• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A dispatcher in Lawrence is under investigation

Don't speak English, Sucks to be you. Why the hell are we expected to accommodate those that refuse to adapt to our society? I know some of you are going to whine that we do not have an official language. We don't need to, English has been the common language used in this country since at least from The Mayflower Compact and on.

+1 agree with you.

Foreign visitors might have emergencies as well. When I was on travel in Japan I was relieved to see "Press Here for English" on ATMs.

Don't speak English, Sucks to be you. Why the hell are we expected to accommodate those that refuse to adapt to our society? I know some of you are going to whine that we do not have an official language. We don't need to, English has been the common language used in this country since at least from The Mayflower Compact and on.

this. but because it's Spanish, and in Lawrence, it'll be an issue. Had it been someone speaking Swedish and calling Lexington, it would never have made the papers

18.jpg

You won't find any argument from me over it. Screw them all!!

Half the posters on NES can't even speak English despite it being their first language, never mind being able to learn a second.

+1 agree with you.

Ditto

- - - Updated - - -

Half the posters on NES can't even speak English despite it being their first language, never mind being able to learn a second.

When ever someone babbles at me in Spanish I reply in Korean. The looks I get are a riot.

Make English the official language, and expect everyone to adapt to this country. We didn't put up with this shit 50 years ago, why should we now.

Last edited:
Make English the official language, and expect everyone to adapt to this country. We didn't put up with this shit 50 years ago, why should we now.

We can't because that would be racist. We can't make it Spanish either because that would be unfair to the Indians, brazillians and Israelis.

The only fair thing to do is make our official language "anything but English." It's only common sense and it's fair. You DO want to be fair don't you?

+100

Mom and Dad came from Italy, guess what was spoken? Broken english... They figured it out. Why can the new dreamers take the same course of action? Don't have to...

We can't because that would be racist. We can't make it Spanish either because that would be unfair to the Indians, brazillians and Israelis.

The only fair thing to do is make our official language "anything but English." It's only common sense and it's fair. You DO want to be fair don't you?

Fairness sounds great,I will order every course from http://www.rosettastone.com/.[smile]

I didn't realize that a lot of Israelis came to the US and didn't speak English...

I know someone who was turned down for a management job he qualified for with flying colors.
The job was his, till they found out he didn't speak Spanish.
Hmm wonder why some folks might be a tad bitter.

I know someone who was turned down for a management job he qualified for with flying colors.
The job was his, till they found out he didn't speak Spanish.
Hmm wonder why some folks might be a tad bitter.
What was the job? The same thing happened to my old roommate but the job involved dealing with Latin American immigrants who struggled with English, so of course my non-Spanish-speaking roommate didn't get the position.

Latin. I think we should make the official language of the U.S... LATIN.

I don't remember much of it from high school, but I think it would be cool. And that way, no one would know wtf anyone was talking about.

Then Darwin. Who ever has the most survivors can speak whatever they want. I am going to go with...... Mandarin.

Back
Top Bottom