• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Head's Up for 2007

JimConway

Instructor
This is a secret and I am not supposed to tell anyone. We are already working on our 2007 schedule and have 2 of the 4 signed up. First we have Craig Douglas (Southnarc) coming in June, 2007. And the big surprise is that we have Gunsite coming in September 15 - 17, 2007 for a three day version of their 250 course. I have not selected the instructors for the course yet, but do have some definite ideas.

This is awesome info!

This is a golden opportunity for those in the Northeast to take the biggest name courses without the high travel expenses (and hassles with airports/TSA)!

For those of us not in the real loop, can you shed some light on why its so great of news. (Not trying to piss on the parade but kind of like me telling the config of my puter parts to a person who only knows how to config via Dell's drop down menu.)

I've suggested to Jim Conway that he invite SouthNarc to post here, introduce himself and contribute to pointers on training.

He contributes on some other forums and is very highly regarded.

I'm guessing that David has attended one of his classes, right? If so, please write a review here David!

I attended a 2 hour close quarters fighting seminar by Southnarc at the Snubby Summit in FL last Dec. The class was cutting edge to say the least

I am working on a magazine article on him and will post it when done

Thanks for all of the great comments on Southnarc. For those of you that are not aware of him, he is a active duty Narcotics and SWAT officer in the South who offers real world training on a limited basis. His web site, www.shivworks.com provides some more information. there are some videos that show his methods. Please note the he has a DVD on handguns that is great and covers much of the class content. The class that we have planned covers close quarters gun fighting, with the major point of getting enough space to be able to get to use the gun. This course covers both shooting and combatives. I hope that this answers some of your questions.

Back
Top Bottom