• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Florida man shot and killed a 400-pound black bear, may face charges

tpm

A Florida man shot and killed a 400-pound black bear after it broke into his house two nights in a row to get to a bag of dog food.

'I felt in danger enough that since it wouldn't leave I had to shoot it,' said Victor Peters of Lady Lake of the Wednesday night incident in a video interview posted online by the Orlando Sentinel.
Killing a bear in Florida is illegal and Mr Peters could now face charges.
The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation will be handing the case to prosecutors early this week when they will decide whether to take the issue further.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...man-shoots-400-pound-bear-breaking-house.html

So if it was a thug, this wouldn't even make news-at-6, but since was a bear they have to hear about it in the UK and even investigate it just to see if they can dig up some obscure way to charge the guy? Backwards times we live in.... Pretty sure if he'd called "the professionals" they'd have just shot it, or at the very least caged it and euthanized it so what's the difference? Abolish the 2A, it's for the bears.....

Ive always said, no matter what it is, a simple traffic stop or this bear stuff, they'll just pile on charges. Gestapo tactics reminiscent of the 3rd Reich, get in deeper so there's no way out. And they wonder why folks are going rouge.

"In a previous case this year, seven bears were euthanized in April by wildlife officers in the search for the culprit after one grabbed a Lake Mary woman by the head outside her home."

So they killed seven to get one they were not sure about and this guy took the steps necessary to try and ensure the bear not return, but the bear came back anyway, broke into his house, was a threat to him and now they want to press charges. Can you say hypocrisy?

"In a previous case this year, seven bears were euthanized in April by wildlife officers in the search for the culprit after one grabbed a Lake Mary woman by the head outside her home."

So they killed seven to get one they were not sure about and this guy took the steps necessary to try and ensure the bear not return, but the bear came back anyway, broke into his house, was a threat to him and now they want to press charges. Can you say hypocrisy?
Should have just shot the bear, placed a knife next to the body and stayed quiet.

Should have just shot the bear, placed a knife next to the body and stayed quiet.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have gone after the bear that grabbed the lady by the head. But this was pretty dangerous too. So to say his life is less important that the head grabbed lady is kind of wrong. But I agree with you. If the bear had a weapon then it would clearly have been viewed upon as self defense. [smile]

But friends of the bear said it had just started turning it's life around...

Reverend Al and Jessie are already in route.
If it had been a polar bear the guy would never have shot.
Couldn't help myself. [slap]

Wait until the carjacking starts...

images

Exactly. I have zero doubt that had he not killed the bear, wildlife officers or some other state agents would have killed it, and would be getting praise for doing so. Just another example of how the government wants to control you in every way possible. You don't get to make decisions, only the government does.

don't jump to conclusions. It just has to go through the channels to be official. I don't doubt this was lawful but it has to be declared so after a basic investigation. same thing with my dad shooting several rabid racoons around our house in PA. Too many morons shooting shit out of season caused this (and I know of many in the deep south)

Back
Top Bottom