• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Guide to Shipping Firearms thru UPS.......

BTSDOG

NES Member
Hi all,
Every now and then I see people inquiring on how to go about shipping firearms. Ive been with BROWN now for 35 yrs, and every time ive inquired about the subject, i got different conflicting answers. I finally connected with someone with a bit of intelligence. Basically, as long as you adhere to FEDERAL, STATE and LOCAL laws, you can ship anything except fully automatic firearms. And you must also adhere to UPS's strict shipping policies.
Below is a link which should connect you directly to the companies web site. Hope this helps.[cheers]

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...es/firearms.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=firearms

Semi off topic, but... I just sent my Kahr back to, go figure, Kahr... They emailed me an RMA for Priority Next Day Air deliver by 10am, very cool. Walked into the FedEx strip mall office on Drum Hill Road in Chelmsford. The gun was unloaded, in the original case, packed in a cardboard box and amply padded on all sides. I left the box untaped, just in case. Here's the conversation:

Me: Gotta ship this back.
Her: Ok.
Me: Here's ths shipping label
Her: Ok.
Me: It's a firearm.
Her: Ok, let's tape the box real good.
Me: Ok.
Her: Have a great day.
Me: Thanks, you too.

They don't ALL panic:)

Back
Top Bottom