• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A great day at the range

It was a beautiful day for a trip to the range, but that's not what made it great.

My club shoots trap every Saturday from 0900-1200, and I got in 4 rounds today, including one with my new (old) Remington Model 11, but that's not what made it great.

Here's what made it great:

2wqv78x.jpg

My 15 year old daughter.

208wdpu.jpg

Bird is slightly left of center, just below the top of the trees

2a5gh2a.jpg

Broken bird is left of center, just below the top of the trees

fyq6d.jpg

And again

2cmq8pi.jpg

Switching over to a Remington 870 Youth 20 gauge, her favorite

121zs5k.jpg

Another bird

s45j0m.jpg

Another broken bird

2rmtrmp.jpg

And another.

She shot 4 rounds today, all off the center trap. She was averaging about 12-15 per round, and the last round she went 15 for 25, with 8 in a row. This is just her third time out, and the first time she only shot (at) 9 birds. Two weeks ago she shot three rounds with us. She's using primarily an 870 Youth 20 gauge loaned to us by a friend. She's tried a couple of over-and-unders, but prefers the pump. The 870 Youth has a 22" barrel and short LOP stock, and it fits and points well for her.

After shotgun, we slid over to the plate racks and shot some steel plates with the suppressed .22, which she loves, too.

All in all, it was a GREAT day at the range.

Last edited:
A great day, indeed!

The construction project seems like it's coming along well. I should get over there soon and check it out in person.

If you haven't seen it in a few weeks, you'll be stunned. The shooting line is covered all the way from the stat shack on the left down to the pistol side. New cement pad under the roof and out in front (where we're standing to shoot in the photos above). They're done a fantastic job in the last few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom