A good place to eat near Worcester MA?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey guys I need to know of a real good place to eat dinner at near Worcester>

My dad will be in the area next friday night so I need some place with real good food (a nice establishment is cool too) to take him to.

My wife and 3 kids will be with us too. So Hooters or a gentlemans club is out of the question (I've been around you NES types for too long now).

Thanks for your recomendations.

smitty

gulfmp

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Peppercorns on Park Ave, O'Conners on West Boylston St, Biago's on Park Ave, Al Fourno (BYOB) in West Boylston on West Boylston St, +1 on Texas Roadhouse on Lincoln Street, Chop House ($$) on Shrewsbury St, Sakuro Toyko on Park Ave, Sole Proprieter on Highland St,

atmay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I've always been partial to Coney Island and/or the Regatta Deli [laugh]

Fornice places, though;

-Dino's (Italian)
-O'Connor's (Irish)
-Webster House (they do a different country every month, and most of their business is the old people from the home across the street. My favorite, though!)
-Yong Shing
-Haiku
-Sakura Tokyo (Teppanyaki tables!)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sole proprietor and peppercorns are excellent. If your only concerned about good food I would recommend caio bella down on gold star blvd. Excellent italian food but the place is very simple almost like a pizza take out joint. Shrewsbury street has a ton of really good eats.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks guys.

Keep them coming I can use the help.

111 Chop House looks good, but will kill me with the bill for 6 (three grownups, one teen and two kids).

Peppercorns and O'Conners both look good.

smitty

Last edited:

dwarven1

Appleseed Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
111 Chop House on Shrewsbury Street. http://www.111chophouse.com/ Maybe over-priced, but I've never had a bad meal there.
This place is the BEST place to eat in Worcester. It's a steakhouse par excellance. If you prefer Italian, the same folks own VIA which is next door.

Sole proprietor and peppercorns are excellent.
And the folks who own the 111 Chophouse and VIA also own the Sole Proprietor - best seafood restaurant in Worcester. Make your reservations NOW for any of them and I promise you you will NOT be disappointed in your dinner. (BTW... at the Sole, you definitely want to have some of the chowder - it's great.)

HTRN

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
http://www.willyssteakhouse.com/

Right in the center of Shrewsbury.

Should be slightly less than the 111. Everything there is excellent.

A very small place, so make reservations, I have taken my 3 yo and 9 yo there with good results.

It is a white tablecloth restaurant tho.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The Boynton on Highland s.t Hiku on Park ave. Zipango on Shrewsbury st. Dino's on Plantation st.

All in Wormtown. There is actually a ton of better than average places to eat in the Big Woo.

gulfmp

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Also +1 on Leo's and Coral Seafood. Boynton also. Peppercorns has a great lunch buffet that kids can even find something to like, and they now brew their own beer there.

I'm starving now.....time to hit one of these

ccm75

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks guys.

Keep them coming I can use the help.

111 Chop House looks good, but will kill me with the bill for 6 (three grownups, one teen and two kids).

Peppercorns and O'Conners both look good.

smitty
You cant go wrong with any of those. With a party of that size I'd lean toward the Sole over the 111. Value for your money.

Horrible

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
111 Chop House on Shrewsbury Street. http://www.111chophouse.com/ Maybe over-priced, but I've never had a bad meal there.
Basically any restaurant on Shrewsbury St. is a winner.

Brew City brews their own beer and has great eats and a sports bar like atmosphere.

Chophouse is good but a bit pricey.

Via has excellant Italian food, but is also pricey.

Mezcal is pretty good if you like Mexican food.

Tortilla Sams is on rte. 9 but has pretty cheap Mexican food and byob.

Depends upon what you are looking for.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
another vote for O'connors. good selection on beers, and i've seen kids in there before. You may have a wait on friday night though. i think they may offer call ahead seating.

If you want to sit down for pizza, i'd reccomend Wonder Bar on shrewsbury street. It has an old school feel to it, but it's cash only. I was just there last Friday and the pizza is great!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thank you so much guys.
Some of the places look real good, real damn good.
I'll have a hard time trying to pick a place to eat at from that list.
I knew that you guys would know the best of the best.
I'll let you all know what I pick and how the family liked it.
Again thanks.
smitty

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Piccolo's on Shrewsbury st. has been my favorite Italian place since Anthony's closed.

Top Bottom