• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Citizens' Army Grows in New Orleans

In the first three months of this year, the number of people in New Orleans who were granted permits to carry a concealed weapon more than doubled, to 85, over the same period in 2005 —

3 months, 85 permits and that's more than doubled !?!?

Yup, less than one a day getting permits, that's a real military like build up.

(New Orleans Police Department sergeant Donovan) Livaccari points out that, in a holdup, a gun-waving victim is more likely to end up shot than one who simply hands over money

What a steaming pile of crap.

3 months, 85 permits and that's more than doubled !?!?

Yup, less than one a day getting permits, that's a real military like build up.

It may not be a military buildup. But it is good to see some people waking up, getting out and exercising their rights to defend themselves.

I disagree.

A potential victim who starts waving a gun randomly will get his stupid @$$ shot.

A potential victim who is POINTING his gun at the potential attacker, most likely will not...

True....

Gun waving = bad
Aim center of mass *bang* *bang* = good [wink]

I disagree.

A potential victim who starts waving a gun randomly will get his stupid @$$ shot.

A potential victim who is POINTING his gun at the potential attacker, most likely will not...

Take a look at the source of that statement Jay. I don't doubt, that if the potential victim IS pointing the gun at the BG, he'd still call it "waiving a gun".

Dissagree...

Aim at center of mass.. *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* attacker going down and not moving = good!

Not nearly as good as aiming carefully ... *BANG* ... attacker drops like a stone and doesn't move.

Best of all: Aim at center of mass ... attacker drops gun and is still crying like a little girl when the police arrove to take him away. YMMV, but I've already seen enough blood to last me the rest of my life.

Ken

Best of all: Aim at center of mass ... attacker drops gun and is still crying like a little girl when the police arrove to take him away.
Ken

+1 Nothing like seeing someone who thought they were Billy Badass crying like a baby.

Back
Top Bottom