• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A couple unique ones...

Sweeney

NES Member
Stopped by my friends place yesterday as he wanted to show me an M1 bolt that an over-excited re-loader 'modified'. Blew the bottom out at the ejector, cracked both locking lugs and ejected most of the receiver internals out the bottom. Same guy managed to shear the legs off of a 1911 barrel.

The cool part; He also got in an M1 barreled receiver in 22-06 DUPLEX serial number 3 and an Argentine FN49 in 7.62 NATO. The FN might be coming home with me... depending on price.

Not sure if you ever met my roommate, Pat...but he has an FN49 (I THINK in 8mm) and the receiver was cracked. It was still shooting, but he disassembled and found the crack and had to have it repaired at pullman. Excellent shooting and very underrated rifles. I think one in .308 will likely be a dream to shoot! Post pics when you get it!

Correction; Not a DUPLEX barrel... just a 22-06... yeah...just.

Apparently this was designed as a very flat shooting sniper variant with about 20 or made for testing. The 22-06 DUPLEX was designed to increase hit probability.

I think one in .308 will likely be a dream to shoot! Post pics when you get it!

NOT 308 - 7.62x51. There is a difference and you should not use 308 ammo in it.

I have an 8mm version and it is a lot of fun to shoot. A 7.62 would be very nice.

Not sure if you ever met my roommate, Pat...but he has an FN49 (I THINK in 8mm) and the receiver was cracked. It was still shooting, but he disassembled and found the crack and had to have it repaired at pullman. Excellent shooting and very underrated rifles. I think one in .308 will likely be a dream to shoot! Post pics when you get it!
Never met Pat. Yeah, cool rifle... 'Proto-FAL'. Most were in 8mm I believe. I knew about the Luxembourg 30-06 FN49s but never heard of these Argentine modified ones. Waiting on a price and I will decide from there whether I buy it or not.

NOT 308 - 7.62x51. There is a difference and you should not use 308 ammo in it.

I have an 8mm version and it is a lot of fun to shoot. A 7.62 would be very nice.

Don't you mean the opposite? Looser tolerance for 7.62 than for .308, so some 7.62 might not get along with a tighter .308 chamber.

Stopped by my friends place yesterday as he wanted to show me an M1 bolt that an over-excited re-loader 'modified'. Blew the bottom out at the ejector, cracked both locking lugs and ejected most of the receiver internals out the bottom. Same guy managed to shear the legs off of a 1911 barrel.

The cool part; He also got in an M1 barreled receiver in 22-06 DUPLEX serial number 3 and an Argentine FN49 in 7.62 NATO. The FN might be coming home with me... depending on price.
are FN gas systems touchy to pressure?

Back
Top Bottom