• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Healthcare Bill To Treat Gun Ownership As A Disease??

I can see it now. Sorry hun I didn't want to purchase anymore guns but I have a disease and can't control it. Do you think we'll have safe spaces that the state allows us to go and shoot for free?

You bet! If people "can't help" but drink booze and take drugs, and commit crimes until their brain "matures" at age 25, and these are fellow diseases, then sign me up for a 12 step gun program (2/month for 6 months).

If gun ownership is a disease, can we have publicly funded ranges open to all and sundry so that we can use them safely in controlled surroundings?

(by analogy with "safe injection" sites for heroin users....)

This is a dangerous Bill and would be the start of a slippery slope that would not be easy to stop once started. The next step would be evaluation durring the counceling that could determine phisical or mental sutablity to own firearms. The basis for this determination would be ripe for abuse and one step closer to gun confication in MA. This also could be argued as a non-2a issue because it is in the interest of public safety public health and not a violation of rights. This state already does this with the AG Firearms Safety Act and the abatrary town city licencing and what the individual town city requires for LTC application. Also would it come to having a completed Dr certificate of firearms consulting completion before you can apply for or renew an LTC.

This also could be argued as a non-2a issue because it is in the interest of public safety public health and not a violation of rights
Gun control threatens public safety. That has been proven throughout history and since the 2A is the law and this would be an infringement on it no matter how they want to word it, it would still be a 2A issue but since when have they allowed the constitution to stand in their way? Basically never since they've claimed all along that the infringements they've enacted don't violate the 2A even though they clearly do. You're definitely right that this is a dangerous bill.

The USSR treated people using the equivalent of the 1st Amendment in a way they didn't like as mentally ill.

Pinkos here are now attempting to do the same with the 2A.

From what we've seen with Political Correctness, 'trigger warnings', Cancel Culture, deplatforming, shadow banning, and other frontiers in jargon filled censorship, the use of public health measures to lock up dissidents using speech they dislike isn't far behind.

Back
Top Bottom