A Day at the Range

JonJ

NES Member
Nothing special, just a yearly QUAL with pistol, shotgun, and patrol rifle. Kinda of grey and a little chilly but dang, it sure was nice to get out there for the first time this year!
Jon

JonJ said:
Nothing special, just a yearly QUAL with pistol, shotgun, and patrol rifle. Kinda of grey and a little chilly but dang, it sure was nice to get out there for the first time this year!
Jon

That's great! How'd you qual?

Well, pistol, I dropped 2, way out of character for me especially on this course of fire. Shotgun using 00 buck, 2 pellets outside. Should have stuck with slugs! Patrol rifle (M4) a sweet grouping all where they count. Rifle is my fav for sure. But pistol is the main tool and the one that really counts, as far as I'm concerned anyway.

JonJ said:
Well, pistol, I dropped 2, way out of character for me especially on this course of fire. Shotgun using 00 buck, 2 pellets outside. Should have stuck with slugs! Patrol rifle (M4) a sweet grouping all where they count. Rifle is my fav for sure. But pistol is the main tool and the one that really counts, as far as I'm concerned anyway.

What's your course of fire?

JonJ said:

I hate those flyers. BTW - that's what Ed (hubby) and I call group therapy. [lol]

Pistol, 50 rounds, 10 each from 3,7,10,15,25 yards. So many rounds in so many seconds at each line but not all 10 in any single time frame. most standing, sme kneeling at the longer yardage.
Shotgun, 10 rounds total, 5 @25yd, 5 @15mixed off hand and kneeling (longer yardage), mixed with combat/administrative loading
Rifle, 20 rounds total, 10 @25, 10 @15. Mixed Off hand, kneeling, prone (longer yardage) 25 yds with the rifle is no challenge whatsoever!
Pretty basic, easy but it's shooting and free ammo to boot! And I don't have to clean the weapons, well other than my pistol.

I did quals a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad the snows gone so I can get to the range and practice. [oops]

Lynne said:
I hate those flyers. BTW - that's what Ed (hubby) and I call group therapy. [lol]

You got it Lynne. With having to Qual there's a little pressure and everyone is in a rush to get out of there but shooting is shooting and I love it.

A couple guys even said to me that they'd like to try the AR out at 100 yards. I told them that after I get voted into the club, I'll take them as guests and let them try my Bushy DCM at 100 and 200. I'll bring a Garand and the M14 and let them try those as well.
Jon

Back
Top Bottom