• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Debt Of Gratitude To Some Fantastic Forum Members

Recently, I have run a number of ads for reloading gear, accessories, and firearms. I noted in my first ad that I was selling them for a friend with health issues. I did not want to go into details in the ads, but the situation is much more serious - so draw your own conclusions.

The first forum member to respond regarding my ad for a Ruger MKII asked if he could bring along a friend, and my wife was somewhat concerned about having 2 strangers come to our home to, heaven forbid, look at guns. LOL

Right on time, in walk 2 fine, clean cut, exceptionally mannered young men, who immediately introduce themselves to my wife. She watches the conversations as they inspect the pistol, smiling, not saying much, and upon leaving, they both say goodbye to her and shake her hand. Heck, by that time, I think she was ready to adopt them.

And so it went, on and on.

One young Marine vet, drove 2+ hours each way from western Mass. to buy a shotgun owned by my friend, coincidentally also a Marine vet.

Several others also drove considerable distances as well.

There were many forum folks who responded, all were exceptional. I wish you all were closer as it would be a privilege to shoot with you. You folks know who you are, and you have my contact info. If you ever find yourselves on Cape Cod, contact me and join me at my club as my guest.
If you don't want to transport firearms, I'll supply the equipment and ammo.

Thank you. I will not forget you and I will let my friend and his family know of your support and generosity.

Hope you all have a great Holiday season.
Regards,
CapeCodder

This is the only forum where I'm not concerned with flakes when buying or selling something.

Every transaction I've done, the people have shown up early and are always friendly, courteous, and respectful.

Props to the young men who made my generation look good. Wish I knew the Marine was making that long drive, I would've like to have gone for a ride with another vet from my area. Well done men!

Back
Top Bottom