A couple of FAL builds.

fal9.JPG

fal10.JPG

First one is built on a NODAK/DCI receiver with a 17.35" barrel.
Parkerized finish that I may or may not redo in GunKote or DuraCoat
(I'm also considering applying a camo job). Then again... I just might leave it the way it is). [grin]

fal17.JPG

fal19.JPG

fal20.JPG

Second one is built on a DSA Type II receiver, 21" barrel, Ironwood Designs handguards, SWFA "Super Sniper" 16X42 scope, DSA picatinny rail top cover, Tactical Precision HRT med scope rings, harris bipod, finished in GunKote AK-Black. The pistol grip I fashioned myself from American walnut.

fal5.JPG

fal2.JPG

fal18.JPG

fal8.JPG

fal21.JPG

Last edited:
Nice! How long was the wait for Ironwood ?

Too long... as in I gave up and bought the set from a seller on the FAL files.
[thinking]

Also,is that how the wood came or did you stain it yourself ?

Nice work on the grip.

The handguards are unstained. For the rest of the lumber I applied directly to the wood a homemade stain made from brown Rit dye and denatured alcohol and buffed it out with 0000 steel wool.

All the wood got at least 6-8 applications of Formbys tung oil.

That DSA is super nice!
I always wanted a wooden stock for my L1A1 but could never find a new stock set.

New sets are next to impossible to find right now. Used L1A1 sets show up (round laminated style with round vent holes and triangular style with slotted vent holes), in the "Marketplace" forum on the FAL Files. They almost always
need some tender loving care to bring them back to life, but even then they sell pretty quickly.

Great job on the photos.

Thanks.

I finally broke down and bought myself a halfway decent digital camera about 2 weeks ago and have been having a blast with it (might be time for a digital photography thread) [smile].

Back
Top Bottom