• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A gift from my uncle...which to choose

take the one with the most trade/resale value so if you don't like it you can use it to get something you like. Sounds like he is willing to give either away because he is not particularly impressed with them either. I believe that Ruger is the model a guy I work with bought and has had nothing but FTE's and it will only run Blazer rounds clean. He sent it back to Ruger to fix and it came back same way finicky with ammo and more FTE's.

I go with this too. Pick the one that's worth more, and then if you don't like it, you can always sell or trade it for something else more to your liking.

I'd rather have the m&p, but I don't shoot 40 and try to keep my ammo variation to a minimum, so I'd take the Ruger. Like others have said, try them both.

I went off-book.

I was going to take the Ruger, until he found two rifles he had forgotten about. He had purchased them for X-mas gifts earlier this year, but since then, the person he intended to gift them to became a PP. (Lesson here, don't get behind the wheel after drinking ESPECIALLY when there is a Police Station across the intersection from the establishment you are leaving)

Since [pics]

I give you the two latest additions to my collection, a basic 10/22 and a Remington Model 597 in OD green. They may not be much to look at, but it lets me take my daughter to the range, as well as my wife for a family day of shooting....Now if I can only find some .22LR

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20141228_154952315[1].jpg
    IMG_20141228_154952315[1].jpg
    132 KB · Views: 115
That is awesome !! Gotta love Uncles that "forget" they bought guns.

Great outcome, and now you have a couple of awesome training tools to get everybody out shooting.

Sweeet

That is awesome !! Gotta love Uncles that "forget" they bought guns.

Great outcome, and now you have a couple of awesome training tools to get everybody out shooting.

Sweeet

Seems he bought them at a 4th of July sale at Dick's and with the move and everything, just forgot about them. So now I have 2 new (as in never fired) rifles, which should be perfect for getting my family out shooting! (I also have a Remington 522 and should be picking up another 10/22 within the next 10 or so days)

Now, I just need to start getting an extra mag for each and I should be all set! (And some .22LR because that is harder to find than an honest politician)

Seems he bought them at a 4th of July sale at Dick's and with the move and everything, just forgot about them. So now I have 2 new (as in never fired) rifles, which should be perfect for getting my family out shooting! (I also have a Remington 522 and should be picking up another 10/22 within the next 10 or so days)

Now, I just need to start getting an extra mag for each and I should be all set! (And some .22LR because that is harder to find than an honest politician)

Take a look in the classifieds, I definitely saw 10/22 mags and .22 for sale. It may be a bit pricey but what can you do. I know that Four Seasons has some 22 available. Again, it might be a wee bit pricey but it is available. Good stuff too. http://www.fsguns.com/

Take a look in the classifieds, I definitely saw 10/22 mags and .22 for sale. It may be a bit pricey but what can you do. I know that Four Seasons has some 22 available. Again, it might be a wee bit pricey but it is available. Good stuff too. http://www.fsguns.com/

Thanks for the reminder about the classifieds!

Back
Top Bottom