• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"a handgun is only good to fight your way to a rifle"

And you won't be doing that sh|t at 2:30 in the morning, from a dead sleep, in a 5 foot wide hallway.

meh..... shots from an AR15 at the Foxy Lady in New Bedford a mile (as crow etc..) from my house had me awake and aware from a dead sleep.....
i assure you the sound of my front door or windows breaking or footsteps on my creaky-ass stairs will have the same effect.....

*ETA: i just have to be able to remember the combination to the safe and find the key for the trigger lock and load a magazine while pumped full of adrenaline...... effin mass storage laws...... ;)

Really depends on the location, situation, and firearm in question. For HD, a long rifle would be my last pick simply due to poor maneuverability. An SBR or short-barrel shotgun would be great though, especially the latter. Me, I'm perfectly happy with my snubnose but again, only considering my own personal case - location, layout, number of tenants, etc. If I lived on a ranch, I'd have my Mosin next to my bed too.

Ok, I was able to find this after Googling a few things. Visual perspective helps, but i would still think a smaller, lighter, faster round(say you're in a medium sized house shooting an evil-doer from 10 feet away) would go in and out of him more than a 9/40/45?

images

Those tests are FBI spec conducted from 10 Feet away. It's not counterintuitive if you realize the differences in speed.

I am generally slaying bodies in the secondary, and fighting my way to a second secondary.

^^^^this^^^^^

And my tertiary position/weapon is an MRAP, so nana nana boo boo.

In reality, the reason my mind will go to my hand gun first, is that it's almost always more accessible. That being said, if I thought there'd be trouble, I woulda brought my rifle.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

You guys are analyzing the crap out of this.... The rest is an exercise in mental gymnastics.

Can't believe I went through twelve screens to make this comment....

Lol. I thought that is what internet forums were made for, well that and arguing...

To the OP. We carry pistols because they are convenient. Most Pistol calibers are considered "underpowered" in comparison to long guns.

Overall I would go along with the premise of the OP to be valid. I would rather have a rifle at a pistol fight than a pistol at a rifle fight. Also, if Jeff Cooper was invloved with it's origin, not gonna argue.

Back
Top Bottom