **** yourself timmy, or better yet go play a goat with Linsky.

Well if it passes, my residence will change.

Well if it passes, my residence will change.

It won't. Not even in MA.

There are antis and anti gun bills to worry about every year, for sure (and take action on) but this isn't one of them.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom