A couple of you here on NES will appreciate this

OK, I'll ask . . .

What is ASA? I can't connect the dots on that one and it could stand for any number of orgs out there.

Thanks.

Pilgrim was before us, it has now turned into NSA which is who Glenn and I wore the Army green for.[wink] [laugh] That was good.[laugh]
It is a very unique environment, is an understatement.[laugh] The ones that were really scary were the ditty boppers.

Pilgrim was before us, it has now turned into NSA which is who Glenn and I wore the Army green for.[wink] [laugh] That was good.[laugh]
It is a very unique environment, is an understatement.[laugh] The ones that were really scary were the ditty boppers.

Wasn't Richard Clark the director of the NSA 6 or 7 years ago? I had to deal with him on a security related matter when we were developing a vacinne back then.

I was in the ASA all during my 4 years but was assigned to NSA duty starting in 1968.

"Black is for the night we fear,
blue is for the water we don't don't go near,
white is for the flag we fly,
yellow is the reason why.

Red is for the blood we shed,
as you see there is no red......"

Ironic in that the first guy killed in Nam was ASA.

Last edited:
I only heard parts and pieces of that song from the old timers when I was in. Glad to finally hear the whole thing, brought back some memories.

I was O5-D (or as Mrs WW would say, one of the ditty boppers) - Morse Code Direction Finder.
I did AIT at Ft Devens (lived in "Splinter City" and had the actual training (after code school) in the old POW section - should have been a sign)
Then I spent 91 - 92 and 93 - 94 at Cp Humphreys in Korea, with a year off for good behavior thrown in at Ft Meade, MD.

Who woulda thunk there'd be so many of us here?

and remember the motto "we won't fight and YOU can't make us.."
Our alert uniform in Berlin was always said to be an orange jumpsuit and a fuzzy fright wig and a broom. we would sweep our way to the port at helmstat....
(for the people who where not in the euro AO this is what the public works people in Berlin wore. (the Jumpsuit anyway..)

Thanks for the link, I check out a few more sites for T-berg. Sounds like our old barracks, the olympic swimming pool and a bunch of the other buildings have now been torn down.[sad] Guess they did it for more housing. Bummer. Sounds like Andrews doesn't exist anymore.

Back
Top Bottom