• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A good problem to have....

TBalls

NES Member
So I find myself in the fortunate situation of "finding" a decent sum of money (by way of selling some old music equipment that I'm not using), and I'm earmarking it to further my firearm addiction. This is WAY more than I've ever had to spend on this type of thing, so I'm struggling with all the possibilities.
I realize everyone's tastes/priorities are different, but I'm just trying to see what I haven't considered. In some undetermined combination, here's what's on the wish list so far (I won't be able to do them all):

- Quality bolt action rifle (Remington 700 or similar)
- Good multi-purpose shotgun (pump or SA)
- 357 wheelgun (SW 686, Ruger SP101, etc.)
- 22lr wheelgun (SW 617, Ruger SP101.....)
- Pistol in .45 (1911, P220, Glock 21.....)
- Reloading equipment (I've been collecting brass for months, so I may as well get started)
- A decent safe
- lots of ammo (dependent on the whole reloading thing to a certain extent)

I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I didn't even realize I wanted, so let's hear it!

-Savage 10 or 12 w/ heavy barrel in .223 or .308
-Remington 870 Tactical
-S&W 1911 PD
-Reloading (i'm not set up yet, but there are a lot of threads in the reloading forum as to what you need to get started)
-Safe, sure, why not?
-Ammo, sure, why not?

also, i'd think of holsters, optics, bigger range bag(s), multi-gun / rifle cases, ammo cans and where it's all gonna go. [cheers]

A lot to consider, but if you do not already own a shotgun I would highly recommend a Rem 870. Great and reliable pump for [somewhat] cheap money

-Savage 10 or 12 w/ heavy barrel in .223 or .308
-Remington 870 Tactical
-S&W 1911 PD
-Reloading (i'm not set up yet, but there are a lot of threads in the reloading forum as to what you need to get started)
-Safe, sure, why not?
-Ammo, sure, why not?

also, i'd think of holsters, optics, bigger range bag(s), multi-gun / rifle cases, ammo cans and where it's all gonna go. [cheers]

Not a bad list, I am impressed. ;-)

T Balls, don't forget to take advantage of instructor discounts!!!

-Rifle is great but how frequently will you shoot it? If you don't hunt, you're likely to only use it for target shooting about 9 months of the year right? The return isn't there in my eyes compared to the others on your list.
-Shotgun seems more useful and versatile. Could be a slippery slope when you get in to skeet or trap and start looking for more specific/ appropriate shotguns!
-I don't think you can go wrong with a wheel gun. There's nothing like it and a 686 would be an awesome choice.
-.22 wheeler would be fun, cheap to shoot and a good investment if you start instructing on your own.
-I love my 1911. Hard to say no but against a wheel gun, I'd have to pick a revolver over a 1911 just because.
-reloading equip is and awesome idea if you have a spot in the house cleared!
-why not go for a big cabinet and a gun/reloading equipment? I just got an 18 gun cabinet for $189 at Dick's a few weeks ago. Someday I'll upgrade to a safe but for now it keeps the kids out and stuff organized

Cabinet and a wheel gun is my vote. Which revolver is the question!
-

Get into reloading, you will wish you did it sooner once you do. Its one of the few things WRT guns which literally will pay for itself in time.

The only time reloading is a dumb idea is if you're one of those guys who gets to go shooting like 4 times a year because you don't have any time to do it... but if you're blasting off rounds once a month or more it pays great dividends.

-Mike

Not a bad list, I am impressed. ;-)

T Balls, don't forget to take advantage of instructor discounts!!!

To the extent that they are available I will definitely be taking advantage (which reminds me that I was thinking of a Henry lever action too!)

[smile] Wow I agree! What did you sell a Stradivarius?[smile]

Not quite, but I'm on the verge of unloading the sister guitar to the one in my avatar. That plus some other miscellaneous stuff adds up pretty quickly. (Also FWIW it's a wish list. I won't be able to get everything....[wink]).

BTW if anyone's looking for some high end bass (that's guitar, not fishing) gear shoot me a PM!

I enjoy reloading and find it adds a lot to the hobby so that is my vote.
If it was my money I would be getting a bolt action and shotgun :)

What kind of bass gear will you be unloading? I've been through a lot of good bass gear (regret selling a lot of it!) but unloading it all does give a good chunk of change to spend on other toys.

Personally I would move towards reloading (I have neither had the time or space but want to) with a Mossberg 930X taking second. The .45 and .357 would be further down the list. Off of my personal list, I really want to get a .22lr conversion kit for my AR.

Stick to Airsoft and use the rest on scratch tickets. Then the sky's the limit.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Stick to Airsoft and use the rest on scratch tickets. Then the sky's the limit.

Nice!

What kind of bass gear will you be unloading? I've been through a lot of good bass gear (regret selling a lot of it!) but unloading it all does give a good chunk of change to spend on other toys.

At the moment I'm selling:

Custom Zon Legacy Elite V fretless
Accugroove Whappo Jr. cab
Eden WT-550 head
Monster Power Pro 2500 conditioner
6U SKB Rack Case

Back
Top Bottom